Author Topic: Anyone have a Playstation 3 here?  (Read 10101 times)

Critter

Re: Anyone have a Playstation 3 here?
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2010, 02:17:42 AM »
I've always been more into sci fi/fantasy style games and third-person action/adventure rather than FPS games. I would try them though, I just haven't played them much so far. I'm thinking of giving one of the COD's a go eventually.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2010, 05:35:21 AM »
While I am temppted by Black Ops' setting, I am hesitating strongly. I haven't finished Modern Warfare 2 and still have enough games to keep me occupied for, :hmmmm: months, with a least 2 more coming out in January (Dead Space 2 and LittleBigPLanet 2).

My PSN ID is found in the signature.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2010, 06:09:03 AM »
While I am temppted by Black Ops' setting, I am hesitating strongly. I haven't finished Modern Warfare 2 and still have enough games to keep me occupied for, :hmmmm: months, with a least 2 more coming out in January (Dead Space 2 and LittleBigPLanet 2).

I too have plenty of games to keep me occupied for months, but we're talking about Call of Duty, I can't resist that.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2010, 08:07:21 AM »
I am sorry, I just realized I still had the old stat-card in there, whcih no longer works. Now fixed.

Najemikon

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2010, 09:01:52 PM »

I too have plenty of games to keep me occupied for months, but we're talking about Call of Duty, I can't resist that.

I couldn't, but the double whammy of World at War and Modern Warfare 2 put me off. The former being a bit shit and the latter being an animated movie that you occasionally had to move a character in. I could never get into the online side either, but I'm having a lot of fun with Medal Of Hono(u)r.  ;)

Rogmeister

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 07:20:16 AM »
I just ordered a PS3...which is the first of the current consoles I have broken down to get (though I mainly am getting it so I also have a Blu-ray player).  I have no idea what my first game(s) will be...I enjoy baseball but I'll probably wait until the 2011 baseball games come out.  I've heard good things about Batman: Arkham Asylum so I'll likely get that but other than that I have no real thoughts yet.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2010, 07:27:31 AM »
I just ordered a PS3...

I like this guy.

Critter

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2010, 08:37:25 AM »
I just ordered a PS3...which is the first of the current consoles I have broken down to get (though I mainly am getting it so I also have a Blu-ray player).  I have no idea what my first game(s) will be...I enjoy baseball but I'll probably wait until the 2011 baseball games come out.  I've heard good things about Batman: Arkham Asylum so I'll likely get that but other than that I have no real thoughts yet.

No idea what games you will get? Mr huge Western fan? I would have thought you would have already put Red Dead Redemption on order  ;).

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2010, 11:34:26 AM »

No idea what games you will get? Mr huge Western fan? I would have thought you would have already put Red Dead Redemption on order  ;).

That would be a great package. But it will probably come with a new release game like Gran Turismo.

Rogmeister

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2010, 05:44:33 PM »

Yes, I definitely want that game...but I don't want to buy too many games right away since Christmas is coming up so I can give my family a chance to get me something for it if they are so inclined.  And as I just said on another thread, I don't think my system is coming with any game.  If there is one, I will definitely be very surprised.

Critter

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2010, 09:51:35 PM »
When I bought my PS3 it came with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Rogmeister

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2010, 10:40:01 PM »
Here in the U.S., we get a TV cable channel called G4.  It used to be a channel completely devoted to video game programming but show by show, most of those have been done away with.  One video game review show still remains, though, titled XPlay.  The episode airing in just under 2 hours is supposed to concentrate on Sony with looks at their latest releases.  I figure this would be a good idea for me to watch (though I rarely see the show anymore) to give me an idea of what good PS3 games are just coming out.

Critter

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2010, 10:44:34 PM »
Yeah that sounds like a good idea Roger. In Australia there is a video-game talk show where they review new games every week which is one once a week. I try to never miss an episode and always end up getting lots of good game ideas from it.

Rogmeister

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2010, 05:12:21 PM »
I watched it...it was interesting though not too many of the games they listed appealed to me and they did list PSP games, too.  They didn't mention Batman: Arkham Asylum...I guess that game's been out too long for them to mention it.  They did do a quick mention of Red Dead Redemption, though.  As I said, I will definitely be getting that one.  My nephew just got a Wii...and he's had an Xbox 360 for a few years...so between us, we now have all the current consoles covered.

Fasteddie33

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2010, 09:49:19 PM »
Arkham Asylum is my favorite game for the PS3...It looks and sounds great on a Hi Def tv....Also,you might want to check out the 007 Games...