Author Topic: Hunger Games: Catching Fire  (Read 2260 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Hunger Games: Catching Fire
« on: March 24, 2014, 10:58:10 PM »
     The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013/United States)
Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
Lions Gate Home Entertainment
Director:Francis Lawrence
Writing:Simon Beaufoy (Screenwriter), Michael DeBruyn (Screenwriter), Suzanne Collins (Original Material By)
Length:146 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Intense Sequences of Violence and Action, Some Frightening Images, Thematic Elements, A Suggestive Situation and Language
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen
Liam Hemsworth as Gale Hawthorne
Jack Quaid as Marvel
Taylor St. Clair as Ripper
Sandra Lafferty as Greasy Sae
Woody Harrelson as Haymitch Abernathy

Plot:
Academy Award® winner* Jennifer Lawrence returns as Katniss Everdeen in this thrilling second adventure from The Hunger Games saga. Against all odds, Katniss and fellow tribute, Peeta, have returned home after surviving the Hunger Games. Winning means leave loved ones behind and embark on a Victory Tour through the districts. Along the way, Katniss senses a rebellion simmering – one that she and Peeta may have sparked. At the end of the Victory Tour, President Snow announces a deadly 75th Hunger Games that could change Panem forever.

*2012 Actress in a Leading Role, Silver Lining Playbook.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Digital Copy
  • Divergent Sneak Peak

My Thoughts:

We just finished this film. I enjoyed it quite a bit... unfortunately Brittany wasn't as impressed with it as I was. Before watching this film everyone I talked to that seen it already said it was even better then the first. While I enjoyed it quite a bit... I don't think I would go that far. I would say it is as good as the first... but not better. It is definitely worth the time put in to watch it. I would say if you liked thef first film... then this one is a must see.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Hunger Games: Catching Fire
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 12:34:03 AM »
I wasn't that thrilled by the first one, so I think I will give this one a pass, at least until it drops significantly in price.

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Hunger Games: Catching Fire
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 03:49:52 AM »
addicted2dvd ... you are right.  This was definitely a 4.0 for me.  I think it is better more well formed than the first but I liked the first one very much too.  They have followed the flavor of the books quite well and i am looking forward to the 2part finale. 
Thank you
David