Author Topic: Deep Discount - problem!?!  (Read 8281 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Deep Discount - problem!?!
« on: October 08, 2008, 05:06:43 PM »
I think I may have some trouble on the way. I placed a rather large order with Deep Discount on the 3rd... never got a shipment notice. I called them the last 2 or 3 days straight and every day they said the same thing... it should ship later today. Yesterday they even gave me a free upgrade on my shipping charge because it was taking so long... saying it should ship sometime that day.

But... the order arrived yesterday! Someone seemed to shipped it without marking it as shipped!?! No today I got an email from them saying my order shipped and that it was shipped 2 business day UPS. (Be here on 10/10) Did they send the shipment twice? and if so will I be charged twice? if so I am in serious trouble as I use a debit card and I don't have the funds to pay for them to take out twice! I looked at my online banking and they show the amount for the one order being in the works but not a second order. I will have to look again tomorrow to see what happens.

I swear... Deep Discount has been nothing but problems since they expanded their business!
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Deep Discount - problem!?!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 06:50:11 AM »
I'd say watch the situation and be prepared to quickly send them an e-mail or even call if they (try to) charge again.

I agree, they have somewhat depreciated(sp?) since they expanded. However, the few orders I still placed with them have all been delivered without major problems; two items went missing but the shipped another one after the required time had passed.

Unfortunately(?) I have recently begun to order more from Amazon, as they are considerably cheaper in the Blu-ray sector.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 12:02:05 PM »
I just checked my bank account this morning... and oddly they haven't taken out the money the first time yet!
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 08:57:14 PM »
I've had this a couple of times with UK suppliers and normally, they charge you once and that's it. If they resend the package they don't charge again. Just like if you return an item as faulty.

In fact I've often thought it open to abuse. For instance, over a week ago I placed an order with Play and got a shipping notification. Then a friend asked me to order him something on Sunday. That arrived today with no sign of the first one. I called them and she said if it doesn't arrive tomorrow, they'll resend. Yet their terms say wait 21 days. :shrug:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 09:07:19 PM »
Thanks Jon... I will be watching my account for the next few days just to be sure.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 03:27:46 PM »
Update...

I only got the one package... and they only took the money out once... so all seems to be fine. Apparently the email they sent me was sent out late... and it automatically generates a due date going by the date the email is sent.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 06:34:47 PM »
Thanks for wrapping this up. Glad to hear it all went well. :thumbup:

Najemikon

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 08:59:22 PM »
Thanks for wrapping this up. Glad to hear it all went well. :thumbup:

No, "well" would be one charge, two deliveries! :devil: ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 09:05:10 PM »
 :laugh: Yeah.... but what would I have done with 2 copies of 12 horror movies? Prizes for the scream scene game?  :P
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 09:11:38 PM »
:laugh: Yeah.... but what would I have done with 2 copies of 12 horror movies? Prizes for the scream scene game?  :P

Ebay is your friend.  :laugh:

Once, [SUPPLIER NAME REMOVED FOR LEGAL REASONS] sent me two extra copies of a DVD I ordered. I sold them on [COUGH]Ebay[COUGH] and made back my money twice over. Obviously, I didn't do this on purpose and if anyone asks, they were yours... :-[

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 09:28:51 PM »
I haven't even thought about ebay... not for years! but that is because I started seeing nothing but bootleg dvds come from them. Finally got tired of it and left them... never looking back. Have they ever improved when it comes to bootlegs?
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 09:29:50 PM »
Happened to me with DeepDiscount.

I had ordered a bunch of TV seasons (all 9 X-Files, all 9 SG-1 that were available at the time, and S2-4 of That 70's show). And they were marked as sent in four packages: 1 was X-Files, 1 was SG-1, 1 was S2-3 of 70's show, and the last 1 was S3-4 of 70's show.

When they all got here, turns out they sent S3-4 of 70's show twice. I emailed them, explaining the situation (with pictures as proof), and they promptly said they would send me S2-3 at once, and that I didn't have to send back the extra S3 and S4!

Turned around, sold them on eBay... and.. well, let's just say I didn't pay much for the rest of the order! (19.99 per season, on a BOGO sale, minus the sales price of the extra ones. Do the math, it's an incredible price!) hahaha
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 09:32:37 PM by RossRoy »

RossRoy

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 09:30:45 PM »
Have they ever improved when it comes to bootlegs?

The situation is pretty much the same, but if you're careful, you can find some real gems on there. You just have to apply this simple mantra:

"If it looks too good to be true, it is probably too good to be true".

Najemikon

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 10:11:46 PM »
You know, I've never understood when people say they only see bootlegs on Ebay. I buy from there all the time and I've been caught once, but I sort of knew it would probably be dodgy and took a punt anyway. Another seller sold me a rental version, advertised as new. That's two out of well over a hundred purchases. To me, the few bootlegs that are there (relatively) scream out at me like a bright red alarm! :shrug:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 10:48:26 PM »
Jon this is because you use the British EBay website. From what I've read and learned all my life the European are more trustable and honest than us North American  :laugh: