Author Topic: Pete's Pilots  (Read 62436 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Pete's Pilots
« on: October 26, 2009, 02:03:51 PM »
Pete's Pilots
This thread will be reviews of all the pilot episodes in my collection. I will be reviewing them in Alphabetical order... reviewing the pilot episodes of everything from 21 Jump Street to Xena: The Warrior Princess. Though this will be a slow moving review... as I do not have as much time for DVD watching as I previously had. Take note that any show that has a 2-part pilot I will watch both parts so that I can get the entire story watched and reviewed.

I Have Pilot Episodes For...
# (3 Series)
- 21 Jump Street
- The 4400

A (12 series)
- The Addams Family
- The Adventures of Aquaman
- The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.
- The Adventures of Robin Hood
- Adventures of Superman
- ALF
- Alias
- Alien Nation
- All in the Family
- American Gothic
- Angel
- Arrested Development

B (17 Series)
- Barney Miller
- Batman Beyond
- Batman: The Animated Series
- BeastMaster
- Bewitched
- Beyond Reality
- The Big Bang Theory
- Bionic Woman
- Birds of Prey
- Blood Ties
- Blue Collar TV
- The Bob Newhart Show
- Bones
- Booker
- The Brady Bunch
- The Buccaneers
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer

C (10 Series)
- C.S.I.
- Challenge of the Super Friends
- Charlie's Angels
- Charmed
- The Cisco Kid
- Cleopatra 2525
- The Comeback
- Commander in Chief
- The Cosby Show
- The Crow: Stairway to Heaven

D (16 Series)
- Dark Angel
- Day Break
- Dead Like Me
- The Dead Zone
- Desperate Housewives
- Dexter
- Dharma & Greg
- The Dick Van Dyke Show
- Diff'rent Strokes
- Dinotopia: The Series
- Doogie Howser, M.D.
- Dracula: The Series
- The Drew Carey Show
- Due South
- The Dukes of Hazzard
- Dungeons and Dragons

E (6 Series)
- Earth 2
- Eerie Indiana
- Ellen
- The Ellen Show
- ER

- Everybody Loves Raymond

F (12 Series)
- The Facts of Life
- Fear Itself
- Firefly
- The Flash (NOTE: I Cannot watch this pilot as my disc 1 is damaged)
- Forever Knight
- Frasier
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
- Friday the 13th: The Series
- Friends
- The Fugitive
- Full House
- Futurama

G (6 Series)
- Game Over
- Ghost Whisperer
- Gilligan's Island
- Good morning World
- Greatest American Hero
- Grey's Anatomy

H (12 Series)
- The Hardy Boys / Nancy Drew Mysteries
- Harsh Realm
- A Haunting
- Head of the Class
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (2002)
- Hercules: The Legendary Journey
- Heroes
- Highway to Heaven
- Home Improvement
- How I Met Your Mother
- The Hunger
- Hunter

I (3 Series)
- I Love Lucy
- The Incredible Hulk
- Invasion

J (4 Series)
- JAG
- The Jeff Foxworthy Show
- Joan of Arcadia
- Joey
K (5 Series)
- Kindred: The Embrace
- King of Queens
- Knight Rider (1982)
- Knight Rider (2008)
- Kolchak: The Night Stalker

L (5 Series)
- Land of the Lost
- Life on Mars (US)
- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
- The Lone Gunman
- Lost

M (17 Series)
- M*A*S*H
- M.A.N.T.I.S.
- MacGyver
- Malcolm in the Middle
- Married with Children
- The Mary Tyler Moore Show
- Masters of Horror
- Medium
- Millennium
- Miracles
- Monk
- Monster Squad
- Moonllight
- Mork & Mindy
- Murphy Brown
- My Hero
- Mysteries, Magic and Miracles

N (6 Series)
- NCIS
- Night Court
- Night Stalker
- Nowhere Man
- Numb3rs
- NYPD Blue

