Author Topic: What'ya got 2015?  (Read 51913 times)

Mustrum_Ridcully

Re: What'ya got 2015?
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2015, 11:35:40 PM »
Arrivals of the week:

Fraktus

Out of the Furnace

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2015, 06:06:03 AM »
Ben-Hur (1959)

Jan 23rd - €7.99 @ Amazon.de

Collection no. 1221

Shane (1953)

Jan 23rd - €9.99 @ Amazon.de

Collection no. 1222

Spartacus (1960)

Jan 23rd - €7.99 @ Amazon.de

Collection no. 1223
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2015, 08:44:57 AM »
You may say that... after all I don't have "The Sorority" any more.... showed it to someone recently and they actually asked if they could keep it since I didn't like it!  :o
:o
Was that person in the film... it's the only reason to like it I can think of :laugh:

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2015, 01:51:19 PM »
You may say that... after all I don't have "The Sorority" any more.... showed it to someone recently and they actually asked if they could keep it since I didn't like it!  :o
Was that person in the film... it's the only reason to like it I can think of :laugh:

Possibly the person needs it to scare off long-term guests ...

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2015, 02:21:23 PM »

Possibly the person needs it to scare off long-term guests ...
Nah, Will isn't in the film.  He wants to show it to someone.  He also said it isn't the worst film he's seen.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2015, 06:42:06 PM »
Picked up yesterday...

The Punisher
| Year: 2004 | 123 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

The Punisher walks through the world we all know, a world darkened by war, crime, cruelty and injustice. He has no superpowers to battle the evil he sees – only his fierce intelligence, his years of combat experience and, above all, his iron determination to avenge those wronged by society's villains.

Standing Up
| Year: 2013 | 93 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

What are two kids to do at a summer camp where they just don't fit in? Howie and Grace had never met before, but when bullies at Camp Tall Pine pull a prank on them, they befriend each other and decide to run away. The misfit pre-teens pair up and head for adventure in the woods of a small island. Their trip isn't easy, but they vow to never give up when they're challenged by continuing adversity. As their bond grows stronger, they realize that the world isn't so bad, when it can be faced with a friend.

Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam
| Year: 2010 | 63 Min.| IMDb

Chosen by the wizard Shazam! to be the world's protector, young Billy Batson becomes the World's Mightiest Mortal. Battling alongside Superman against the nefarious Black Adam, Billy quickly discovers the challenge that all Super Heroes ultimately face – is he fighting for justice? – in this brand-new extra-length short. Four more favorite DC Comics Super Heroes – Jonah Hex, Green Arrow, Black Canary and The Spectre – face challenges of their own in this All-New Collection.

Joyful Noise
| Year: 2012 | 118 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Oscar® nominees Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton star in this funny and inspirational story of music, hope an love. Their small Georgia town has fallen on hard times and is counting on the church choir to lift everyone's spirits by winning the national Joyful Noise Competition. But discord between the two leading ladies threatens to tear everything apart when Vi Rose (Latifah) plans to stick with a traditional style, while fiery G.G. (Parton) wants to shake things up in a big way!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2015, 06:45:04 PM »
And yes... I know Joyful Noise is a musical... pick up your jaws. :P  While it does look like there is a lot of music in it... going by the trailer it also looked like there was a lot of comedy in it so I wanted to give it a try. After all... I got it used for only $4.Worse comes to worse and I don't like it I can always trade it in. Or maybe Danae Cassandra would like it.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2015, 11:14:38 PM »
The 10th Kingdom: The Complete Series (2000)

Jan 24th - €14.99 @ Media Markt

Collection no. 12925 - 12927

The Expendables 3 (2014)

Jan 24th - €12.90 @ Media Markt

Collection no. 1224
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2015, 09:50:36 AM »
Not an addition but a removal.

Over the past years I've collected quite a few duplicates. Mainly due to upgrade to Blu-ray, but also accidental double dips and sometimes I just wanted to have a certain box set or whatnot.

Currently my best friend is visiting for a few days and he doesn't have much money and he also has three kids. So decided that he could take what he wanted out of my double dips stack.

He's going home with about 45 movies and I have the space again. :)

Which also means that upon my next update, my collection number will have dropped by quite a bit. ;)

This post was brought to you by Find Double Dips ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:53:40 AM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2015, 12:53:17 PM »
Got together with my ex-roommate the other day, and we finally got to exchange Yule gifts.  I got this:

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2015, 04:58:16 PM »

Mammon: Norwegian Tv-Show (Blu-Ray) 2014

WWE Triple H: Thy Kingdom Come: 2 Disc Set (Blu-Ray) 2013

Sleepless in Seattle: The Limited Edition Series (Blu-Ray) 1993
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2015, 09:47:53 PM »
I am so weak... while out and about today I picked up...

