Author Topic: Pete's Pilots  (Read 62895 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Pete's Pilots
« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2010, 01:34:08 AM »

The Fugitive
This hugely popular, original hit TV series that inspired two Hollywood blockbusters, THE FUGITIVE stars David Janssen as Dr. Richard Kimble, a physician unjustly accused of murdering his wife. When his train crashes en route to Death Row. Kimble breaks free from the custody of Lt. Gerard–and runs for his life. Fleeing from town to town, switching identities and toiling at countless jobs fuels Kimble's obsession to catch the real killer–a one-armed man he saw leaving the scene of the crime. His obsession is matched only by Gerard's–who blame himself for Kimble's escape and who will stop at nothing to get him back.

Fear in a Desert City
Breaking free of Gerard's custody, Kimble escapes to Tuscon, Arizona-where he befriends an attractive piano player with a jealous husband.

My Thoughts:
A great classic series. Though it is a more slow-paced series... which I normally don't like. But it works for this one. Only problem is I can only watch so many at a time of this show. Which is why after owning the series for almost 2 years now and I am still working on Season 1 Vol. 1.  In this pilot episode The Fugitive is already on the run. You are introduced to the characters and what happen in the opening credits.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2010, 11:45:58 AM »

Full House
Take three little girls, their recently widowed father, and two of dad's best buddies, put them in the same household, and stand back for a Full House of laughs, love and warmth.

Enjoy all 22 Season One episodes (plus wonderful extras!) of the smash-hit series that ran from 1987 to 1995. Bob Saget plays Danny Tanner, the girls' doting dad. John Stamos is their rock-'n'-rollin' Uncle Jesse. Dave Coulier is Joey, a wannabe comic whose best audience is right at home. And the three Tanner youngsters are played by Candice Cameron, Jodie Sweetin and Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, who share the role of nine-month-old scene stealer Michelle. Their house is your house!

Our Very First Show
Joey and Jesse's very first day as dads includes that harrowing rite of passage: changing a diaper.

My Thoughts:
While not what I would call a favorite, this series is entertaining. A fun show with a few laughs. The show has a likable cast and is one of those type of shows where most all problems is solved in the one half hour show. It was kind of weird seeing this first episode again... and seeing how long Jesse's hair was at the time. And I must say it was hilarious to see Jesse and Joey trying to change a diaper. At this point I still only have the first season of the series... on of these days I will have to continue collecting this series. As I said... not a favorite but fun.... and I am sure I could get these sets fairly cheap.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2010, 12:20:54 PM »

Futurama
Clear some space in your DVD collection for FUTURAMA, the out-of-this-world sci-fi spoof from "The Simpsons" creator Matt Groening. Loaded with a galaxy of outrageous extras, this 3-disc set includes the show's first 13 episodes in their entirety, so you can get in on the future... and the fun... from the beginning!

Space Pilot 3000
After an accidental cryogenic freezing, Fry awakens at the dawn of the year 3000. With the help of his two new friends, a degenerate robot named Bender and a beautiful one-eyed alien named Leela, Fry defies his life assignment as a delivery boy. He tracks down his great-great-great-etc. nephew, Professor Farnsworth, who hires the three to work for his intergalactic delivery service. It's a brave new world and Fry is in for the ride of his life.

My Thoughts:
A fun animated series... though one I seemed to tire of after a while. I only have the first season on DVD. But I would consider getting more seasons if I found them cheap enough.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 26, 2010, 12:43:56 PM »

Game Over
GAME OVER is the critically hailed CGI animated comedy set in the world of video games. The comedy revolves around the Smashenburns, you typical video game family.

Rip (Patrick Warburton of "Seinfeld" and "The Tick") is a race car driver who's better at crashing than crossing the finish line. His wife, Raquel (Lucy Liu), struggles to balance her responsibilities as a mom with her career as a secret agent in search of the emerald monkey. Yet every day the biggest challenge these parents face is with their kids.

Alice (Rachel Dratch of "Saturday Night Live") is a teen with supreme angst. And Billy (E.G. Daily of "Powerpuff Girls") is a trend obsessed mook in love with an anime exchange student.

To complicate matters, they adopt Turbo (Artie Lange of "The Howard Stern Show"), a fat, purple cigar smoking pet of undetermined origin to bring the family together.

They're the first family of video games, glitches and all.

Meet the Smashenburns
The Smashenburns are worried that the family is breaking away from each other, causing them to go their separate ways. This inspires the family to buy a new pet, which might bring them back together again. A 300-pound creature, with the ability to speak is brought into the family. They name it "Turbo." This creature gets urges to perform a crime and a need for cigars.