O (2 Series)
- One Day at a Time
- The Osbournes

P (11 Series)
- Painkiller Jane
- Palace Guards
- Party of Five
- Picket Fences
- Planet of the Apes
- Point Pleasant
- Police Squad
- Police Woman
- Poltergeist: The Legacy
- Prison Break
- Private Practice

Q (1 Series)
- Quantum Leap

R (7 Series)
- The Ray Bradbury Theater
- Reba
- Rescue Me
- Return to the Planet of the Apes
- The Rookies
- Roseanne
- Roswell

S (36 Series)
- S.W.A.T.
- Sabrina: The Teenage Witch
- Scrubs
- The Secret World of Alex Mack
- The Secrets of Isis
- Seinfeld
- Sex and the City
- Shazam!
- The She-Wolf of London
- Significant Others
- Silk Stalkings
- The Simpsons
- Sledge Hammer!
- Sliders
- Smallville
- Spider-Man (1967)
- Spider-Man: The New Animated Series
- Spin City
- Sports Night
- Square Pegs
- Stacked
- Star Trek
- Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Stargate SG-1
- Starsky and Hutch
- Step by Step
- Stingray
- The Stockard Channing Show
- Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
- Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show
- The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians
- Superboy
- Superman: The Animated Series
- Supernatural
- Surface
- Survivor: Borneo

T (14 Series)
- Tabitha
- Tales from the Crypt
- Tales from the Darkside
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
- Three's Company
- The Time Tunnel
- Titus
- Too Close for Comfort
- Tracy Takes On...
- Tremors: The Series
- Tru Calling
- Twilight Zone (1959)
- Twilight Zone (2002)
- Twin Peaks

U (2 Series)
- Unsub
- The Unusuals

V (3 Series)
- V: The Series
- Veronica Mars
- Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

W (8 Series)
- The Walking Dead
- The War at Home
- Weeds
- Wiseguy
- Witchblade
- Without a Trace
- Wonder Woman
- Wonderfalls

X (2 Series)
- The X-Files
- Xena: The Warrior Princess

Y (0 Series)

Z (1 Series)
- The Zeta Project
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:25:29 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Pete's Pilots
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 02:06:25 PM »

21 Jump Street
It all begins here, as baby-faced rookie Officer Tom Hanson (Johnny Depp) is assigned to an elite squad of young undercover cops - Judy Hoffs (Holly Robison Peete), Doug Penhall (Peter DeLuise) and Harry Truman Ioki (Dustin Nguyen) - to infiltrate high schools and fight crime. Frederic Forrest and Steven Williams co-star in this classic first season that also features such guest stars as Jason Priestley, Josh Brolin, David Paymer, Sherilyn Fenn and Blair Underwood in what became Fox's first runaway hit and remains on of the coolest cop shows in TV history!

Pilot (Part 1 & 2)
Although he graduated at the top of his class in the police academy, Tommy Hanson’s baby face has made him a liability to his partners. Faced with the prospect of reassignment to a desk job, Hanson’s only other option is to go back to high school – undercover – with a special unit of the police force investigating criminal activity.

My Thoughts:
I really enjoyed re-watching this pilot. They did a good job at introducing all the characters. I liked how it followed how Hanson got into the Jumpstreet program. I kinda wish it showed that for all the characters... but they had so a good and already full 2-part pilot episode that I can understand why they didn't. When I originally watched this show I never cared for the hippie captain of the Jumpstreet program. But I did get used to him. And no sooner I got used to him they replaced him. Go figure!

My Rating:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 04:05:20 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 04:07:32 PM »

Midnight. Jack Bauer, head of the CIA's Los Angeles Counter Terrorist Unit, is suddenly thrust into a chaotic and exhausting 24-hour marathon of death, deception and terror as he struggles to prevent the assassination of a presidential candidate, find the traitor within his own organization, and save his kidnapped wife and daughter.

12:00 AM - 1:00 AM

Moments after discovering his daughter Kimberly has snuck out of the house, Jack Bauer is called into work. As head of the CIA's Los Angeles Counter Terrorist Unit office, he's told that an assassination attempt will be made on the life of presidential candidate David Palmer and it's up to his team of agents to keep Palmer alive. Meanwhile, Jack's wife, Teri, also sets out to find their daughter.

My Thoughts:
This is a great start to the series. I really enjoyed every minute of watching it again. A good introduction to the characters and an interesting story. The main drawback to watching this type of series for this type of marathon is the fact that after watching the pilot episode you really don't want to stop.

My Rating:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 06:28:10 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

richierich

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 06:38:04 PM »
The main drawback to watching this type of series for this type of marathon is the fact that after watching the pilot episode you really don't want to stop.

Oh yes - I felt like that several times  :slaphead:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 09:24:41 PM »

The 4400
Over the last century, thousands of people have gone missing. Suddenly and inexplicably, 4400 missing people are returned all at once, as they were on the day they vanished. Unclear what this world-altering event means, the government investigates the 4400 to piece together where they've been and why they've been returned. It quickly becomes apparent that their presence will change the human race in ways no one could have ever foreseen.

Pilot
Everyone on Earth is excited about a comet passing by, but as soon as its trajectory changes to a collision course everyone starts to panic. The comet turns out to be a giant ball of light that when explodes it leaves behind 4400 people. They are missing persons who have been gone from a few months to 60 years and none have aged a day. The 4400 are put in quarantine and eventually released. Some of the returnees begin to exhibit strange and uncontrollable new abilities. Tom Bishop and Diana Skouris, two Homeland Security agents, are appointed to find out what happened to the 4400.

My Thoughts:
This is one of those series that while it is good... it is not one I would call a favorite. As of yet I still only have the very short (5 episodes) 1st season set. I don't know what problem I have with it... as it is a good premise and for the most part the characters are likable. But for some reason I tend to get a little bored watching this show. And I never have the urge to watch the next episode right away when I watch one like I do on most series.

My Rating:
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 10:18:37 PM »
"Pete's Pilots"? Sounds like a dodgy sitcom about an air traffic controller...  :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 10:31:30 PM »
 :laugh:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 01:36:46 PM »

The Addams Family
They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky, and now for the first time, they're on DVD! The Addams Family, America's first family of ghastly giddiness, are here in all of their ghoulish glory in the original TV series based on the delightfully demented imagination of Charles Addams. Tarantulas, torture racks, and tombstones have never been so much fun! Join Gomez, Morticia, Uncle Fester, Lurch, Cousin Itt, and the rest of the gang for a fiendishly funny and altogether ooky experience. It's time to pay a call on...The Addams Family!

The Addams Family Goes To School
When Gomez and Morticia keep Wednesday and Pugsley home from school, the truant officer pays a visit with predictably ghastly results.

My Thoughts:
I always enjoyed this classic sitcom. Sure the characters are weird but of course they are meant to be. In this one the kids has their first day at school. Where they get upset over Grimm's Fairy Tales. So The Addams Family tries to rid the school of these fairy tales where there is cruelty to animals (Dragons slayed) and Nice old ladies pushed into ovens (Hansel & Gretal).

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 01:58:32 PM »

The Adventures of Aquaman
Menace of the Black Manta/The Rampaging Reptile Men
When fiendish foes and marine menaces threaten the peaceful undersea world of the lost city of Atlantis, Aquaman, King of the Seven Seas, dives to the rescue! Aided by teen hero Aqualad and their aquatic frieds Tusky the walrus and sea horses Storm and Imp, these brave water warriors battle astonishing creatures like Volcanic Monster, Ice Dragon and Devil Fish. Using his superior strength, cunning wit and telepathic communications abilities, Aquaman faces evil villains like Black Manta and Vassa, Queen of the Mermen to fight for justice on the ocean floor. Plunge into this two-disc collector's edition featuring all 36 action-packed cartoons from the fantastic TV series in original airdate order!

My Thoughts:
Now this one is a blast from my past. It is one of the many superhero cartoons I used to watch when I was a kid. Even though it wasn't ever one of my favorites I did enjoy it. Each episode has 2 short stories... I enjoyed the first story with the Black Manta a little more then the second story. This series has the more clean cut version of Aquaman that I am so used to. I really don't like the look of the current version where he has a long beard and hook for a hand. It is just not the Aquaman I know... this one is.

This series was coupled with a Superman cartoon which unfortunately I do not have on DVD.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 05:53:40 PM »

The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.
The world's favorite western/sci-fi/comedy/action cult hit rides again! Here on 8 discs is the complete series about Brisco (Bruce Campbell), a tough-as-rawhide cowpoke, debonair ladies' man and Harvard-educated smarty-britches who roams from Frisco to Jalisco in pursuit of outlaws who killed his father...and in search of a mysterious orb possessing out-of-this world powers. Hot lead and cool anachronisms await Brisco as he and his sidekicks - including Comet, the intellectual equine who doesn't know he's a horse - fight for justice in the way, way, way-out West. Put your boots in your stirrups, your tongue in your cheek and join the fun. Let's play cowboys and aliens.

Pilot
When U.S. Marshal Brisco County, Sr. is murdered by John Bly and his gang of outlaws, the robber barons of San Francisco's Westerfield Club hire Brisco County, Jr. as a bounty hunter to round them up. Brisco meets a lot of interesting people along the way, including rival bounty hunter Lord Bowler, and the Westerfield Club's stuffy lawyer, Socrates Poole. He also learns of a mysterious object which John Bly would do anything to possess, for the supernatural power it can give him.

My Thoughts:
This looks to be a fun series. Not exactly a straight forward Western. It adds both Comedy and Sci-Fi to the mix. This show has a couple familiar faces. Other then Bruce Campbell in the title role... it has Billy Drago (Charmed - Demon of Fear) and John Astin (Addams Family - Gomez). This is a show that I bought blind... but now look forward to checking out.

My Rating:
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 05:59:54 PM »
I also own The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. but have only seen the pilot and I think the first hour-long episode so far.  I need to get back to it soon. 

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 10:09:39 PM »

The Adventures of Robin Hood
This classic television series ran from 1955 to 1960, featuring the tales of Robin Hood and his band of Merry Men. Richard Greene stars as our gallant hero who fought the forces of the evil Prince John, his local official the Sheriff of Nottingham and any aristocrat or ne'er-do-well who threatened the common people and loyal subjects of King Richard. Robin and his band lived in the shelter of Sherwood Forest, fighting their foes and hoping for the day when their beloved King Richard will return from the Crusades to rule once again.

The Coming of Robin Hood
Sir Robin of Loxley returns to England from fighting in the Crusades to discover that the notorious Sir Roger DeLisle has been given his family's lands and castles, and has had Robin declared an outlaw.

My Thoughts:
This is a good classic series that is filled with action.... and has a nice bit of comedy mixed in as well. Granted this is a cheap set so the image quality could be better. But it is definitely watchable.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 05:04:26 AM »
I also own The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. but have only seen the pilot and I think the first hour-long episode so far.  I need to get back to it soon.
I have hd this on my unwatched pile for way too long and should be getting to it soon (December...?) as well.

Rogmeister

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 05:08:05 AM »
I never bought this DVD but I believe I watched the show as a child.  I still remember the theme song...

Robin Hood, Robin Hood
Riding through the glen...
Robin Hood, Robin Hood
With his band of men
He robbed from the rich
And gave to the poor
Robin Hood...
Robin hood...
Robin Hood!

;D

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 07:17:14 AM »
Yup Roger that is the one. I showed the set to my mother when I got it. She remembered it from it's original airing. And watched the set I bought within 2 or 3 days. I had promised to get the entire series so she could watch them all again... but never got the chance to before she passed away. :(
Pete