Author Topic: Suggestions/Requests  (Read 14424 times)

Touti

Suggestions/Requests
« on: May 12, 2007, 07:07:07 PM »
Post your suggestions and requests for the site.  Since we're pretty much starting from scratch we can easily re-arrange everything if we have to without loosing much.

Already suggested:
DVD Authoring Section: Approved and (almost at time of writing) done.
DVD Review Section: Approved, will be implemented as soon as we come up with a structure

Halo2

Re: Suggestions/Requests
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 06:02:28 PM »
Touti,

I like the overall look of the forum as you have designed it. I don't have any additional suggestions/requests, but if I see or think of anything, I'll let you know.

Right now traffic seems low. But, I suspect everyone is busy on the Invelos site catching up. Thanks for all your hard work on this site.

Touti

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 06:40:38 PM »
Thanks Halo2

I'm fairly satisfied with the design, the only thing that bothers me is the lack of content on the first page.  I'd like to have more news, more information, not things that only change once a week.  I'll have to look into it when I have (find) the time.

Touti

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 08:46:36 PM »
I created this new section and splitted the original Topic.  I think in the long run it's gonna make things easier.

lyonsden5

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 09:42:56 PM »
Looks good

xyrano

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 07:34:39 AM »
Please increase the number of recent posts (on the home page) from 5 to something higher. 15?

snowcat

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 06:32:21 PM »
Just an idea, as more of a promotional tool... how about a facebook group?

Najemikon

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 09:21:34 PM »
Hmmm, I'd be interested to see what others think, but I'm hovering on "Not Bothered", with a lean towards "No"...  ;) What would we put in it?

snowcat

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 09:35:53 PM »
a link to the site ;)

like I said, more promotional then anything..  :P

RossRoy

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 09:46:47 PM »
I'd have to be in the «No» camp for a Facebook group... simply because I don't have a Facebook! :laugh:

But if it could potentially help bring more people here, go for it!

Touti

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 11:50:17 PM »
I think that simply creating a facebook group wouldn't do much for the site unless somebody regularly adds stuff to the group.  I do believe however that facebook can be used to help promote the site.

There's a mod available for the forum that allows it to link with social networks.  It supports 4 networks, including facebook, and each can be enabled/disabled by the forum's administrator so Karsten could limit it to facebook if he wants too.

The mods adds a "Share this on ...." link at the top of each topic so anyone can click on it and add that topic to their facebook page.  I think this would be better in promoting the forum because when a link appears on a facebook page it will be seen by all this person's friends.

This of course is IF Karsten wants to see DVDCOL on facebook and all the extra traffic that it could bring.

Edit: Link to the mod in case you want to install it Karsten.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2111
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 11:53:30 PM by Eric »

snowcat

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 11:54:58 PM »

The mods adds a "Share this on ...." link at the top of each topic so anyone can click on it and add that topic to their facebook page.  I think this would be better in promoting the forum because when a link appears on a facebook page it will be seen by all this person's friends.

I did not realise there was anything like that, and your right, it probably would be a better idea.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 01:31:39 AM »
The mods adds a "Share this on ...." link at the top of each topic so anyone can click on it and add that topic to their facebook page.
With the consent of the original poster I hope, because I ain't interested to see my review appear anywhere else than here...

Touti

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 01:39:42 AM »
No Jimmy, there's nothing in the mod that allows the topic starter to disable it.  I guess the creator of the mod didn't think someone would post on a public forum but not want his posts to be seen outside of it.

Edit: I have to admit I didn't think of that when I suggested this though...........I understand you're point Jimmy and I think other people could have a probleme with that on other forums as well. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 01:43:04 AM by Eric »

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 02:44:25 AM »
The mods adds a "Share this on ...." link at the top of each topic so anyone can click on it and add that topic to their facebook page.
With the consent of the original poster I hope, because I ain't interested to see my review appear anywhere else than here...

I wouldn't want that either.
Matthias