Author Topic: [Spoiler] TV Season 2009/2010 Diary  (Read 42155 times)

Rogmeister

Re: [Spoiler] TV Season 2009/2010 Diary
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 12:56:52 AM »
Have you seen any episodes of ABC's other Wednesday night sitcoms?  They include Hank (Kelsey Grammer), The Middle (Patricia Heaton) and Modern Family (ensemble cast including Ed O'Neill and Julie Bowen.  I find it interesting that two of ABC's new comedies (The Middle and Cougar Town) have cast members from Scurbs.  Does this mean Scrubs is now gone?  I don't like Hank though I've only seen about 1.4 episodes.  I like The Middle though my brother hates it.  My brother, on the other hand, loves Modern Family...and it is starting to grow on me.  My favorite of the quartet of new shows is definitely Cougar Town.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 08:57:01 AM »
Have you seen any episodes of ABC's other Wednesday night sitcoms? 

No I haven't and I don't plan to. My schedule is packed as it is. ;)

Does this mean Scrubs is now gone?

If I understood it correctly the only Scrubs alumni that remain mains are Cox and the black surgeon. Sarah Chalke and the former main guy will only have guest appearances on the new season.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Rogmeister

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2009, 02:49:44 PM »

If I understood it correctly the only Scrubs alumni that remain mains are Cox and the black surgeon. Sarah Chalke and the former main guy will only have guest appearances on the new season.

Well, in that case I may not watch it anymore because withoug all those missing cast members, it's just not the same show anymore.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 10:29:56 AM »
The Good Wife 1x04 Fixed
Morally grey with an unexpected turn of events. I liked it how the storyline about the case and her personal life displayed the same moral questions and how she was torn between helping him because it's the right thing to do and her urge not to help him because of his infidelity.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 10:41:54 AM »
The Big Bang Theory 3x05 The Creepy Candy Coating Corollary
Despite the appearance of Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher in Star Trek TNG) as himself I didn't enjoy it as much as previous episodes. The only really funny part was the end when Sheldon and Wil battled each other in a Mystic Warlords of Ka'a card game.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 11:08:02 AM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

lyonsden5

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 02:24:16 PM »
I'm surprised you didn't enjoy it. I know I did. I loved the way Sheldon kept using quotes from the Wrath of Khan

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round Perdition's flames before I give him up!"

And then he started quoting the movie, but did it in Klingon?!?  :hysterical:

Great ending too I thought.

BTW - I know I haven't posted much (if at all in this thread) but I am enjoying your take on these shows.  :cheers:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 02:53:41 PM »
And then he started quoting the movie, but did it in Klingon?!?  :hysterical:

Wil: "Did he just say 'Revenge is a dish best served cold' in Klingon?"  :laugh:

Maybe the problem was that I was expecting such things from Sheldon. Sheldon and Star Trek was such an obvious and already established connection that there wasn't really a surprise. Every above than average Trekkie can quote Star Trek II by heart. ;)
Karsten

lyonsden5

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 03:17:45 PM »
Every above than average Trekkie can quote Star Trek II by heart. ;)
Well you got me on that one. However not all of them can do it in Klingon!  :tease:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2009, 03:24:23 PM »
Every above than average Trekkie can quote Star Trek II by heart. ;)
Well you got me on that one.
The Reliant's prefix code to lower their shields is 16309. ;)

"THIS IS CETI ALPHA 5!"

However not all of them can do it in Klingon!  :tease:

Touché!
Karsten

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2009, 09:23:26 PM »
I really enjoyed the episode.  I know it wasn't surprising to have Sheldon quote Star Trek II, but I still liked it because it is part of his character.  That is the type of thing he does.

I'm now very curious to know who else is on his list of hated people - I can't remember exactly what he called the list now - and how many are on it.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2009, 03:28:25 PM »
House M.D. 6x06 Brave Heart
I have to admit, I watched it only half-heartedly (I was busy making screenshots for the quiz) but I can't remember that anything noteworthy happened.
Karsten

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2009, 11:30:31 PM »
The Good Wife 1x05 Crash
It's cool how they make one aspect of the current case somehow a reflection of Alicia's life, e.g. this time she has to disclose an affair and thus dragging another family in front of the camera spotlights.
Karsten

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2009, 08:59:20 AM »
The new episode of Castle has an awesome reference to Firefly.  I'm still all happy about it - yes I am that much of a geek. 
There's also a reference to Buffy too...and it is a Halloween episode. 

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2009, 09:50:44 AM »
The new episode of Castle has an awesome reference to Firefly.  I'm still all happy about it - yes I am that much of a geek. 

He's wearing something earth-coloured. ;) Fillion tweeted (twote?) about it. Haven't seen it yet though.
Karsten

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2009, 10:26:52 AM »

He's wearing something earth-coloured. ;) Fillion tweeted (twote?) about it. Haven't seen it yet though.

Yup he is...and some of the lines sort of ties in too.  You'll know it when it happens.  Beginning of the episode.  Awesome.   :yahoo: :yahoo:  I'm going to watch the episode again as soon as ABC gets it up.