Author Topic: It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...  (Read 6836 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2018, 08:37:53 PM »

A Dogwalker's Christmas Tale (2015)
Luce Lockhart loves Christmas, but she finds herself in a predicament when she maxes out her credit card. Desperately wanting a ruby necklace, Luce has no choice but to accept a dog walking job for the Brandts. Reluctantly agreeing to walk Hank, Luce finds a nearby dog park where she meets some of the dog owners, including exasperating dog walker Dean Silver. Soon after, she learns that the Brandts have plans to create a spa on the dog park land. When Dean finds out about these plans, he and Luce are at odds on Dean’s agenda to stop the development. But as Luce spends more time with Hank and Dean, she starts to see the park in a different light. Stuck in a bad spot of having to choose between the Brandts or Dean, Luce will have to decide if she’ll be able to save the dog park by Christmas.

My Thoughts:
TAnother one I found on Netflix. This one I found entertaining but there is so many simiar out there that was done so much better. I can definitely see myself watching it again but not one I would have in my yearly must sees. While I liked most the characters... some did get on my nerves a bit. Luckily most of them only had small parts.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2018, 10:28:56 PM »

Marvel Super Hero Adventures: Frost Fight! (2015)
The holiday season gets extra chilly as Loki and the frost giant Ymir plot to conquer the world. Marvel heroes Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor and others must stop the villains from stealing Santa’s power – if anyone can actually find the mysterious Mr. Claus. Fortunately, Rocket Raccoon and Groot are also hot on Santa’s trail. Heroes, villains, elves and cosmic bounty hunters collide in an epic quest that leaves the fate of the holiday and the world in the balance.

My Thoughts:
This is one i found on Netflix. On one hand I liked all the characters tjhey used for this animated short or episode of a series... not sure which it is.  I especially liked seeing Captain Marvel. It is the first thing I have seen her in. Giving me a look into what kind of character she is. Now I am looking even more forward to the movie coming out. But on the other hand I really didn't care much for the story line. It just didn't feel good enough. Though I do realize I am not the target demographic and that is most likely the reason there. I just expect more from Marvel with all the films.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2018, 10:37:02 PM »
     Miracle on 34th Street (1947/United States)

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:George Seaton
Writing:George Seaton (Screenwriter), Valentine Davies (Story By)
Length:96 min.
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Mono, French: Dolby Digital: Mono, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Maureen O'Hara as Doris Walker
John Payne (1912) as Fred Gailey
Edmund Gwenn as Kris Kringle
Gene Lockhart as Judge Harper
Natalie Wood (1938) as Susan

Plot:
Miracle on 34th Street is an irresistible fable that has, for many years, become synonymous with celebrating Christmas. And now this three-time Oscar®-Winning* role is as resplendent as the holiday itself in an all-new Blu-ray version that's sure to delight fans old and new!

The holiday season is in full swing when a cultured gentleman with twinkling eyes, an ample belly, and a snowy beard (Edmund Gwenn) is hired as Macy's department store Santa. He claims his name is Kris Kringle, and soon fills everyone with Christmas spirit....except for his boss, Doris Walker (Maureen O'Hara), who's raising her daughter (Natalie Wood) to not believe in Santa. But when Kringle is declared insane, and put on trail, everyone's faith is put to the test as young and old alike face the age-old question. Do you believe in Santa Claus?

*1947: Supporting Actor (Edmund Gwenn), Original Story, Screenplay

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery

My Thoughts:

Several years ago a good friend of mine gave me this movie. At the time I never seen it before. Now I make sure to see it every year around this time... and I am enjoying it more with every viewing. This is a true holiday classic! This is one of the very few movies that I don't see a way that it could be any better. If you never seen this classic '40s Christmas movie... You should be sure to watch it as soon as possible... I don't believe you will be sorry. I highly recommend it!

