Author Topic: Piffi's Small Horror Marathon 2013  (Read 3383 times)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Piffi's Small Horror Marathon 2013
« on: October 02, 2013, 12:12:19 AM »
So i will try to join this year aswell. Even tho i dont think i will be able to watch as many horror movies i would like. Alot of stuff coming up. But hopefully i'll be able to get 10 movies under the belt.
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Piffi's Small Horror Marathon 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 12:17:19 AM »
I was beginning to wonder when your thread would appear... but I guess the day begin in Norway :shrug:

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 05:24:33 PM »
Hehe, i'm here :) But i wont be able to beat my number from last year. :\ but i will try to watch as much as i can. A review will come up in a bit.
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 05:42:16 PM »

Title: Quarantine
Year: 2008
Director: John Erick Dowdle
Rating: Rated R : Bloody Violent and Disturbing Content, Terror and Language
Length: 89 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: Engelsk: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Fransk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spansk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portugisisk: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Engelsk, Fransk, Portugisisk, Spansk

Stars:
Jennifer Carpenter
Steve Harris (1965)
Jay Hernandez
Johnathon Schaech
Columbus Short
Andrew Fiscella

Plot:
When a news team decides to tail a brave firefighting team, they never suspect that the first call for help they responded to that night may be their last. Now they’re trapped in an apartment complex sealed off by the government. With no way of escape, they find themselves surrounded by frightened residents who are infected with a deadly mutant virus. What happens next is only known because of the footage they left behind.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Dokumentar
BD-Live

My Review:
So, i got my start too. I wanted to check this out beacuse of the lead actress in this. And it got some good reviews. The movie is a typical horrorflick. Reminded me very much of the spanish version "REC" but the story is ok, the acting is actually allright from the lead. And its an ok movie,. A movie you should check out for a cheap penny. If you like her, or the genre.

My Rating:
4/6
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 06:05:07 AM »
Reminded me very much of the spanish version "REC" [...]
Well, it is a remake... ;)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 10:49:54 PM »
Yeah, i didnt know that before i watched it  :-[ and i have to say. Even tho this was a allright movie. I enjoyed the originals best. :)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 06:18:28 AM »
Yeah, i didnt know that before i watched it  :-[ and i have to say. Even tho this was a allright movie. I enjoyed the originals best. :)
The first two were awesome and refreshing, although the second one was quite similar to the first. I am not sure what to think of the third one; I give them kudos for doing something new, but the story didn't keep me captivated the whole time.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 12:05:59 PM »
I really liked Quarantine myself... but never seen the original myself.
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 11:55:28 PM »
You should Pete, you would really like it :) havent got to watch anything yet. Expect the one there. Hopefully i got some time after work tomorrow to check out one or two movies.
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 03:46:02 PM »

Title: The Descent: Part 2
Year: 2009
Director: Jon Harris (1967)
Rating: Rated 18 : Strong Gory Violence and Horror
Length: 94 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: Engelsk: PCM: 5.1, Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Engelsk

Stars:
Michael J. Reynolds [Michael J Reynolds]
Shauna Macdonald (1981)
Jessika Williams
Douglas Hodge
Joshua Dallas
Anna Skellern

Plot:
Sarah (Shauna Macdonald), emerges dazed, bloodied and half-wild with fear from a cave system in the Appalachian mountains. The local Sheriff is sceptical of her account of events and, convinced that her psychosis hides far darker secrets, forces her back into the caves to search for her five missing friends, unaware that a new breed of crawlers awaits them. More evolved and viciously feral than Sarah has ever faced.

THE DESCENT: Part 2 is the long awaited sequel to one of the most intense, unpredictable and thrilling horror films of the decade.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Gallery
Storyboard Comparisons

My Review:
So i havent been able to watch any movies lately. Because of too much work going on. And the next two weeks i will work the graveyard shift. So then i wont be able to watch much either. Going to be a slow month! And after that i'm leaving for a week on vacation! Anyways back to the movie i just watched. I remember most of the first movie, even tho it was a long time since i've seen that. But i enjoyd the first one. And the follow up movie started of "where they ended" in the first one. The story is very similar to the first movie. But they was able to put some cool twists here and there in it. And it had it moments. For a horror movie it did ok, but for the follow up, i've seen better and seen worse. I will give them this, the ending was interesting. Will there be a third movie? All in all, if you did enjoy the first movie. You would enjoy this one aswell.

My Rating:
4/6
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 11:35:13 PM »

Title: Resident Evil
Year: 2002
Director: Paul W.S. Anderson
Rating: FSK-16
Length: 101 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: Tysk: DTS-HD High Resolution: 5.1, Engelsk: DTS-HD High Resolution: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Ryan McCluskey
Oscar Pearce
Indra Ové
Anna Bolt
Joseph May
Robert Tannion

Plot:
A virus has escaped in a secret facility called "The Hive," turning the staff into hungry zombies and releasing the mutated Lab "Animals" that they were studying. The complex computer shuts down the base to prevent infection. The parent corporation sends in an elite military unit, where they meet Alice, who is suffering from amnesia due to exposure to nerve gas. The military team must shut down the computer and get out, fighting their way past zombies, mutants, and the computer itself, before the virus escapes and infects the rest of the world. Alice must also come to terms with her slowly-returning memories.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Dokumentar
Storyboard Comparisons

My Review:
To be honest with you guys, i dont remember if i've watched this or not. Dont remember anything of it anyway. The movie had this cool mix between horror and great sci-fi. The story was a bit out there. But it was perfect for the movie. It was a great start to the series i think. Alot of cool moments here and there. Stuff happening in every corner, stuff you didnt see coming. And a solid Milla in the lead as Alice. If your in to Milla or horror and Sci-Fi this is a must watch IMHO. I'm looking forward to check out the movie number 2 aswell.

