Author Topic: [Spoiler] TV Season 2009/2010 Diary  (Read 42157 times)

lyonsden5

Re: [Spoiler] TV Season 2009/2010 Diary
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2009, 02:50:41 PM »
I watched the beginning of the episode this morning and was cracking up. Especially when the daughter said:
(click to show/hide)
:hysterical:

I didn't have time to watch the whole episode but am really looking forward to it now.  :thumbup:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2009, 11:20:08 PM »
I watched the beginning of the episode this morning and was cracking up. Especially when the daughter said:
(click to show/hide)
:hysterical:

I didn't have time to watch the whole episode but am really looking forward to it now.  :thumbup:

Oh I know.  I loved that part.  :)  I haven't had a chance to watch again yet, but I'm going to later tonight.  Absolutely loved it. 

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2009, 11:10:27 PM »
White Collar 1x01 Pilot
Someone mentioned that Chuck's Bryce Larkin would play a con man in the style of the epilogue of Catch Me If You Can. And I thought that I'd give it a try. So far I have to say it's OK. As of yet I am undecided whether it's a show for long-term watching, I will have to watch a few more episodes to decide that.

Castle 2x05 When the Bough Breaks
Richard Castle as possible author of James Bond books. That'd be the day ;D I loved it how Kate's and Rick's relationship was developing forward without them actually doing anything in this regard.

Castle 2x06 Vampire Weekend
Despite all the references to the Whedonverse and Vampires, Lycans and co. in general, it was only an average episode. As I said before, Crime isn't really my genre and this show has the disadvantage that there isn't any additional drama outside the current case. I had hoped there would come something out of Castle's discovery regarding Beckett's mom's murder, but they put that back in the box and forgot about it.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2009, 01:03:08 AM »
I really enjoyed Vampire Weekend..I think it was a good Halloween episode even without the wonderful Firefly reference.
I watched the show twice more online last night..all the way through..and I lost track of how many times I watched the opening again. 

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2009, 03:39:52 PM »
Two and a Half Men 7x05 For the Sake of the Child
This was a great episode, the two brothers worked very well as this old couple. I haven't laughed that much for a while on TaaHM. "Things you would change about me? - Your address!"

Dollhouse 2x04 Belonging
A really great episode, written by Jed Whedon and directed by Jonathan Frakes. Again Echo is not in the spotlight, but Sierra and - especially - Topher. And it was one of the episodes where they seriously question the ethics and morality of the Dollhouse itself. They should do this way more often because therein lies the conflict potential of the show.

Cougar Town 1x05 You Wreck Me
I really like that somewhat sentimental take on life of the show. And in between all these forty-somethings is that teenage boy and his ironic comments. It's more smile-funny show than a laugh-funny show, but I like it.

Cougar Town 1x06 A Woman in Love (It's Not Me)
That affair ain't over yet. I'm sure of it. I also like how the neighbour is slowly getting a larger role in the show but I also think they need another character in Travis's age to bounce sarcastic comments off of someone.

Gossip Girl 3x06 Enough About Eve
Nice power play everyone! And crash and burn for most of them... Blair played a nice Xanatos Gambit nonetheless. But Olivia is a bit too much like Serena in the first season, read: too nice. I need more drama, more secrets and more intrigues. ... And when I get it I just whish they would be more honest with one another... A bigot I am.

Gossip Girl 3x07 How to Succeed in Bassness
Just an average episode, nothing special even when it was Halloween.

How I Met Your Mother 5x05 Duel Citizenship
This time I was absolutely in sync with Ted. When he was bored, I was bored. When he had fun (or was in pain at the end) I had fun. And I loved it when the Canadians pummelled Barney for dissing them. :devil:

Supernatural 5x07 The Curious Case of Dean Winchester
Except for being obvious what cards Sam would have in that last heads-up, this was a cool episode. I liked it how they involved Bobby again and I also liked the 80-year-old Dean, the actor was pretty convincing with his annoyed stare. But I also liked the he-witch especially since he was not bad in the evil-bad sense.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 06:16:12 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2009, 11:26:20 PM »
FlashForward 1x05 Gimme Some Truth
Sometimes I have the feeling that the story is developing a bit too slow (a senate hearing that early in the show and over an entire episode?). And they used the style element to show the end before the beginning just to make a "48 hours earlier" jump - I think without that many people might have turned off during the episode.

FlashForward 1x06 Scary Monsters and Super Creeps
There's a bit too much personal drama and too little mystery uncovering drama for my taste. Yes we learned something new in the end but the main part of the episode was too focussed on ... (I still haven't learned their names) the main character's personal life in 6 months. At least they remain the mystery if the future an actually be changed.

Smallville 9x05 Roulette
Even though her role was technically small I really liked what Chloe did in this episode. But what I didn't like were the hints towards another triangle Clark-Lois-Oliver that shimmered through at the end of the episode. I hope they leave it at that and don't actually get through with it (Lois & Oliver again I mean).

Heroes 4x06 Chapter Five 'Tabula Rasa'
The evil plan begins to emerge, but it's still not clear what the goal of the circus folk is. It certainly would be interesting if Hiro manages to save Charlie but I fear the consequences of a writer's time paradox.

Heroes 4x06 Chapter Six 'Strange Attractors'
This was not so interesting, seeing Claire wandering through a slaughter house and Matt fighting against Head-Sylar. They have to do better.

Stargate Universe 1x05 Light
Of course they wouldn't die because then the show would be over. And I was pretty sure the shuttle wouldn't be lost since it contained at least to "credit" actors and as far as I can tell is the only shuttle left. And since they couldn't do anything about their situation the viewer has to watch them doing nothing and has to wait with them for the miracle that is saving them.

