3 (42.9%)
Joan of Arcadia
1 (14.3%)
Tru Calling
1 (14.3%)
Twilight Zone (2002 Version)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Marathon Time...  (Read 4061 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Marathon Time...
« on: August 27, 2008, 01:52:51 AM »
I feel like doing a marathon... but don't want it to be one to take too long. So I want something fairly short-lived.  So I am thinking something that lasted 2 seasons or less. So of those listed what should my next marathon be?

The Bionic Woman - Lasted 8 Episodes
Join one of TV's most stunning breakout heroines as the action-packed series 'Bionic Woman' leaps into DVD! From executive producer David Eick ('Battlestar Galactica') comes this gripping re-imagining of the universally beloved character.

Jamie Sommers is a hard-working woman struggling to take care of her younger sister. But after a serious, life-threatening accident, Jamie is saved by a top-secret procedure that makes her much more than just an ordinary woman...it makes her superhumanly bionic. Starring hot newcomer 'Michelle Ryan', as well as 'Miguel Ferrer' ('Crossing Jordan'), 'Molly Price' ('Third Watch'), 'Will Yun Lee' ('Witchblade'), 'Lucy Kate Hale' ('How I Met Your Mother'), and guest stars 'Isaiah Washington' ('Grey's Anatomy') and 'Katee Sackhoff' ('Battlestar Galactica'), it's a non-stop thrill ride unlike anything you've seen before!

The Comeback - Lasted 13 Episodes
For fallen star Valerie Cherish - former B-list sitcom actress desperate to revive her career - no proce is too high to pay for clinging to the television spotlight. Valerie agrees to be the subject of an intrusive reality television show, with cameras following her every move as she lands the part of "Aunt Sassy" in a tedious new sitcom, 'Room and Bored'.

Lisa Kudrow stars in this uncomfortably funny and insightfully biting comedy series from writer Michael Patrick King ('Sex and the City').
In the spirit of reality television, there seems to be no end to the humiliating circumstances Valerie Cherish will endure, all in the name of fame.

Commander in Chief - Lasted 18 Episodes
While breaking new ground as the first female leader of the free world, "Mac" faces tremendous challengers, both personal and political, unknown to any previous Commander In Chief. Her family adjusts to their new life as the "first family," and Mac has an ongoing conflict with foes led by the Speaker of the House (Donald Sutherland). Amidst constant struggles and fiery political battles, Mac perseveres with integrity and poise.

The Flash - Lasted 22 Episodes
Who-o-o-osh! The origins and exploits of the crimefighting DC Comics superhero come your way at lightning speed in this 22-episode live-action series. John Wesley Shipp portrays Barry Allen, a police crime technologist endowed with sudden talents after a fluke lab accident. He pledges to use his new powers for good, powers that include ultra-speed reflexes and the ability to vibrate his molecules so rapidly he can pass through solid walls. Amanda Pays is medical researcher Tina McGee, who monitors Allen's accelerated metabolism and guards his secret identity. The Trickster, Captain Cold, the Ghost, mad inventors: Central City is rife with criminals. Now there's a hero to keep pace with them. He's called The Flash. And in our era of instant communications, he's more in step with the times than ever.

Joan of Arcadia - Lasted 2 Full Seasons
‘Joan of Arcadia’, the Emmy®-nominated, People’s Choice Award-winning series, stars Amber Tamblyn as Joan Girardi. An average 16-year-old, Joan is going through the growing pains typical of any teenager. But after she and her family (Joe Mantegna, Mary Steenburgen, Jason Ritter, Michael Welch) relocate to Arcadia, her life gets especially interesting when God starts paying her visits.

Tru Calling - 26 Episodes
What if you had the power to change the future, by reliving the past? For Tru Davies, that's the question she faces after her internship to medical school falls through and she takes a job working the graveyard shift at the city morgue. Left alone her first night on the job, she's shocked when a dead woman opens her eyes and asks for help. Tru them awakens to find herself reliving the same day all over again, except now she possesses the power to change the fate of the people wheeled into the morgue the night before -- if she can find them before tragedy strikes.

Twilight Zone (2002) - 43 Episodes
Enter a world that will confound, surprise and excite your imagination... Enter the new Twilight Zone. Hosted by award-winning actor Forest Whitaker, this six disc, 43-episode set is your exclusive window into the fantastic stories and amazing performances, updated and inspired by the original classic television series created by Rod Serling. In this thoroughly modern and unforgettable collection, some of Hollywood's most inspired performers tackle some of life's most profound questions. Never predictable... always amazing... The Twilight Zone.

NOTE: I personally do not consider any of these horror... if you do... just don't vote for that/those title(s).
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: Marathon Time...
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 01:56:47 AM »
Too hard to choose from.
I would suggest either "The Comeback", "The Flash" or "Twilight Zone". Did you see any of these three in the past?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 02:01:16 AM »
Yup... seen them all before.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 01:19:18 PM »
I was hoping to see the tie broken by now. I will let the poll go on through the weekend... hopefully by then we will have someone else vote.  :P
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 01:30:31 PM »
I was hoping to see the tie broken by now. I will let the poll go on through the weekend... hopefully by then we will have someone else vote.  :P
To break the tie I voted now for "The Flash" because it was one of my three choices  :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 01:41:03 PM »
Thanks Tom...
Unless things change between now and then I will start that on Monday. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 03:01:36 PM »
LOL... and we are back to a tie!  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 04:59:02 PM »
Damn I tried to fix it so someone can change their vote if they want too... like I have it in the other poll.... and wouldn't you know it... it erased all the votes!  :bag:
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 07:24:24 PM »
I broke the tie! :yahoo: I voted for The Flash because I've never seen it! :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 07:26:27 PM »
Thanks Kathy! :) Hopefully when Monday (or whatever Day I am done with my Batman Marathon) gets here it won't be back into a tie! LOL  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 04:07:13 PM »
I went ahead and closed this poll as I am watching the final Batman movie I have now... and then I can start on my next marathon. Looks like it will be more Superheroes... I will be doing a marathon review of The Flash!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 09:45:04 PM »
I AM SO PISSED!!!!

I went to start my Flash marathon... and what do I find? My disc 1 of the set has been seriously damaged! There is no way to get it to work again... it has been seriously scratched and cracked! I let my daughter borrow the set to watch with her grandmother... and now some how the first disc is destroyed!!!  I had to come into my room and count to 10 before I said something to her that I would regret later.

Anyway... unfortunately until I can get a replacement copy (or somehow get disc 1 replaced) I can not do this marathon. Looks like I will have to default to the one with the next highest votes... which is the 2007 version of Bionic Woman.

My apologies to those that were looking forward to my review on The Flash.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 10:08:06 PM »
Have you tried it on your computer, I have some badly dammage dvd that I've save in the past because the dvd reader of a computer is less capricious than a stand alone dvd reader. If he read it make a dvd-r fast, it cost nothing to try...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 10:17:30 PM »
I haven't tried it... but didn't think there would be much sense in it since it is not only severely scratched... the disc itself is actually cracked.. as in broken partially into the data area.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 10:31:48 PM »
It depends of how severe is the crack. Because of a badly made dvd case one of my dvd was cracked in the inside ring area, not that it's a great movie (Wicked Sex Party) but  :whistle:. Not one of my dvd reader can read it (never start), but my computer doesn't seem to care. So if the damage are the same it is not a lost cause, but I think I can understand your feeling that's why only 2 persons can borrow my dvd...