Author Topic: Anyone have a Playstation 3 here?  (Read 10041 times)

Critter

Re: Anyone have a Playstation 3 here?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2009, 01:41:37 AM »
Thanks for all the help guys, now I just need to see if I can convince my Mum to get one for a Christmas present.

snowcat

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 11:29:37 AM »
As soon as I have enough money to get a new laptop (hopefully Jan) ill be saving up for a PS3, Ill more then likely use it mostly for the Blu-ray, but Im sure ill buy a few games. I own a 360 and use my HD DVD player more XD

Im hoping there will be some offers after Christmas I can take advantage of!

Rogmeister

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2009, 04:50:12 PM »
I don't have a PS3, Xbox 360 or a Wii!  Yes, I am current system deprived!   :(  I do still have two older systems they're still making games for...the PS2 and the portable Nintendo DS.  I also have the original Xbox (which I've not played in an awful long time) and the Nintendo GameCube.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2009, 07:40:21 AM »
My son plays games on psx3, online wirelessly, and it is impressive to watch, particularly the latest fifa and call of duty.
I use it for blurays, but also there is a vidzone which is free, this is music videos on demand where you can build your own playlists etc - very impressive and great to put on with people around.
Also free is the iplayer, where you can catch up with latest TV episodes, although reliant on a good bandwidth for streaming the programmes.

All in all I'd 100% recommend owning a ps3
vidZone and iPlayer are area restricted and unless your IP is in the UK (or Europe for vidZone) you cannot access it.

Critter

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2009, 10:36:28 AM »
vidZone and iPlayer are area restricted and unless your IP is in the UK (or Europe for vidZone) you cannot access it.

Ah damn, I wonder if theres a similar thing available in Australia.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2009, 11:22:41 AM »
Ah damn, I wonder if theres a similar thing available in Australia.
Not that I am aware. You might just check out PlayStation Australia. The PSN Store in general is regionalized and stuff released in one area may not be available in others. I am mainly connected to the Hong Kong (Asia) store, which is one of the worse ones. While I have accounts in other areas in order to purchase items you must have payment means for that region.

Also their "Home" service is regionalized and items are not always added to all areas at the same time. Again, I am in Hong Kong (Asia) Home and it's among the worst. Not that Home is a deciding factor...

richierich

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2009, 11:38:59 AM »
My son plays games on psx3, online wirelessly, and it is impressive to watch, particularly the latest fifa and call of duty.
I use it for blurays, but also there is a vidzone which is free, this is music videos on demand where you can build your own playlists etc - very impressive and great to put on with people around.
Also free is the iplayer, where you can catch up with latest TV episodes, although reliant on a good bandwidth for streaming the programmes.

All in all I'd 100% recommend owning a ps3

Sorry I hadn't considered that. Shame as it's one of the best elements of the ps3

Critter

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2009, 11:43:17 AM »
I just had a browse through the Playstation Australia site and it appears that vidzone is also available in Australia.  :)

ninehours

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009, 08:11:58 PM »
Have a Ps3, but only bought it to play Blu-rays which it does so good i have never felt the need to upgrade to a "proper" Blu-ray player (actually now use the Ps3 as my main player), have also noticed since installing windows7 on my computer i now have the WMP icon on my Ps3 but haven't figured out how to access it yet.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 03:43:03 AM »
I've my PS3 since its launch back March 2007. I absolutely love it! Its video playback capabilities are unmatched by any other console or media playback device on the market.

DVD's looks great up scaled to 1080P on my 46" Sony Bravia. I recently bought The Searchers on Blu-ray and the picture quality blew my mind. I cannot tell you how good it looked; you have to see for yourself.

Critter

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2010, 05:33:04 AM »
Australian!!!

Welcome Dr. Hasslein.

And yeah, I am constantly blown away by how great everything looks through my PS3 on my Samsung HD TV.

W0m6at

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2010, 12:15:46 PM »
I think I'm cursed.

Castle Crashers: XBox 360 exclusive, then released for PS3 (US-only) and now that it gets "released", some administrative hiccup means we're still waiting here in AU (also NZ & Germany).
Who's That Flying!?: Delayed due to issues with the earliest PS3s (I'm looking at you Dr. Hasslein:P). Hopefully out next month.
LittleBigPlanet 2: Delayed until next year.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2010, 01:45:10 AM »
Who is pumped for Call of Duty: Black Ops? That game is going to be massive!

Critter

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2010, 01:56:38 AM »
I've personally never played any of the Call of Duty games, but a bunch of my friends from archery are planning on going to the midnight release of the game.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2010, 02:06:16 AM »
I love the Call of Duty series, particularly the ones set during WW2. Shooting Nazis is one of my favourite pass times lol.