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2018, 04:54:23 PM »
     The Santa Clause (1994/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Buena Vista Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:John Pasquin
Writing:Leo Benvenuti (Writer), Steve Rudnick (Writer)
Length:97 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Russian: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Thai: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai

Stars:
Tim Allen as Scott Calvin
Judge Reinhold as Neal
Wendy Crewson as Laura
Eric Lloyd as Charlie
David Krumholtz as Bernard

Plot:
Experience the true magic of the holidays with Disney's original hit comedy, The Santa Clause, now available on Blu-ray for the first time in a new digital restoration with enhanced picture and sound. Superstar Tim Allen sparkles in a hilarious family movie for all ages.

On Christmas Eve, divorced father Scott Calvin (Allen) and his son Charlie discover the current Mr. Claus has fallen off their roof. When Scott dons Santa's suit, he unwittingly triggers "The Santa Clause," and they are immediately whisked away to the North Pole to take on the role of jolly old St. Nick. Relive all the joy of this holiday classic in a whole new way in Disney High Definition!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • The Night Before Christmas Animated Short, Recipes

My Thoughts:

Keeping the tradition alive... I always watch the movie when I first start to wrap Christmas presents. This has always been one of my favorites. I have watched it every year since it came out. It just does not feel like the Christmas season until I watch this film. In my opinion... everyone should watch this one at least once. I think it is a fun film for everyone in the family. Highly recommended!

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2018, 04:56:56 PM »
     Santa Clause 2: 10th Anniversary (2002/United States)
Buena Vista Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Michael Lembeck
Writing:Leo Benvenuti (Story By), Steve Rudnick (Story By), Don Rhymer (Screenwriter), Cinco Paul (Screenwriter), Ken Daurio (Screenwriter), Ed Decter (Screenwriter), John J. Strauss (Screenwriter), Leo Benvenuti (Original Characters By), Steve Rudnick (Original Characters By)
Length:104 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Russian: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Thai: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:Chinese, English, French, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Commentary

Stars:
Tim Allen as Scott Calvin/Santa/Toy Santa
Elizabeth Mitchell as Carol
David Krumholtz as Bernard
Eric Lloyd as Charlie Calvin
Judge Reinhold as Neil Miller

Plot:
Celebrate the 10th Anniversary of a magical holiday adventure – available for the first time on Blu-ray, featuring a new digital restoration with enhanced picture and sound. Tim Allen is back in Santa Clause 2, the hilarious sequel to the original Christmas favorite.

Scott Calvin (Allen) has been Santa Claus for the past eight years and all seems merry... until his son Charlie lands on the "naughty list." Things gets even more complicated when Scott discovers that he has to marry by Christmas Eve or he'll stop being Santa forever. Your whole family will want to unwrap the heartwarming holiday fun of Santa Clause 2 on Blu-ray High Definition!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:

I really can't watch the first one with out watching part 2. This is a fun sequel. I enjoyed it quite a bit... though it isn't as good as the first part. I liked the whole story line of making him get a wife and all. I just didn't care much for the idea of having a toy Santa taking over the North Pole. But over all well worth the time put in to watch it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2018, 05:02:38 PM »
     Holiday Switch (2007/United States)

(United States)
Director:Bert Kish
Writing:Gayl DeCoursey (Writer)
Length:88 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:

Stars:
Nicole Eggert as Paula
Patricia Mayen-Salazar as Martina
Brett Anthony as Gary
Brett Le Bourveau as Nick
Stefanie von Pfetten as Sheila

Plot:
It's a week before Christmas, and Paula (Nicole Eggert) is struggling with bills, life with her blue-collar husband Gary and her two daughters. So when Nick, her high school boyfriend, returns to town a wealthy art gallery owner, Paula begins to wonder where she would be if she stayed with him, and not Gary. When Paula makes a holiday wish to see what life would have been like had she made another choice, she is magically transported through her washer/dryer to a parallel life where she is Nick's wife. At first, this other life seems the answer to her dreams, as she shops and dines out with her new found wealth. But she soon realizes that the grass is NOT always greener on the other side. Her relationship with Nicks is in shambles, and she misses her real husband Gary and her two girls. When she sees Gary and her kids living a happy life with another woman, she wishes for just one more Christmas gift - to have back the life she didn't appreciate.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:

