Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: 12/11-12/13  (Read 12647 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: 12/11-12/13
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2009, 02:57:45 PM »
yeah... the storyline with Lois' kid did bring it down a little for me as well... but not so much that I didn't think it is still a great movie. And I liked the fact that it is so nostalgic to the first couple movies.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2009, 05:55:18 PM »

Title: A Bothered Conscience
Year: 2006
Director: Dennis Smithers Jr.
Rating: NR
Length: 87 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital Stereo
Subtitles: N/A

Stars:
Dennis Smithers, Sr.
Stephen Martin
MacFarland Martin
Thomas King
Tim Turner

Plot:
Twenty years after his father is murdered in a savage act of retribution, Lucas is left alone to preserve the twisted family legacy.

Extras:
Scene Access

My Thoughts:
This is one of the movies from the cheap 50 movie boxset that I bought this past October. So naturally going into this one I wasn't expecting much from it. It is better then I was expecting. But it does start out pretty slow story wise... and I found myself wanting to dose off more then once. But once I made it to the last half an hour of the movie it picked up for me. I found it to be a bit on the weird side... but it ended pretty strong. I am not sorry I watched it... so that is a plus for a movie in a set like this.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2009, 09:15:58 PM »
The end is really great, perfect exemple of a surprise ending... I've never seen it coming at all (didn't even waiting for one).
With a better budget this one could have been one the best and original horror movie made recently. At least certainly better than The Sorority and most of the recent remake

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2009, 08:55:57 AM »
The end is really great, perfect exemple of a surprise ending... I've never seen it coming at all (didn't even waiting for one).
With a better budget this one could have been one the best and original horror movie made recently. At least certainly better than The Sorority and most of the recent remake
That last sentence really ruins your preceeding praise :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2009, 12:10:23 PM »

Title: Bloody Birthday
Year: 1981
Director: Ed Hunt
Rating: R
Length: 85 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital Mono

Stars:
Lori Lethin
Melinda Cordell
Julie Brown
Joe Penny
Bert Kramer

Plot:
In 1970, three children were born during the height of a total eclipse of Saturn, the planet governing emotion. Ten years later these seemingly innocent children have become heartless killers able to move around under the radar of suspicion because of their youthful facades. What happens when a teenage girl and her younger brother stumble upon the horrible truth?

Extras:
Scene Access
Trailers
Production Notes
Interviews

My Thoughts:
This is a movie I bought (cheap) for my Horror Marathon this past October... but unfortunately didn't get to watch at the time.  I bought this one thinking hoping it is the movie I remember getting from the video store way back in my teen years. One that I remembered enjoying every since. But going into it I couldn't be sure it is the one I am thinking... as it has been at least a good 25 years since I seen it. It turns out that this is definitely the movie I was thinking it was. I can't say it is quite as good as I remember it being. But I definitely enjoyed every minute of it. Of course I do have a soft spot for '80s horror... after all they are the movies I grew up watching.

Sure, evil children has been done to death. Some probably done better then this one. And more times then not it seems to have to do with an eclipse when the children was born. But that don't take away from the fact that this one is good. It has some creative kills (gotta love the arrow through the peephole!) and a good story. I am so glad I finally found this movie again... and the fact that it cost me less then $4.00 is icing on the Bloody Birthday cake. While I really can't complain... I do wish this one had more extras on the disc.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2009, 03:35:43 PM »

Title: Curse of the Wolf
Year: 2006
Director: Len Kabasinski
Rating: NR
Length: 105 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital Stereo

Stars:
Lanny Poffo
Darian Caine
Brian Heffron
Pamela Sutch
Renee Porada

Plot:
A young woman, Dakota (Renee Porada) has finally found a way to "control" her Lycanthrope metamorphosis and desires to live a "normal life". All might be well if not for Dakota's "pack", who wants a different life for Dakota... to live in werewolf immortality and hunt with them forever!

Extras:
Scene Access

My Thoughts:
I felt like watching another movie from the Mortuary of Madness boxset I bought this past October. I have been kinda looking forward to this one just going by the cover art for the movie. But of course, at the same time, I went into this movie with no expectations what so ever. There was things I liked about this one... as well as things I disliked. First of all... too much music! The production value was a bit low... the main problem I had with this was the fact that the night scenes where too dark to see what was going on for the most part. And of course the acting could have been better for most parts. But I did enjoy the storyline. And I also liked the mixture of martial arts in this movie. While it could have been much better... it was enjoyable. I am glad I watched it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2009, 08:24:54 PM »
This set was certainly not a waste of money for me, since many of those films are enjoyable and the quality is surprisingly good. It seems that it was a good purchase for you also ;D

Any chance to see what you think of Alucard soon? Not in this marathon of course since the weekend is almost over...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2009, 08:58:44 PM »
I wanna watch it... but I keep pushing Alucard to the side... just because of the length of it. It isn't often I feel up to a movie that is up over 2hrs! But it is one I will definitely be watching.

And yes... the set was worth the price.  :thumbup:
Pete