My Rating:
5/6
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2013, 12:08:33 AM »

Title: Resident Evil: Apocalypse: Extended Version
Year: 2004
Director: Alexander Witt
Rating: FSK-18/KJ
Length: 98 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: Tysk: DTS-HD High Resolution: 5.1, Engelsk: DTS-HD High Resolution: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Tysk, Engelsk

Stars:
Milla Jovovich
Sienna Guillory
Oded Fehr
Thomas Kretschmann
Sophie Vavasseur
Razaaq Adoti [Raz Adoti]

Plot:
Alice awakens from a terrible sleep to find her worst fears realized--the bloodthirsty Undead, which she and the now-annihilated squad of elite military fought to destroy, have been unleashed on the city that surrounds the secret facility of the Umbrella Corporation. Discovering she was an Umbrella experiment, Alice has been bio-genetically enhanced with new strengths, senses and dexterity--and she will need them. In the heart of the ravaged Raccoon City, a small group of uninfected people, including Jill Valentine, a recently demoted member of Umbrella Corp's elite Special Tactics and Rescue Services team, and S.T.A.R.S team leader Carlos Oliveira, fight for their lives against swarms of Undead and the deadlier and faster Lickers. Running out of luck and resources, the group is rescued by Alice, and they begin to wage an exhilarating battle to survive and escape before the Umbrella Corporation erases its experiment from the face of the earth. Their only hope lies somewhere within

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar

My Review:
Was watching this a bit earlier today. The movie that was a continuation from the first one was actually not too bad. The story was fun, but they missed a few great opportunites here and there. And some of the spots was waay too out there. Even for the movie. But there was a few real good moments trough out. Alot of 'Zombies' and alot of blood. And Milla is doing a good job so far as Alice! I'm starting to like this. This one aswell is recommanded even tho it wasnt as good as the first one.

My Rating:
4/6
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2013, 05:36:22 PM »

Title: Insidious
Year: 2010
Director: James Wan
Rating: Rated 15 : Strong Horror and Menace
Length: 102 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Patrick Wilson (1973)
Rose Byrne
Ty Simpkins
Lin Shaye
Leigh Whannell
Angus Sampson

Plot:
Josh (Patrick Wilson) and Renai (Rose Byrne) are a happily married couple with three young children who have moved into their idyllic new suburban home. When tragedy strikes their young son, Josh and Renai begin to experience things in the house that are beyond explanation.

Before long, their lifes are turned upside down by demonic forces, hell-bent on terrorising their very existence.

Forced to seek help and protect their family, they learn the terrifying truth - it's not the house that's haunted but something far worse ...

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Dokumentar
BD-Live

My Review:
This one i just got to my collection actually. I had heard good things about it. But the sequal was just on the theaters and i read great things about the follow up and the person behind it so i decided to give the first one a try, and if i liked that i would get the second one when that comes out sometime. And did i like it? The movie is actually great! It starts out as any other horror movie, but then everything changes. They did a great job with the story and the plot for being such a small budget movie. And there was alot of creepy and good scary moments trough out. I truly enjoyed it! And with an ending like that, how can you not want to see the sequal? I know i'm looking forward to check it out when it comes out! This is highly recommanded!

My Rating:
5/6
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 10:25:23 PM »

Title: A Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia
Year: 2013
Director: Tom Elkins
Rating: Rated R : Some Disturbing Horror Content
Length: 101 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Abigail Spencer
Morgana Shaw
Emily Alyn Lind
Chad Michael Murray
Grant James
Katee Sackhoff

Plot:
Building on the terror of The Haunting in Connecticut, this horrifying tale traces a young family's nightmarish descent into a centuries-old Southern hell. When Andy Wyrick (Chad Michael Murray, House of Wax) moves his wife Lisa (Abigail Spencer, TV's "Mad Men") and daughter Heidi to a historic home in Georgia, they quickly discover they are not the house's only inhabitants. Joined by Lisa's free-spirited sister, Joyce (Katee Sackhoff, TV's "Battlestar Galactica"), the family soon comes face-to-face with a bone-chilling mystery born of a deranged desire... a haunting secret rising from underground and threatening to bring down anyone in its path.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Outtakes/Bloopers
Digital Copy

My Review:
A Haunting in Connecticut 2 huh? Give me a break! Had nothing to do with the original movie. And actually enjoyed the first movie a great bit. Great horror flick. And actually based on a true story. Something they say this one is, but i have my doubts. Anyways over to the movie. For a sequal the story was weak. The horror "parts" the scare moments wasnt even there. The movie was too slow and it was annyoing that it wasnt a follow up from the first movie. This was one of those horror movies i really looked forward to check out because of the first one. But was really disappointed about it. If you liked the first one, dont watch this. If you havent seen the original "Haunting In Connecticut" you should watch it! But this one i cant and wont recommand to anyone!
And happy Halloween guys!

My Rating:
1/6
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 10:39:04 PM »
I haven't had the chance to watch my copy yet... not sure I will be much in a hurry to now. :P
Pete