Author Topic: Deep Discount - problem!?!  (Read 8240 times)

Najemikon

Re: Deep Discount - problem!?!
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 12:09:36 AM »
 :hysterical:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 02:30:14 PM »
Super. After a long time I ordered on DeepDiscount again and I wanted a delivery to the same address I have always used: Poststr. 1.

Order cancel from DD: We don't deliver to P.O. Boxes outside the US.

I told them that it's just the name of the street and even gave 'em a link to Google Maps.

Answer from DD: Our system still says it's a P.O. Box.

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 02:35:45 PM »
 Oh boy... those people are really brilliant.   ::) Just when I thought they were improving again. I guess they are locally... as some people has sent me gifts from there since my initial problem and everything went quickly and smoothly each time.
Pete

Touti

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2009, 09:15:22 PM »
After their complete failure with DD Canada which they closed after a year I have been anything and everything but impressed with DD.   Especially when they set their new shipping charges which, for canadians, means DD is no longer cheaper than everyone else.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 11:55:50 PM »
After they had cancelled twice, I simply opened a new order because I wanted to ship to a friend of mine. But I clicked too fast and once again ordered to my own address.

Today I got the mail that they have shipped to this very address.

:shrug:
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 12:01:15 AM »
They don't know what they are doing over there... I guess it is a case of who gets the order? I dunno.  :shrug:
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 06:18:08 PM »
Deep Discount screwed me over one time a couple years ago...they took an order I made and sent it to another customer.  They refused to rectify it and charged me for an order I never received.  Since then, I have refused to have anything to do with them.  They're morons and I won't deal with them.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 06:52:21 PM »
That sounds terrible, Roger. Somehow it feels like it's something they should have been able to trace, just been too lazy to do.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2009, 07:08:04 PM »
Just did business with them one time using the BOGOF sale to get the 3 seasons of Millenium. I've found them slow and the fact that they had refused to accomodated me for the value declaration (because I don't like to pay 5$ + the taxes for something I don't buy in my country) put them on my no bussiness list. Sorry but every American dealers that I've bought from as always accepted to change the value of a package to avoid the greedy canadian border taxes officials. No help on this means a big F*** You in my book...

Very poor costumer services to not refund a lost order ::)

Najemikon

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2009, 07:11:58 PM »
I've used them a couple of times without issue. It was their brilliant BOGOF offer than got me the Bava and Dargento sets for a steal.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2009, 07:52:58 PM »
I got to the point that I only use them during a big sale.... whether it is a BOGO sale or their bi-annual sales. But other then that I been pretty much sticking with Amazon.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 03:39:11 AM »
It was their brilliant BOGOF offer than got me the Bava and Dargento sets for a steal.
Too bad you didn't get the two Mario Bava's set, since you seem to like what you have seen of his works (without mentionning that the movies included in the Argento set aren't really his best works). Not for teasing you, but his best movies are on the second one :P

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2009, 06:33:56 AM »
Very poor costumer services to not refund a lost order ::)

I remember they changed system at some point in the near past? Because they used to resend me stuff quite regularly if the things got lost in the mail...

I got to the point that I only use them during a big sale.... whether it is a BOGO sale or their bi-annual sales. But other then that I been pretty much sticking with Amazon.
I have been doing the same. Especially since Amazon's Blu-ray prices beat DeepDiscount any day of the week (except during the big sales...).

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2009, 08:39:11 PM »
Amazon has been beating most of their DVD prices here lately too.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2009, 10:29:55 PM »
It was their brilliant BOGOF offer than got me the Bava and Dargento sets for a steal.
Too bad you didn't get the two Mario Bava's set, since you seem to like what you have seen of his works (without mentionning that the movies included in the Argento set aren't really his best works). Not for teasing you, but his best movies are on the second one :P

:redcard:

:tease:

I'll look out for the next one...  :-[