This is one I never seen before Gen bringing it home to me from work the other day. A decent enough flick... but no more then average. The characters really wasn't that likable and the story line needed work. I mean come on... a magical dryer causes her to live the life she would have had if she stayed with an old boyfriend. Definitely not one to be put in my yearly line-up.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2018, 07:49:21 PM »
     Santa Baby (2006/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |
Lion's Gate Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Ron Underwood
Writing:Garrett Frawley (Writer), Brian Turner (Writer)
Length:90 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Subtitles:Spanish

Stars:
Lyle Edge as Street Santa
Jenny McCarthy as Mary Class
Kandyse McClure as Donna Campbell
Tobias Mehler as Grant Foley
Michael Moriarty as T J Hamilton

Plot:
Jenny McCarthy and George Wendt star in this heartwarming comedy about Santa Claus' daughter. When Santa Claus (George Wendt) gets too sick to run the toy shop, his workaholic daughter Mary (Jenny McCarthy) leaves behind her high-powered job in the city and heads north. Will Mary's new ideas and her relentless drive for efficiency save Christmas, or will Christmas need to save her first?

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Gallery
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:

Ok... what did I think of this one? Jenny McCarthy... in some scenes I liked her... but yet in others it felt like she could have done better. I was surprised that I liked George Wendt as Santa. Don't get me wrong... I always liked George Wendt... he is always fun to watch... but for some reason he doesn't pop to my mind when I think of Santa. The movie was enough to keep my interest... even fun in parts. But I don't think it will become one of my favorites. I did however enjoy it enough to want to get a hold of the sequel. And yes... I can see myself watching it again. More or less an average film.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2018, 10:01:03 PM »
     Santa Baby 2: Christmas Maybe (2005/)
(United States)
Writing:Garrett Frawley (Writer), Brian Turner (Writer), Garrett Frawley (Original Characters By), Brian Turner (Original Characters By)
Length:84 min.
Subtitles:

Stars:
Jenny McCarthy as Mary Claus
Miguelito Macario Andaluz as Sandy
Dean McDermott as Luke Jessup
Lorette Clow as Stuck Up Woman
Holly Anne Emmerson as Young Woman

Plot:
Santa's tired of his responsibilities and is readhy to pass on the reins to his daughter Mary (Jenny McCarthy), who is torn between the family business and her own firm in New York City, and balaning the love of her life. The situation gets dire when a disgruntled former elf tries to take over Christmas.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers

My Thoughts:

While still enjoyable... this one wasn't as good as the first one. I was sorry to see they replaced George Wendt as Santa.But from what I could tell the rest of the cast from the first one had returned. It is fun enough that I can see myself watching it each year... but won't be one of my favorites.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2018, 11:30:48 PM »
     Holiday in Handcuffs (2007/United States)
Gaiam (United States)
Writing:Sara Endsley (Writer)
Length:90 min.
Subtitles:

Stars:
Melissa Joan Hart as Trudie Chandler
Mario Lopez as David Martin
Tim Bottoms as Dad Chandler
Markie Post as Mom Chandler
June Lockhart as Grandma

Plot:
A ne'er-do-well thirty-something (Melissa Joan Hart) attempts to appease her family by kidnapping an attractive boyfriend (Mario Lopez) for the holidays. Despite unlikely oddsand dysfunctional family moments, the two fall in love and share a magical Christmas.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Interviews

My Thoughts:

This is one I wanted to check out as I am familiar with both the main stars. I found it to be a fun, entertaining film. One I found to be worth the time put in to watch it. It is an unusual idea... but I like the way it works. Recommended.

Rating:
Pete