Poll

Should we allow clues or user questions for the trivia section of the game?

Yes, otherwise it might get too hard. (Please elaborate)
7 (100%)
No, leave it like it is. Otherwise the killer won't have a chance of winning and he/she is playing too.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Horror Mansion Survival Game Questions  (Read 11966 times)

RossRoy

Re: Horror Mansion Survival Game Questions
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 08:03:39 PM »
I had a thought about those Zombies. Wouldn't it be "better" to have the players still playing? For exemple, supposed Jon can't answer this, as it stands now, The Killer (me) would gain a Zombie to move around as I please. Instead, why not have Jon move himself around as a Zombie, while still being somewhat coordinated with me? So he moves, the Killer gets to know where he's located, the Killer moves, then the other players move. If the Zombie blocks someone, he has to stay there until I move there to make my move, or until I tell him to move on.

The nice part about that is that we'd have somewhat mindless zombies (the Killer wouldn't have full control). Thoughts?

Also has the advantage of not entirely kicking a player out of the game until it reboots..

lyonsden5

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 08:05:39 PM »
as originally replied to in the other thread  :-[

I had a thought about those Zombies. Wouldn't it be "better" to have the players still playing? For exemple, supposed Jon can't answer this, as it stands now, The Killer (me) would gain a Zombie to move around as I please. Instead, why not have Jon move himself around as a Zombie, while still being somewhat coordinated with me? So he moves, the Killer gets to know where he's located, the Killer moves, then the other players move. If the Zombie blocks someone, he has to stay there until I move there to make my move, or until I tell him to move on.

The nice part about that is that we'd have somewhat mindless zombies (the Killer wouldn't have full control). Thoughts?

Also has the advantage of not entirely kicking a player out of the game until it reboots..

I like this idea a lot  :clap:

Going to really get tough for the remaining few near the end of the game.  :voodoo:

RossRoy

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 08:09:28 PM »
as originally replied to in the other thread  :-[

Sorry about that, just thought it belonged here instead of the main game thread.

SailorRipley

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 08:24:41 PM »
hypothetically . . .  :whistle:

If someone doesn't answer the question can one of the others answer it? Perhaps get some anti-zombie spray (single use canister of course) for a correct answer and paralizing you (loose a turn) for a wrong answer? (losing a turn would most likely mean you are next in line for an attack as the killer can move to where you are  :fingerchew:

Just a thought  :shutup:

Hmm... This might work only if others are in the same room as you. Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense for others to answer the question since they really don't need to. They are safe in their own room and can keep advancing. So I guess it would become a stumbling block for the killer, since he is able to win by killing you all.

Oh, you mean you woldn't have full control of the zombies? Sure, it could work, although keep in mind that as such, Jon would have no real motivation to do so since he can't win anymore. If the zombie wanders to any room he wants to, you would lose the benefit of strategy. I was trying to shortcut on this with you deciding where to place him/her without further playing from the dead player, but if the zombie in question wants to play it like that, why not?

What do you all think of this one?

RossRoy

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 08:28:45 PM »
Oh, you mean you woldn't have full control of the zombies? Sure, it could work, although keep in mind that as such, Jon would have no real motivation to do so since he can't win anymore. If the zombie wanders to any room he wants to, you would lose the benefit of strategy. I was trying to shortcut on this with you deciding where to place him/her without further playing from the dead player, but if the zombie in question wants to play it like that, why not?

What do you all think of this one?

Maybe there could be some sort of revert spray, as an incentive for the Zombies to "play fair". Bear with me, I have no idea how that could work, but it could be something like Zombie blocks player, Killer moves in for the kill. If Zombie answers question BEFORE player, then player gets Zombified, and Zombie ressucitates in the Main Hall or something like that.

Touti

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 09:21:01 PM »
 :stars:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2007, 10:32:24 PM »

SailorRipley

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2007, 11:10:37 PM »
I don't meant at all to put your suggestion down, Sebastien... But maybe that can get to be little complicated.

Anyway, I'll go with what the majority want.  :)

RossRoy

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2007, 11:56:00 PM »
I don't meant at all to put your suggestion down, Sebastien... But maybe that can get to be little complicated.

Anyway, I'll go with what the majority want.  :)

No problem. I was just trying to find a way to keep people in the game. But if I have full control of the Zombies, more power to me! Mwahahahaha!  :devil: :devil:

In this game anyway!

lyonsden5

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2007, 11:39:33 PM »
Alright. Time to tweak this a bit.

We have had 2 rounds now with no attacks. IMO this is not the fault of the killer and this is why. In a typical horror mansion type movie the killer know where everyone is. Usually has access to the secret tunnels nobody knows about and watches everyone through the eyeball in the face on the picture hanging on the wall (to use the cliché). Here he wanders aimlessly into a room hoping to find someone in there.

May I suggest that our Killer gets to know what rooms have people in them before he picks his next move?    Wait a minute..... By process of elimination he could figure out who they were I guess.  :badidea:

Hmmmm..

Refined idea:

Perhaps it could be more random. The Game moderator tells the killer "I have people moving into 5 rooms. Give me a number between 1 and 5 and I'll put you in a room where someone is. Don't tell him the room so he can't figure out who is there, but give him the chance to get somebody each and every round.

Please feel free to trash or add whatever input you have. You won't hurt my feelings at all.  :bag: We should do something to create the excitement of having an attack each and every round though.  :2cents:

RossRoy

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2007, 01:41:39 AM »
Alright. Time to tweak this a bit.
[rest of post edited for length]

I like this idea!  :thumbup:

Of course, being the Killer in this round might make me a bit biased  :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2007, 03:14:51 PM »
Refined idea:

Perhaps it could be more random. The Game moderator tells the killer "I have people moving into 5 rooms. Give me a number between 1 and 5 and I'll put you in a room where someone is. Don't tell him the room so he can't figure out who is there, but give him the chance to get somebody each and every round.
I like this. Keeps up the action and gives Samara some real chances to do what she does best.

SailorRipley

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2007, 03:47:35 PM »
Thanks, Rick! Yeah, probably this could work.  :goodpost:

We'll begin with this method starting from next turn.

lyonsden5

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2007, 03:47:01 AM »
OK, I guess it's not too hard on the victims. If anything it is very hard on the slayer(s).

If we play again we need to figure out how to make it a bit harder.

Perhaps a question from both the Killer and the host?

Maybe some kind of 20 questions thing (with a lot less than 20 questions). Say 5 questions to guess what actor I am thinking of... or what movie etc.

throw some other ideas out (if you're so inclined) so we can tweak this a bit.

It is a lot of work but it is a lot of fun too. I think it could be streamlined a bit to keep it going faster yet be easier on the host at the same time.

How bout 2 killers next time. ( I know that was the idea with the zombies but it isn't working out too well  :laugh: )

Ideas? Thoughts?

Najemikon

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2007, 12:27:50 PM »
We have to be careful not to make it too hard though, like in the tradition of Reeves and Mortimer:

Q: "Name a dog."

A: "Alsation"

"No, sorry, it was 'Rover'..."  :tease: