Poll

Should we allow clues or user questions for the trivia section of the game?

Yes, otherwise it might get too hard. (Please elaborate)
7 (100%)
No, leave it like it is. Otherwise the killer won't have a chance of winning and he/she is playing too.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Horror Mansion Survival Game Questions  (Read 11966 times)

SailorRipley

Horror Mansion Survival Game Questions
« on: August 04, 2007, 07:40:11 PM »
Ok, I thought about making up this thread in case everybody has some questions or ideas for the Horror Mansion Survival game.

Currently, Rick asks if he can make questions for the trivia or have clues. I think it would be fair, although the clues would have to be done in such a way that they don't give the answer away. For now, I have allowed it.

What do you guys think?

Najemikon

Re: Horror Mansion Survival Game Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 07:52:05 PM »
Essentially, I think yes. BUT, who would give the clues? I would not allow assistance from the killer and only from people in the same room.

lyonsden5

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 08:02:38 PM »
I would say one question would be in order.

Or a generic clue (like the one you gave me)

Not sure about both though.

RossRoy

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 08:21:46 PM »
There's so many movies out there and so many subject to choose from, and it's really hard to know who will have seen what, so yeah, give the victim to 1, maybe 2 additional clues, if needed.

Maybe asking for clues could restrict their movement freedom, and remove points if they survive or something.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 08:44:43 PM »
I must vote for this because I would have been dead if the killer had chosen me. I knew the scene, have watched the movie more than once, and STILL couldn't have answered!  :bag: I hate those “senior moments”!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 08:59:16 PM »
Well, some of you seem to have a question already, while I haven't (expecting to have one coming in shortly... depending...).

I'll leave my vote until I see the level of question that Sailor comes up with.

EDIT:
Expected to be the question via PM, but now saw it's in the other thread... I think one hint should be allowed. After that, the person under attack is.... all alone.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 09:04:44 PM by ya_shin »

SailorRipley

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 09:07:44 PM »
Essentially, I think yes. BUT, who would give the clues? I would not allow assistance from the killer and only from people in the same room.

I think the best bet is to leave the clues to the host.

I would say one question would be in order. Or a generic clue (like the one you gave me)

Not sure about both though.

There's so many movies out there and so many subject to choose from, and it's really hard to know who will have seen what, so yeah, give the victim to 1, maybe 2 additional clues, if needed.

Maybe asking for clues could restrict their movement freedom, and remove points if they survive or something.

Yeah, both may be too much. I think a generic clue is the best choice, with no punishment. However, if you need a second clue, you will be frozen in your current room for 1 game turn, thus becoming a potential target. What do you think of this?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 09:18:12 PM »
Yeah, both may be too much. I think a generic clue is the best choice, with no punishment. However, if you need a second clue, you will be frozen in your current room for 1 game turn, thus becoming a potential target. What do you think of this?
That works for me.

RossRoy

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2007, 09:36:11 PM »

Sounds good.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 11:28:38 PM »
Unanimous?!?

This is definitely not the other web site!  :laugh:

Touti

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 11:58:11 PM »
Just came back from the trail and I haven't read the other thread yet.  I too was under the impression that all trivia questions were gonna be asked in PM in which case it would have been up to Sailor to give clues.  I'm a bit confused here.

SailorRipley

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 01:15:44 AM »
Just came back from the trail and I haven't read the other thread yet.  I too was under the impression that all trivia questions were gonna be asked in PM in which case it would have been up to Sailor to give clues.  I'm a bit confused here.

Oh absolutely, all questions are asked via PM. The only reason I posted the question at the 'official' thread is so everybody could know what was going and comment on it. The clue thing came up because I wanted you all to have a saying in if it should be a fair thing or not.

lyonsden5

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 07:53:42 PM »
hypothetically . . .  :whistle:

If someone doesn't answer the question can one of the others answer it? Perhaps get some anti-zombie spray (single use canister of course) for a correct answer and paralizing you (loose a turn) for a wrong answer? (losing a turn would most likely mean you are next in line for an attack as the killer can move to where you are  :fingerchew:

Just a thought  :shutup:

RossRoy

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 07:56:34 PM »
hypothetically . . .  :whistle:

Feeling queazy about the question? Mwahahahaha!  :devil: :devil:

lyonsden5

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 07:58:31 PM »
Oooo - new avatar