Author Topic: Dans ma Peau (In My Skin)  (Read 1618 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Dans ma Peau (In My Skin)
« on: August 18, 2007, 04:46:13 PM »
Has anyone seen Dans ma Peau?

The overview:
Marina de Van's (Co-writer of 'Under the Sand' and '8 Women') impressive debut feature is a haunting and riveting exploration of a young woman's disturbing fascination with her own body.

After suffering some deep gashes to her leg from an accidental fall, Esther (Marina de Van), a young research analyst  becomes preoccupied with her body and skin, especially her wounds. At first, she merely caresses her arms, pinches her excess skin, or traces the cuts on her legs, but it isn't long before she is carving wounds directly and aggressively into her own body. Her boyfriend (Laurent Lucas) becomes understandably concerned and angry, but his inability to understand forces Esther into reclusion to explore her new found passion. Increasingly unhinged--to situations of perverse dark humor--Esther seems determined to continue her compulsion until the removal from her own body is complete. 

Najemikon

Re: Dans ma Peau (In My Skin)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 07:16:13 PM »
That sounds lovely. Typical Disney family stuff. Any nice musical numbers?  :laugh:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 07:48:18 PM »
That sounds lovely. Typical Disney family stuff. Any nice musical numbers?  :laugh:
:laugh:

I've been catching up on some of my new movies and this was one of them. It's not often that a film, while thought provoking, made me uncomfortable; this one did. It made me wonder if anyone else had seen it and what they thought about it.

Sanuye

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 11:48:15 PM »
I didn't and think I'll never watch it  :weirdo:

SailorRipley

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 06:41:09 AM »
I've heard a lot about this movie and has been on my wish list for ages now. Reading about it again has increased my interest in it. Thanks, Kathy! :)