Stargate Universe 1x06 Water
I get what they (the writers) are trying to achieve. I really do. They (the characters) are alone at the arse of the universe, they have no control and limited supplies. But it's boring. We have an entire episode dedicated to a man stuck in a glacier and the rest of the crew hunts a bag full of fleas. I don't think I will watch this much longer, time is precious.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 11:09:43 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2009, 10:37:23 PM »
White Collar 1x02 Threads
Huh. That was a bit disappointing. It's only the second episode and it already became a regular cop show. Sure, the case itself was about forgery but everything else, even the involvement of Neal was regular cop stuff. You don't need a con man for that.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 11:09:55 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2009, 08:17:28 PM »
The Big Bang Theory 3x06 The Cornhusker Vortex
While funny, not as funny as it could have been. The entire scene where Leonard watches Football with Penny's friends wasn't funny at all if you ask me.
But I want that frakking chrome toaster!!!

Two and a Half Men 7x06 Give Me Your Thumb
This was an episode where I laughed my ass off. Charlie praying. Charlie testing the size of the breast implants. Charlie crying. SO great.

V 1x01 Pilot
It wasn't bad. And I bet for someone who doesn't know the original it's a cool start. But this wasn't a restart like the one from Battlestar Galactica. Somehow this felt a bit too indistinctive, even when they used a slightly different back story. But all the other elements were there. The Human spokesperson, the secret resistance, the resistance within the aliens, the "Hitler Youth"-alike youth organization, ... Don't get me wrong I will watch it, but so far the only thing that surprised me was the identity of resistance alien.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 08:22:54 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

lyonsden5

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2009, 08:45:48 PM »
The Big Bang Theory 3x06 The Cornhusker Vortex
While funny, not as funny as it could have been. The entire scene where Leonard watches Football with Penny's friends wasn't funny at all if you ask me.
I agree completely. There was some potential when Sheldon showed his knowledge of the game but they really didn't do anything with it. I would of rather have them show Sheldon teaching Leonard than what they had. Fact is Sheldon coming in cause he was out of bread (hysterical) stole the scene I thought.

2 1/2 Men was great. "...old man balls"  :hysterical:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2009, 08:59:14 PM »
I would of rather have them show Sheldon teaching Leonard than what they had. Fact is Sheldon coming in cause he was out of bread (hysterical) stole the scene I thought.

Me too. :2cents:
Karsten

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2009, 10:47:45 PM »
I agree the football stuff wasn't handled as well as it could have been with Sheldon, but I still really enjoyed the show.

I liked V.  I can see that they are trying to do their own thing while still having connections to the original.  I did think some of the things were shared a tad early..I think I would have liked it if there had been more build up to certain things, like the forming of the resistance and reveal of certain things about the aliens.

(click to show/hide)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2009, 10:54:46 PM »
I was disappointed by the contents of your spoiler as well. I had hoped he would be a regular when I saw him.
Karsten

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2009, 10:58:31 PM »
I was disappointed by the contents of your spoiler as well. I had hoped he would be a regular when I saw him.

Yup. He's too talented to be stuck with just these small one or two episode appearances.  He needs a regular part on a show.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2009, 12:29:33 PM »
V 1x01 Pilot
It wasn't bad. And I bet for someone who doesn't know the original it's a cool start. But this wasn't a restart like the one from Battlestar Galactica. Somehow this felt a bit too indistinctive, even when they used a slightly different back story.

I'm not really interested in this and I can't remember if I have ever seen the old series. But, damn, Morena Baccarin surely looks striking with short hair.
Matthias

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2009, 11:50:21 PM »
The Good Wife 1x06 Conjugal
I love the unusual (and yet serious) way how they solve their cases and I like how they often find a way to involve Alicia's husband in the case even when she has to sacrifice his reputation in the end.

Two and a Half Men 7x07 Untainted by Filth
Charlie's going to marry! The world comes to an end even before 2012! Loved the flashback to the "threesome" and how he managed to disguise his uncomfortableness by telling his mother's story. One story worse than the other. ;)

House M.D. 6x06 Known Unknowns
Loved Cuddy, Wilson and House at that conference, especially the the (19)80s party and House being totally serious when he held Wilson's speech and keeping his friend out of trouble. As usual, I didn't care too much about the actual case.

The Big Bang Theory 3x07 The Guitarist Amplification
Penny's and Leonard's first real argument. How cute. But once again Sheldon stole the spotlight from all of them. I am quite sure when the writers invented the show they didn't imagine Sheldon becoming basically the comical center of the show but that's how it turned out. Unfortunately I slowly get the feeling that the other four are slowly becoming supporting cast to give him an anchor for his lines.

Supernatural 5x08 Changing Channels
One week's worth of television in one episode. So cool, especially the CSI parody. But one thing I haven't understood: Was the Trickster we've known before never a Trickster and always Gabriel? Or did Gabriel choose the face of the Trickster for some reason afterwards?

Castle 2x07 Famous Last Words
You have to give it to them, they certainly try to find extravagant cases for them to solve. But I think that is one of the shows I'll never own on DVD, I don't see much re-watch value, sorry.

How I Met Your Mother 5x06 Bagpipes
I love it how they sometimes use a replacement thingy (sandwiches, bagpipes) to thinly veil the actual thing and keep it up for the entire episode. The best thing so far was when they were "eating sandwiches" in college all the time. But playing the bagpipes and all its allusions wasn't bad either.

How I Met Your Mother 5x06 The Rough Patch
Barney's fat suit/mask looked great. Remembered me a lot of the good ol' days of Monica in Friends. But I also feel that the show should come to an end. It's time Ted meets his future wife. Bringing the old Barney back does sound funny but I can't see it being the same as before. But maybe I am wrong, maybe there's still a lot of juice left in the writers's brains.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 11:03:55 AM by DJ Doena »
Karsten