3 (42.9%)
Joan of Arcadia
1 (14.3%)
Tru Calling
1 (14.3%)
Twilight Zone (2002 Version)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Marathon Time...  (Read 4075 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Marathon Time...
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 10:44:11 PM »
To give you an idea what I mean... here is a quick mock up of what I have...

Where you see the straight line is where the disc is completely cracked through. so it is not from the center whole... it is from the outside.. going in through the data.surface. and the disc is chipped away at where the crack started from the outside rim.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2008, 10:55:00 PM »
Out of pure curiosity I popped it into my computer... but as expected it would not load at all.
Pete

Halo2

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2008, 11:36:49 PM »
I applaud your restraint in going into your room and counting to ten (times ten, times ten….) before speaking to your daughter. I think it speaks highly of your parenting skills. I am sure she feels just as bad about it as you do. You are right that it probably avoided words that you would regret and could never fully take back. Hats off to ya!

:clap:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2008, 11:49:46 PM »
I agree Pete. You have a wonderful daughter and the guilt she feels will be the worse punishment of all.

Besides...it's ONLY a DVD! :o

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 12:01:28 AM »
Well.... thank you both. I appreciate the kind words.

Actually even though I am still disappointed I can't watch it now... and have to replace it. I'm not really that mad anymore... that was just a fleeting first reaction.  Which in situations like this I always try to keep to myself.

I wonder what the chances of getting a replacement disc from the studio, but considering I have had it for almost 3 years now (3 years in January) I am sure they will just tell me I have to go out and buy a replacement set. Hopefully it isn't OOP!
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 12:26:00 AM »
It might be worth trying the old toothpaste trick. If it's a clean crack (ooer missus!) :hysterical: rub toothpaste onto it, leave to dry, polish off the excess and try playing it. You never know and there's nothing to lose.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2008, 12:31:24 AM »
I can give it a try... but it is not really a clean crack the disc is chipped as well.
Pete

Touti

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 02:52:16 AM »
I haven't tried it... but didn't think there would be much sense in it since it is not only severely scratched... the disc itself is actually cracked.. as in broken partially into the data area.

It's still work trying it pete.  It's possible only the plastic is cracked and the layer of metal holding the data is not damaged.  As Jimmy said, if your computer can read it make a copy asap.