Author Topic: Some DVD Pet Peeves  (Read 4904 times)

SailorRipley

Re: Some DVD Pet Peeves
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 10:16:13 PM »
"...and if it weren't for you meddling kids and your dumb dog, I'd have gotten away with it..."  >:(

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 10:33:35 PM »
Scoooooooby-Doooooooooby-Doooooooo!
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Sanuye

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 10:44:15 PM »
I don't need subtitles to understand the plot: I know often is predictable and my english skills are enough for that. I need subtitles to learn new words, common expressions and so on.  ;D

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2007, 10:54:07 PM »
I don't need subtitles to understand the plot: I know often is predictable and my english skills are enough for that. I need subtitles to learn new words, common expressions and so on.  ;D

Can't you exchange it for one with subtitles?

Sanuye

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 11:04:16 PM »
Naaaa  ;D I'll watch it for fun only

RossRoy

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2007, 07:10:03 AM »
Just found one that annoys me:

Why put anamorphic menus, on a full frame TV show/Movie release? And vice-versa, why put full frame menus on an anamorphic widescreen movie?

Is it so hard to make the menus match the aspect ratio of the content?  :voodoo:

m.cellophane

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 08:12:51 PM »
All good things so far. Many of my "favorite" peeves have been listed.

Overly animated menus irritate me. When I click an option on the menu, I just want to see the menu. I don't want to see everything WHOOSH and TWIRL and FLOAT away slowly. I want the next menu!  :voodoo: Animated menus are ok until I click something. At that point, I want to go. I don't want to watch menu stuff.

I recently purchased Missing (1981) and it has no options of any kind! It just plays when you insert it. If you stop it, you get a "menu" that has a start button on it. No scene selection. Nothing.  Pretty lame for a film that had quite a few Oscar noms back in its day. ::) I have one of those "Only $1" releases that has no menu. For that, I expect trash. But for a major studio release?  ???