Author Topic: Planned to order on Tuesday...  (Read 1173 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Planned to order on Tuesday...
« on: June 30, 2007, 09:46:59 PM »
Hey all... I make a monthly order for the biggest part of DVD Collecting. I do it this way mainly because I get paid once a month! :p Anyway each month I plan my order a few days ahead of time... and usually it don't change unless something goes out of stock all the sudden. Anyway... On Tuesday I plan on making my July Order. Here is what I am thinking...

Masters of Horror: The Screwfly Solution
The gender wars take on a whole new dimension in this MASTERS OF HORROR episode from director Joe Dante (GREMLINS, THE HOWLING). A few ugly murders turn out to be the beginning of a worldwide epidemic. A virus has turned everyone with a Y chromosome into a murderer, and a woman and her daughter attempt to escape the madness. But where can they go to be free from men? Costarring Jason Priestley and Elliott Gould, THE SCREWFLY SOLUTION is based on a short story from legendary sci-fi scribe James Tiptree Jr., born Alice B. Sheldon.

If I am not mistaken... this takes me up to date on the Masters of Horror Episodes. I have really been enjoying this series... and looking forward to collecting them all!

Whose Line is it Anyway?: Season 1 vol. 1
After the British version of WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? brought improvisational comedy to the masses, the American version of the show borrowed the same formula and achieved the same results. The show hurls many difficult and amusing challenges--including songs, games, and other spontaneous activities--at its constantly rotating line-up of guest performers, all of whom have to be at the top of their game to keep up with the pace of the show. This first season of WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? includes regular contestants such as Ryan Stiles, Drew Carey, and Colin Mochrie.

For some reason this show used to really crack me up! I been wanting to pick this set up for quite a while.. and when I saw the other day that vol. 2 was announced I had to finally order this one!

Beyond Reality: Season 1
Beyond Reality chronicles the unique lives of two adventuresome university professors who delve into the mysterious world of the paranormal.

Shari Belafonte stars as Laura Wingate, a parapsychologist who has traveled the world studying different cultures, religions and strange occurances. As the open-minded, witty and outspoken head of a private university's Parapsychology Department, Laura devotes her time to teaching but is constantly distracted investigating paranormal events.

Carl Marotte plays J.J. Stillman, a clinical psychologist who has been trained in the traditional sciences. He is inquisitive, responsible and often overly analytical.

Together, Laura and J.J. apply their combined expertise, curiosity and compassion to investigate the fascinating, extraordinary, but completely plausible world of the paranormal.

This is a series that I vaguely remember. I do remember I used to watch it every day on the Sci-Fi channel for a long time... but that is about all I remember about it!

The Very Best of One Step Beyond
Produced during the same time-frame as the more recognized Twilight Zone, this series capitalized on the country's burgeoning interest in paranormal mysteries in a unique fashion. This weekly series presented the viewer with tales of the paranormal based upon "real" stories of the supernatural, such as ghosts, monsters, mysterious disappearances and documented events. Each story was supposed to be a dramatization that was both entertaining and thought provoking, making the audience wonder if the event depicted was as real as it was portrayed. The program went on to a successful syndication run that intrigued viewers for years.

This one is a complete blind buy for me! But as much as I have been loving the Twilight Zone set I got... I had to give this similar classic series a try. Especially since the set of 50 episodes only cost me $8.22!

ER: The Complete 3rd Season
The highly popular NBC hospital drama series ER returns for a third season, which is presented here in its entirety. George Clooney was still on board at this point, and features prominently alongside a stellar cast that includes Julianna Margulies, Laura Innes (becoming a regular fixture for the first time), Anthony Edwards, and Eriq La Salle among others. Set in the Emergency Room at Chicago's County General Hospital, ER is a gritty, pulse-racing glimpse of how brisk action can save lives, while one mistake can prove fatal. This season won three Emmy's, and was nominated for several others. Noted actor William H. Macy was one of the nominee's, and he featured as a regular guest actor throughout season three. The combination of absorbing storylines, fascinating characters, wonderful performances, and lifelike incidents in the Emergency Room has attracted millions of fans to ER, who will doubtless by delighted by this further chance to view the lives of Dr. Ross, Dr. Greene, and Nurse Hathaway once again.

This is a series I like every now and again. It is another series I am far behind on collecting!

Highway to Heaven: Season 1
Following the travails of handyman Jonathan Smith (Michael Landon), HIGHWAY TO HEAVEN originally aired on NBC, and saw Landon reunite with his LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE co-star Victor French. Smith is an angel sent to earth so that he can buddy up with cop Mark Gordon (played by French) and help cure some of societies ills. The duo enjoy a rambunctious relationship with each other, but always come good in the end, making sure that the work of "the Boss" (ie. God) is carried out. This release captures all 24 episodes from the first season.

This is a series I haven't even thought of in many years! I do remember I used to really enjoy this series though... so I am looking forward to checking it out again.

Home Improvement: Season 1
HOME IMPROVEMENT profiles Tim Taylor (Tim Allen), an average father raising three kids with his aspiring psychologist wife, Jill (Patricia Richardson). When not engaged in domestic squabbles, Tim hosts a home improvement show called "Tool Time." Through "Tool Time," HOME IMPROVEMENT pokes fun of the seemingly perfect, male problem solvers featured in TV home improvement programs.Tim is not the quintessential fix-it man and he is all thumbs when completing projects around the house. Former stand-up comic Tim Allen mastered this fallible and yet lovable husband and father in this popular sitcom. In this season, Pamela Anderson stars as Lisa, the attractive female sidekick on "Tool Time."

This is a series that I always found to be hilarious!  For some reason I wanted on collecting this show... and I am now far behind! but then again... as many TV Shows as I love...  there is no way to afford them all as they come out! :p)

The Secrets of Isis: The Complete Series[/i]
When science teacher Andrea Thomas (JoAnna Cameron) discovers an amulet on an archaeological dig, she discovers something else: that the amulet can grant her the powers once wielded by the mighty Egyptian Goddess, Isis. Soaring as the falcon soars, running with the speed of gazelles, the transformed Andrea fights crime and rights wrongs in addition to imparting the wisdom of the ages. Her closest friends, fellow teacher Rick Mason (Brian Cutler) and students Cindy Lee (Joanna Pang) and Renee Carrol (Ronalda Douglas) are unaware of her secret identity and mystical powers… the only one who knows the truth is her pet crow, Tut!

This is a series from my childhood... that I am getting for no other reason the nostalgia... well that and the fact that my daughter, Brittany now really wants to see it! This one is a pre-order... one that will not come out till the last week of July.

Night of the Demons
A Halloween night funeral parlor break-in by a group of prankster teens goes hellishly awry when they stir an evil force into action.

A group of adventurous teens decide to throw a Halloween party in a spooky funeral parlor, formerly the house of a mass murderer, and now said to be possessed by a demon. The kids, led by Angela and Suzanne, two strange babes with a taste for the macabre, hold a seance in which they succeed in calling up the resident demon. The monstrous spirit takes possession of the two girls and suddenly the Halloween party becomes a living hell as the terrified teens, pursued by the murderous, demonic duo, desperately try get out of the house alive.

This is one that I don't know much of anything about... other then I have a couple friends that has recommended it to me. Basically I had just a few dollars left on the amount of money I budgeted for my DVDs this month... and figured I would give it a chance. As much as I love horror... I am not to concerned on this one.

As you can see... I am big on collecting TV Series... it is what I mostly buy now... I usually wait for movies to go down under $10 before I buy them. Any thoughts on any of the above?
Pete