Author Topic: Help me pick...  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Help me pick...
« on: March 13, 2013, 04:14:40 AM »
My mom had a whole knee replacement today.  She is doing great!  But she will be out of the house for about two weeks, so while she's gone I'm going to watch movies she isn't interested in - some of the wonderful, classic, terrible B movies in my collection.  Or should that be a Z?   ;D

So, would anyone like to suggest something?  Here is a link to my full collection over at Invelos.  What I'm looking to watch are films like these:

Beast From Haunted Lake
The Beast That Killed Women
Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death
Creature From the Haunted Sea
Death Curse of Tartu
Empire of the Ants
The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini
Ghost of Dragstrip Hollow
Invasion of the Bee Girls
Invasion of the Star Creatures
The Killer Shrews
Killers From Space
The Monster of Camp Sunshine
Rattlers
Sting of Death

I won't absolutely promise to watch anything, but I will try to do my best.  I definitely want to watch Death Curse of Tartu/Sting of Death double feature (for the jilla-jalla jellyfish) and The Monster of Camp Sunshine/Beast That Killed Women double feature.  Mom wants to watch the Gamera and Godzilla films, so leave those out.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Help me pick...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 05:06:49 AM »

Colour me surprise, I wouldn't have think that you have that in a million year :stars:

It's a fun movie, not great since it's a nudie cutie but there are worst way to pass the time (the second one in black and white is more boring than anything else). Try to watch them with the drive-in mode, it's a good experience.

Also you can't go wrong with Bill Greffé, I have 6 of his films and all of them are enjoyable.

Do you have more movies released by Something Weird Video? I think I can give you some suggestion to help you since I have 126 DVDs released by them...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 05:13:12 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 01:42:24 PM »
What can I say?  The variety in my collection is sometimes surprising!   :laugh:

I have six of Something Weird's releases.  We don't see them very often at the store, but I  grab them when we do unless they look like really gory horror.

I have:
- The Beast That Killed Women / The Monster of Camp Sunshine
- Death Curse of Tartu / Sting of Death
- Extra Weird: A Sampler of the Weirdest DVD Collection on Earth
- Frankenstein's Castle of Freaks
- Monsters Crash the Pajama Party Spook Show
- Rattlers

I watched Frankenstein's Castle of Freaks last October, and it was a pretty dull adaptation with not as much T&A as I was expecting (given that someone over at Invelos rated it Adult).  But it had a nice setting.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 02:36:24 PM »
Can you believe I haven't the last three you have named? Monsters Crash the Pajama Party is one that I almost purchased many times because that sound like a fun experience to watch, but from everything I've read the menu is suppose to be quite a frustrating experience...

Too bad you have no David Friedman or Harry Novak releases, the're a lot of T&A and usually they are fun too.