Author Topic: Snappers  (Read 2347 times)

Touti

Snappers
« on: June 10, 2007, 02:22:27 AM »
Believe it or not, after 6 years of collecting DVD's I finally found one good thing Snappers.

When you buy them "previewed" from Video Clubs or "Buy and Sell" distributors, their glossy finish makes it easy to remove the stupid stickers from "La régie du cinéma du Québec"  ;D

RossRoy

Re: Snappers
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 04:03:20 AM »
easy to remove the stupid stickers from "La régie du cinéma du Québec"  ;D

Those damned stickers!  >:(

What I hate most about these stickers is that most of the time, they are totally useless as they just repeat the Canadian rating, which is already printed on the cover anyway!

And with the number of different glue type, you'd think they could use one where you can remove the sticker without damaging the case, but no!

Ok, I'll admit, most of the time they are on the plastic wrapper, which isn't a problem. But when they decide to put them straight on the slip case  >:(

Thank the maker for citrus based cleaner. Usually does a decent job of remove the glue residue, but you've got to be really careful, as I've ruined a few cases with it.

Speaking of which, anybody has a good tip for removing glue residue?

Oh, and I still hate snappers  ;D

Touti

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 04:30:29 AM »
Use peanut butter for the glue, nothing beats it ;)

RossRoy

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 04:41:39 AM »
Use peanut butter for the glue, nothing beats it ;)

Say what?? :o

Peanut butter on my DVD cases? Guess that's where I should apply what my mom always told me : "never trust what you hear or read on the internet!" ... she did tell me through email though  ;D

But seriously... does it really work?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 07:36:24 PM »
I must admit... it is the first time I ever heard of using Peanut Butter!  :P
Pete

Touti

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 10:42:41 PM »
Yes, it works.  The oil in peanut butter dilutes the glue.  It's also good to remove glue left by packing tape on furnitures or appliances after moving. 

I haven't tried it yet myself but I asked the question at intervocative a while back and a few people confirmed that it works.

RossRoy

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 12:13:11 AM »
I'd still feel uneasy spreading peanut butter on my DVD cases.. even if only for the smell!

Touti

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 12:31:11 AM »
This week I had to get rid of stickers from a snapper.  Holding it a 20-30 seconds over steam did the trick, since it's a glossy finish it didn't damage it.  The peanut butter trick would be more appropriate for removing glue from plastic on keep cases.

rp_63

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 04:17:56 AM »
Peanut butter works for removing the "sticky" left when you take labels off of something, it helps get gum out of your kids hair also (yeah my mom had to use that trick a few times when i was a kid  ;D ). Works great for just about any kind of label, on the cardboard from the snapper cases you have to be very careful, if you rub to hard it may remove the printing.

Rob