Author Topic: Angel Marathon  (Read 37389 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Marathon
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 10:11:15 PM »
Angel: Season 1

11. Somnambulist
Original Air Date: 1/18/2000
Kate discovers Angel's secret after he comes to her assistance when a vampire from his past shows up in town and begins a killing spree.

Guest Stars:
Elisabeth Rohm
Jeremy Renner
Nick McCallum
Kimberleigh Aarn

My Thoughts:
This is an episode I really enjoyed a lot! It had a very interesting story. I liked that Kate finally found out about the demons that are really out there. For some reason on both Buffy and Angel whenever they show clips of Angel back in the old days... that is a sign of a very good episode. This one is definitely one of my favorites of the first season!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 12:02:23 AM »

12. Expecting
Original Air Date: 1/25/2000
After a night out on the town with her new boyfriend, Cordelia wakes up eight-and-a-half months pregnant with something decidedly inhuman growing inside her.

Guest Stars:
Daphnee Duplaix
Ken Marino
Josh Randall
Doug Tompos

My Thoughts:
Another one I enjoyed. I especially like that Cordelia got to get in the last blow against the demon. And I definitely had to chuckle at the very end when Cordelia made Wesley tear up.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 12:34:05 AM »

13. She
Original Air Date: 2/8/2000
Angel, Cordelia, and Wesley are caught in the middle of a war of the sexes when a female demon from another dimension rises up against her male oppressors.

Guest Stars:
Ling Bai
Colby French
Heather Stephens
Sean Gunn

My Thoughts:
A decent... but somewhat standard filler episode. In this episode Wesley officially becomes part of the team.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 01:33:17 PM »

14. I've Got You Under My Skin
Original Air Date: 2/15/2000
An exorcism Angel and Wesley perform on a young boy possessed by a demon takes an unexpected turn when they discover just how much the demon wanted out.

Guest Stars:
Elisabeth Rohm
Will Kempe
Katy Boyer
Anthony Cistaro
Jesse James

My Thoughts:
This is one I enjoyed a lot. Sure... it is a rip off of The Exorcist. But it is a good one. I really enjoyed the storyline. And the effects were done well. And I liked how they made it that the demon wanted nothing more then to be released from the boy.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 02:24:36 PM »

15. The Prodigal
Original Air Date: 2/22/2000
An attack by a normally peaceful demon on a subway train leads Angel to a disturbing connection between Kate Lockley's father and an illegal drug warehouse.

Guest Stars:
Elisabeth Rohm
Julie Benz
John Mahon
J. Kenneth Campbell

My Thoughts:
And here we have another episode with flashbacks to the past. This time from when Angel was first changed into a vampire. So We get some scenes with Julie Benz as Darla. And it is another one I enjoyed every second of.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 11:41:45 PM »

16. The Ring
Original Air Date: 2/29/2000
An investigation leads Angel to an underground gladiator-like arena where he is captured, then forced to fight to the death with other demons in order to win his freedom.

Guest Stars:
Markus Redmond
Douglas Roberts
Scott William Winters
Stephanie Romanov

My Thoughts:
A good episode... but really just a filler episode. I liked the storyline though.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2010, 12:20:34 AM »

17. Eternity
Original Air Date: 4/4/2000
A young actress seeking protection from a stalker takes a sudden personal interest in Angel after she discovers he's a vampire.

Guest Stars:
Tamara Gorski
Michael Mantell
Robin Meyers

My Thoughts:
A good episode... though it does start out a little slow. And the whole star wanting to be a vampire to stay looking young is a  story that was told before... more then once. But entertaining all the same. And it really picked up when Angel gets drugged... awakening Angelus. That is the part that saved this episode for me.

My Rating:
Pete

Critter

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 12:22:15 AM »
Is this marathon just season 1 or are you going to do the other seasons as well?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 12:25:54 AM »
It may take me a while... but I will be doing all 5 seasons.
Pete

Critter

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 12:53:41 AM »
Nice. I am thinking of doing a 7 season Buffy one soon. I know a lot of people in this forum have already completed the same marathon, but since it's just about the only box set I own I thought I would give it a go.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 01:33:55 AM »
I would love to read your thoughts on it!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 01:35:40 AM »

18. Five by Five
Original Air Date: 4/25/2000
Wolfram & Hart approach Faith with the promise to get all the murder charges she faces back in Sunnydale dropped in exchange for one small favor - killing Angel.

Guest Stars:
Julie Benz
Christian Kane
Thomas Burr
Tyler Christopher
Stephanie Romanov
Eliza Dushku

My Thoughts:
Not only do we get flashbacks of when Angelus first gets his soul back... but we also have Faith coming to town. Awesome episode! Faith really roughed up Wesley a bit!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 05:27:08 PM »

19. Sanctuary
Original Air Date: 5/2/2000
Convinced Faith is capable of changing her ways, Angel tries to help her even as Kate, the Watchers Council and Buffy continue to hunt her down.

Guest Stars:
Elisabeth Rohm
Christian Kane
Stephanie Romanov
Eliza Dushku
Sarah Michelle Gellar

My Thoughts:
This is a great conclusion to Faith coming to LA. Plenty of excitement. And Buffy comes to town seeking vengeance. Though I do think Wesley was a little quick to help Angel after the torture he went through at the hands of Faith.  At least Cordelia taking off for a vacation while they helped Faith was a little more believable.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2010, 06:07:02 PM »
19. Sanctuary

My Thoughts:
This is a great conclusion to Faith coming to LA. Plenty of excitement. And Buffy comes to town seeking vengeance. Though I do think Wesley was a little quick to help Angel after the torture he went through at the hands of Faith.  At least Cordelia taking off for a vacation while they helped Faith was a little more believable.

I just watched the very same episode (the last 4 to be precise) and I don't think Wesley would have come around so easily hadn't it been for the three Council guys. Wesley values life very high - remember when he will steal Connor to protect him?
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2010, 06:26:44 PM »

20. War Zone
Original Air Date: 5/9/2000
While working a blackmail case, Angel encounters Charles Gunn, the leader of a gang of street kids battling a nest of vampires who've settled in their neighborhood.

Guest Stars:
Michele Kelly
Maurice Compte
Mick Murray
Joe Basile
David Herman
J. August Richards

My Thoughts:
And we finally meet Charles Gunn... who becomes part of the main cast in season 2. Until I watched this episode again this morning I forgot that Gunn had a sister and what happened to her. This is a good strong episode. I enjoyed it.

My Rating:
Pete