Author Topic: [Spoiler] TV Season 2009/2010 Diary  (Read 42159 times)

Najemikon

Re: [Spoiler] TV Season 2009/2010 Diary
« Reply #240 on: May 31, 2010, 05:30:05 PM »
The problem is Rory is a time-traveller too. It makes sense to me that she would forget, but I think there is scope for her to remember soon... ;)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #241 on: June 03, 2010, 01:06:58 PM »
The Good Wife 1x23 Running
Whoah. This episode just added so many new shades of grey that we have a full 256 colour palette - without any colour in it.
This ending proved what a great year this has been. I knew exactly when the cliff-hanger was coming without even looking at the clock and I enjoyed it. It gives me something to wait for. I usually don't like cliff-hangers because normally they just interrupt an action sequence on its climax and you know how it's going to end anyway (maybe not the specifics but in general). But this was different.

This is certainly a show that will find its way onto my shelves.

Let me add something to that last statement: I don't know if I'm ever going watch this first season again. Not because I didn't like it (obviously) but I am watching a lot of things and my time is limited. And I buy faster than I can actually watch.
But I have a principle: Since I am not American, I cannot watch all that stuff I am watching totally legal (or I would have to wait a few years and then watch it dubbed on German TV). So when I really like a show, I still want to make a "contribution", to make sure the producers get something back for giving me more than 16 hours of entertainment. Thus I buy it on DVD even though I know I might not have the time to watch it ever again.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 02:06:57 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #242 on: June 03, 2010, 03:59:35 PM »
Justified 1x11 / 1x12 Veterans / Fathers and Sons
Some families. Boyd & Bo, Raylan and Arlo. I find it fascinating how the show appears to be black'n'white and absolutely grey at the same time. For now I'm just wondering what Boyd's true endgame is (excuse me for being a not-yet-believer that he's truly changed his ways).
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #243 on: June 04, 2010, 08:25:47 AM »
Burn Notice 4x01 Friends and Enemies
So, he's back in the spy game and he's not. It could be interesting, depending on how they manage to portray his on-duty activities (if they ship him out, he can't have a civilian case in the same episode and that everything happens in Miami would be not very convincing).
But I'm glad he's back.
Karsten

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #244 on: June 04, 2010, 11:16:41 PM »
The Vampire Diaries 1x16 / 1x17 / 1x18 / 1x19 / 1x20 / 1x21 / 1x22  There Goes the Neighborhood / Let the Right One In / Under Control / Miss Mystic Falls / Blood Brothers / Isobel / Founder's Day
It's not that this isn't a good show. It has an interesting concept, interesting characters and a good dynamic between them.
It's just never that high on my priority list. There are those shows that I need to see immediately (like Chuck and The Big Bang Theory) and those that I dropped altogether (like FlashForward and Stargate Universe). This show is somewhere in the middle sector. I watched it 'til the end because I wanted to know how the season ended but if I don't turn in next season I wouldn't feel like I missed out on something.
Karsten

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #245 on: June 06, 2010, 09:43:33 AM »
Party Down 2x06 "Not on Your Wife" Opening Night
Another one of these WTF episodes this show is so fond of. Loved it.

Party Down 2x07 Party Down Company Picnic
Finally the old order has been restored. Unfortunately there are only three episodes left this season and I honestly can't imagine how this show is going to work without Henry and Casey. The others are fun, too, but I just have to look at the new woman who still doesn't really fit in.
But it was great to have Uda (Kristen Bell) back. She has a great presence and her character fights right into this band of loonies.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 11:07:03 AM by DJ Doena »
Karsten