My Thoughts:
Another fun animated series. One that didn't last long at all. It makes a family (and neighborhood) of video game characters. While it is fun I understand why it didn't last long. The whole idea of it gets a little old after a while. But over all a series I am glad I added to my collection. Is a fun watch when you are in the mood.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2010, 01:47:59 PM »

Ghost Whisperer
Melinda Gordon (Jennifer Love Hewitt) is a young newlywed with the unique gift to communicate with spirits of people who have died - a talent that was inherited from her grandmother.

The dead seek out Melinda's ability to help them relay significant messages and information to the living. Despite her fear, compassion compels her to help these earthbound spirits cross over by completing their unfinished business with the living. Relive these amazing journeys in all 22 first-season episodes.

Pilot
Melinda is haunted by the spirit of a restless soldier who died 30 years ago in Vietnam. She helps the veteran and his living son find closure.

My Thoughts:
A wonderful series... one of my all-time favorites. This series is what made me a big Jennifer Love Hewitt fan.... as while I did hear of her before I really wasn't that familiar with her until this show. In the early episodes the show was focused more on the dramatic touching storylines. But it didn't take long for it to become more then that. To put some eerie scenes into the show. To put an over-all story arc. If by chance you never seen this show... I highly recommend it.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2010, 05:17:25 PM »

Gilligan's Island
A three-hour tour? No way! Not when you have all 36 Season-One episodes of 'Gilligan's Island' plus a cargo of DVD extras that include the originally unaired pilot.

The S.S. Minnow first sailed into living rooms on September 26, 1964, and from there steered into legend. Certainly much credit for the show's three-year run and amazing afterlife goes to the remarkable cast whose characters managed to endure life on the island while never losing their comic timing. Bravo to Bob Denver, Alan Hale, Jim Backus, Natalie Schaefer, Tina Louise, Russel Johnson and Dawn Wells. It's a joy to be stranded with them time and again - here on Gilligan's Isle.

Two on a Raft
The shipwrecked castaways awaken to find themselves marooned on an uncharted island, so Gilligan and Skipper set out on a flimsy raft to find civilization.

My Thoughts:
A silly but fun show. That one short sentence pretty much describes it. Sure some of it is ridiculous. I have to admit... I enjoyed it more when I was a kid then I do now. But I still get in the mood to watch it sometimes. And Brittany really enjoyed it as well. I kinda like how the pilot episode introduces you to all the characters... with the news on the radio listing them and what they do where they talk about them being lost at sea. And the shark attack was pretty fun as well. The first season (of 3) is the only season that is in Black and White. I own the first two seasons... and I do plan on eventually getting season 3 if for no other reason to complete the series... but I would like to see the episodes again anyway... as I am sure would Britt.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2010, 05:42:24 PM »

Good Morning World
Good Morning World - The flrty 60's TV sitcom that takes mixing business with pleasure to new extremes! The action unfolds every day at a small Las Angeles radio station where Larry (Ronnie Schell), and Dave (Joby Baker) work as morning show DJs. While Larry is a swinging Ladies' man with his eye on every woman on the block, including Dave's bombshell neighbor (Goldie Hawn) Dave is the bumbling married guy who is just trying to stay out of trouble with his wife (Julie Parish). Despite their good intentions they find no end to adventureas their job gets them into all sorts of fun - from broadcasting from a nude ranch, to polling listeners about Dave's wife, to using their job as an excuse to take flying lessons. This is the series that launched the mega-career of Hollywood starlet, Goldie Hawn, and it set the standard for edgy, provocative sitcom style that America has come to adore.

Knits to You, Sir
When Dave and his wife Linda try to return a "bargain" sweater, they get into a dispute with the store, which happens to be a sponsor of Dave's show.

My Thoughts:
This is a series that I bought blind when I found I could get the entire series (26 Episodes) for under $20... and it had Goldie Hawn in it... so figured I would give it a chance. It is a pretty good show. Has a few laughs... but not a favorite in my collection. I found out today while trying to get info on this series for my post that the episodes are not in order on the discs. This pilot episode is the fourth episode in the set. I also have to say... this has one of the most annoying themes out there. But the show isn't too bad really... it does have some laughs in it.

My Rating:

See What I Mean about the intro:
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2010, 06:33:53 PM »
I like Jennifer Love Hewitt but I have never seen her series because spooky stuff is not my thing usually.  I actually find it odd she's doing this series since she once mentioned on a talk show she is scared to death of horror movies.  If she were doing a comedy, I might be watching all the time.  Maybe I'll try watching an episode soon.  I have Good Morning, World...and find it odd Pete would get this since the premise is a couple of guys who who are music D.J.s...and I didn't realize the episodes were out of order.  Of course, I watched it when I first got it which is maybe a couple of years ago now...or close to it.  I do agree with Pete, though, that the theme is a bit offbeat and really not one I care for either.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2010, 07:10:08 PM »
I really wouldn't consider Ghost Whisperer a horror series. Sure it deals with spirits... but not the type that are out to scare you or anything like that. It is just helping the spirits of the (usually) recently deceased to cross over into the light. Though there is some eerie scenes. Especially after the first season. And then I still wouldn't consider it horror at all.

As for Good Morning World... It is kinda like how Sports Night is a TV Series that is really not about sports. Being radio DJs is just the setting for the series... it has been a long time since I watched the entire series... but I really don't remember much music at all in it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2010, 07:42:45 PM »

The Greatest American Hero
William Katt stars as mild-mannered high school teacher Ralph Hinkley whose close encounter with aliens leaves him with a super-power suit that only he can control. But when Ralph loses the instruction manual, the safety of mankind is left in his fumbling hands. Now with the help of his attorney girlfriend Pam Davidson (Connie Sellecca) and FBI agent Bill Maxwell (Robert Culp), the world's most unlikely flying crime fighter is ready for action. It's a bird! It's a plane! It's... THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!

Michael Paré and Faye Grant co-star in the Emmy-nominated '80s hit created by Stephen J. Cannell. This collection features every first season episode — including the Emmy-nominated pilot — plus all-new interviews with the show's stars and the unaired pilot for the proposed spin-off series THE GREATEST AMERICAN HEROINE.

Pilot
Schoolteacher Ralph Hinkley and F.B.I. Agent Bill Maxwell are brought together in the desert and encounter a spaceship whose occupants give them a red super suit and a book of instructions. Losing the book does not help them stop a takeover attempt of the U.S. government by a wealthy industrialist and the corrupt Vice President.

My Thoughts:
Being a fan of Superhero movies and shows I get a kick out of this series. Sure it is pretty silly... but it is fun all the same. Brittany has watched some of this show with me in the past... and she always got a kick out of how Ralph couldn't fly straight... which sure is fun for a while... but is something I found got old after a while. The pilot is a double length episode where Ralph first meets Bill and first gets the suit.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2010, 08:31:44 PM »

Grey's Anatomy
Grey's Anatomy is "a winner," raves the New York Daily News. Both a critical hit and fan favorite, season one burst onto the television landscape with gripping plot lines, a sensational soundtrack and hot stars, including Ellen Pompeo, Patrick Dempsey, and Sandra Oh. Now you can experience all the drama, romance and excitement of Grey's Anatomy from the very beginning.

Meet Meredith Grey, a brilliant first-year surgical intern at Seattle Grace Hospital. Together with her fellow residents in training, Meredith navigates her way through the daily traumas and social landmines of life inside the hospital and out in the real world. Grey's Anatomy is a smart and witty look at young people struggling to be doctors and doctors struggling to stay human.

A Hard Day's Night
Meredith Grey reports for her first day as an intern at Seattle Grace Hospital, only to find that her new boss is Dr. Derek Shepherd, the man she had a one-night stand with the previous evening. As they meet the hospital staff and patients, Meredith and her fellow interns slowly begin to realize exactly what they are up against. They may have been students yesterday, but today they are doctors facing a world where on the job training can be a matter of life and death.

My Thoughts:
Another great medical series. For some reason I just love these shows! This is a good opening to the series. It introduces all the characters nicely. Most all the interns (well except one) is really likable. And what a way to meet your boss! Once again we have a show I really don't want to stop watching after seeing the pilot episode again!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2010, 08:44:54 PM »
Since watching the pilot episode of Grey's Anatomy I just couldn't help myself.... I have now watched the entire first season! (Granted that is only 9 episodes)

Since there is only the rest of the day today and tomorrow before my weekend movie marathon... I just may continue watching this show as I still haven't had enough.  :P
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2010, 09:27:42 PM »

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Today it was announced that they are finally releasing season 5 :)
It has been almost four years since season 4 was released.

Rogmeister

« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2010, 10:00:53 PM »
Who would want this anyway?  It airs on cable TV about 50 times a week!

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2010, 10:06:46 PM »
Who would want this anyway?  It airs on cable TV about 50 times a week!

Who watches TV anyway?  :P

I even disconnected my satellite receiver because I didn't use at all anymore.