Sunshine Cleaning
| Year: 2008 | 91 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Academy Award® Nominee Amy Adams, Golden Globe® Winner Emily Blunt, and Academy Award® Winner Alan Arkin find an unexpected way to turn their lives around in this "colorful, refreshingly quirky comic drama" (Leah Rozen, People).

Desperate to get her son into a better school, single mom Rose (Amy Adams) persuades her slacker sister Norah (Emily Blunt) to join her in the crime scene cleanup business to make some quick cash. With the help of their ill-fated salesman father (Alan Arkin), they climb the ranks in a very dirty job, finding themselves up to their elbows in murders, suicides, and...specialized situations. But underneath the dust and grime they also come to discover a true respect for one another, and create a brighter future for the entire Lorkowski family.

Phone Booth
| Year: 2002 | 81 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

A single phone call can change a man's life...or possibly end it. Colin Farrell delivers a captivating, off-the-hook performance as a self-centered New York City publicist forced to match wits with a psychotic sniper in this groundbreaking suspense thriller directed by Joel Schumacher.

This is 40
| Year: 2012 | 137 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

From the director of Knocked Up and The 40-Year-Old Virgin comes an unfiltered, comedic look inside the life of an American family. After years of marriage, Pete (Paul Rudd) and Debbie (Leslie Mann) are approaching a milestone meltdown. As they try to balance romance, careers, parents and children in their own hilarious ways, they must also figure out how to enjoy the rest of their lives. Featuring Melissa McCarthy, Jason Segel, Megan Fox, John Lithgow and Albert Brooks, This is 40 is a candid and heartwarming comedy about the challenges and rewards of marriage and parenthood in the modern age.

Tower Heist
| Year: 2011 | 105 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

BEN STILLER and EDDIE MURPHY lead an all-star cast in this hilarious comedy caper about a luxury condo manager (Stiller) who leads a staff of workers to seek payback on the Wall Street swindler (Alan Alda) who defrauded them. With only days until the billionaire gets away with the perfect crime, the unlikely crew of amateur thieves enlists the help of petty crook Slide (Murphy) to steal the $20 million they're sure is hidden in the penthouse. From the director of the Rush Hour series, "Tower Heist is so fun, it's criminal!" (ASSOCIATED PRESS)

Subspecies
| Year: 1991 | 83 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

As ancient Transylvania struggles into modern times, old myths and superstitions blur with reality. Two American students, Michelle and Lillian, join their Romanian friend Mara in the Carpathian Mountains to study the legends of vampires.

While the three innocents explore the mysterious village culture and rituals, a suppressed evil rises again and casts its shadow upon the land. Unknowingly snared in a centuries-old family feud, the girls fall into the clutches of Radu: a diabolical vampire prince whose madness and bloodlust know no bounds.

To claim his birthright – the ancient Bloodstone – Radu kills his father and hunts his noble half brother Stefan. Dangerous passions erupt into violence as the vampire brothers each become obsessed with Michelle and begin to battle for her immortal soul.

Stefan's forbidden love for Michelle endangers her friends, as the jealous Radu plots to make them his undead consorts.

With Stefan's help, the girls fight for their lives against Radu and his minions – the Subspecies — an army of hellish creatures born of his own flesh. Will they survive to see the sunrise or will Radu curse them to eternal night?
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2015, 11:35:59 PM »

Mammon: Norwegian Tv-Show (Blu-Ray) 2014

Loved it when it aired on German TV (except for the somewhat dissatisfying end which came too abrupt and left a lot to be desired)

I'm currently reading myself through Nesbø's "Harry Hole" novels, which build up a similar dark atmosphere and leave even less hope for a happy ending.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 11:39:09 PM by Silence_of_Lambs »

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2015, 12:54:43 PM »
Well, Mammon Season 2 are in the works in Norway as we speak. Will be a great season. I've started to watch Mammon yesterday. Amazing IMHO.
And for Harry Hole, great books! Really love them. And now some of the books will become movies. Oh, "Headhunter" is  great book by Jo Nesbø. (Same auther) Its a movie aswell. Check it out!
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2015, 11:51:19 AM »

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-Ray) 2014

Rio 2: Deluxe Edition (Blu-Ray) 2014
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas