Author Topic: Tom's TV Finales marathon  (Read 34027 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: Tom's TV Finales marathon
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2013, 09:54:28 PM »
[tom]634991332293f.jpg[/tom]      The Cosby Show: Season Eight (1991/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

(United States)
Length:550 min.
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English:
Subtitles:

Plot:
The Cosby Show appeared on NBC from 1984 to 1992, becoming one of the most popular programs in the history of television. The Cosby Show depicted a close-knit and prosperous African-American family (The Huxtables) that dwelled in New York City. Dr. Heathcliff (OB-GYN) and Clair (attorney) Huxtable were a happily married, dual-profession couple with aspirations of raising their 5 children in an uplifting, positive environment. The Cosby Show held TV's #1 slot for a record 5 consecutive years (1985 to 1990) and stayed in the Top 20 shows for all eight seasons it was on NBC.

Enjoy all of the legendary final season episodes, such as "With This Ring" and "There's No Place Like This Home". The Cosby Show Season 8 contains 24 original, uncut episodes. Relive the love and laughter all over again for the first time!

The Cosby Show
Season 8.24 And So We Commence (Parts 1 & 2) 30.04.1992
Writer: Ed. Weinberger (Created By), Michael Leeson (Created By), William Cosby Jr. (Created By), Janet Leahy (Writer), Gordon Gartrelle (Writer), Courtney Flavin (Writer), Hugh O'Neill (Writer)
Director: Jay Sandrich
Cast: Bill Cosby (Cliff Huxtable), Phylicia Rashad (Clair Huxtable), Sabrina Lebeauf (Sondra Huxtable Tibideaux), Geoffrey Owens (Elvin Tibideaux), Malcolm-Jamal Warner (Theo Huxtable), Tempestt Bledsoe (Vanessa Huxtable), Keshia Knight Pulliam (Rudy Huxtable), Raven-Symoné (Olivia Kendall), Erika Alexander (Pam), Earle Hyman (Russell Huxtable), Clarice Taylor (Anna Huxtable), William Thomas, Jr. (Dabnis Brickey), Ethel Ayler (Carrie Hanks), Joe Williams (Al Hanks), Deon Richmond (Kenny), Allen Payne (Lance Rodman), Karen Malina White (Charmaine Brown), Gary Gray (Nelson Tibideaux), Jessica Ann Vaughn (Winnie Tibideaux), Anthony Thomas (Commencement Announcer)

A very good last episode. A love it that they made a montage of all the different opening credits. I always enjoyed this episode very much since I first saw it. It is one of the best family sitcom finales that I know.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2013, 09:39:17 PM »
[tom]5027182612109.4f.jpg[/tom]      Crime Traveller: The Complete Series (1997/United Kingdom)
IMDb | Wikipedia

(United Kingdom)
Length:392 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
Subtitles:

Plot:
Meet the most unconventional investigative duo of any time - JEFF SLADE and HOLLY TURNER, in the mystery adventure series Crime Traveller.

Sleuths come and go, working on intuition, luck and clues, but Slade and his science officer colleague Holly are armed with something extra in their fight against crime - their very own Time Machine.

Invented and developed over the years by Holly's father, quantum physicist Professor Fredrick Turner, the Time Machine is a bizarre mixture of DIY technology, but it works. Unfortunately the Professor disappeared during one of his time travel experiments, leaving his daughter convinced that he is still out there somewhere, stuck in another dimension.

Holly is now in charge of the Professor's extraordinary legacy, which is kept hidden in her apartment. When Slade, a charming maverick detective, discovers the Time Machine's existence, he convinces Holly to use it in order to solve major crimes. The scene is set for a rollercoaster ride, through the present and the past.

High speed chases and intriguing puzzles are solved with the aid of their unreliable Time Machine, in this stylish, fast-paced drama.

Crime Traveller
Series 1.08 The Broken Crystal
Writer: Anthony Horowitz (Created By), Anthony Horowitz (Writer)
Director: Rick Stroud
Cast: Michael French (Jeff Slade), Chloë Annett (Holly Turner), Sue Johnston (Grisham), Paul Trussell (Morris), Richard Dempsey (Nicky), Christopher Villiers (Marlowe), Angela Pleasance (Mrs Beavis), Godfrey James (Webb), Bob Goody (Danny), Jack Chissick (Frank), Mark Penfold (Chapman), Jeffrey Perry (Accountant), Paul Bentley (Guard), Jennifer Gibson (Secretary)

A good episode. And almost like a normal episode, but at least it has problem of the broken time machine with a hard to replace broken part, which puts further travels into doubt, which make it work a little more as a final episode.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2013, 08:03:45 PM »
[tom]043396016170f.jpg[/tom]      The Critic: The Complete Series (1994/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment (United States)
Length:520 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
Subtitles:

Plot:
From the producers of "The Simpsons" comes this hilarious animated sitcom about Jay, a New York movie critic and cable television host.

Pudgy and balding, Jay is not a well-liked man. His unsympathetic boss makes his life miserable, his ex-wife hates him, his adoptive parents barely tolerate him, and even the makeup lady treats him with disgust.

Fortunately for Jay, he has his 11-year-old son Marty and one very unlikely friend, Jeremy Hawke, the Australian film hunk.

Jon Lovitz provides Jay's distinctive voice as a single father who searches for happiness while satirizing life and the movies in this irreverent comedy.

The Critic
Season 1.23 I Can't Believe It's A Clip Show
Writer: Al Jean (Created By), Mike Reiss (Created By), Tom Brady (Writer), Richard Doctorow (Writer), Al Jean (Writer), Ken Keeler (Writer), Mike Reiss (Writer), Joshua Sternin (Writer), Steve Tompkins (Writer), Jeffrey Ventimilia (Writer), Patric Verrone (Writer), Jon Vitti (Writer)
Director: D.R.L. MacMoortler
Cast: Jon Lovitz (Jay Sherman), Nancy Cartwright (Margo Sherman), Christine Cavanaugh (Marty Sherman), Gerrit Graham (Franklin Sherman), Doris Grau (Doris Grossman), Judith Ivey (Eleanor Sherman), Nick Jameson (Vlada Villamiravitch), Maurice LaMarche (Jeremy Hawke), Charles Napier (Duke Phillips), Park Overall (Alice Tompkins), Kath Soucie, Russi Taylor (Penny Tompkins), Milton Berle, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

A good episode with some fun movie parodies.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2013, 08:23:27 PM »
[tom]5014437129833.4f.jpg[/tom]      Sabrina: The Teenage Witch: Season Seven (2002/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

(United Kingdom)
Length:482 min.
Audio:English:
Subtitles:English

Plot:
Romance is in the air as the Seventh and Final Season of Sabrina, The Teenage Witch™ arrives on DVD for the very first time. Now that Sabrina (Melissa Joan Hart) is no longer a teenage witch, her aunts decide to move back to the Other Realm. Yet, Sabrina still needs to keep her magic powers in check as she and friends Roxie (Soleil Moon Frye) and Morgan (Elisa Donovan) move back into the aunts’ old Victorian house. Meanwhile, Sabrina has landed a job as a writer for the hip music magazine Scorch, where she meets her future fiancé Aaron (Dylan Neal). But with her former crush Harvey (Nate Richer) being egged on by mischievous cat Salem (voiced by Nick Bakay), who knows which guy Sabrina will choose? Included on 3 discs are all 21 Season Seven episodes of Sabrina, The Teenage Witch™, including the extremely romantic – –but hilarious – series finale!

Sabrina: The Teenage Witch
Season 7.21 What a Witch Wants / Soul Mates
Writer: Archie Comics (Original Characters By), Nell Scovell (Created By), Suzanne Gangursky (Writer)
Director: Scott Marshall
Cast: Melissa Joan Hart (Sabrina Spellman), Elisa Donovan (Morgan), Nick Bakay (the voice of Salem), Soleil Moon Frye (Roxie), Caroline Rhea (Aunt Hilda), Faith Prince (Shirley Jacobs), Dylan Neal (Aaron), David Leisure (Purser / Bob Bermuda), Robert Picardo (Bob Jacobs), Patrick Kerr (Doubt), Alley Mills (Diana), Doug Sheehan (Edward), Emily Hart (Amanda), Derek Baynham (Soccer Player #1), Craig Young (Soccer Player #2), Ian Lyons (Waiter), Joe Howard (Minister), Nate Richert (Harvey)

The last few days I did have a Sabrina marathon, watching the last few seasons which were still in my unwatched pile. The last episode was actually cut together from the last two episodes. This is noticable, because the two half do not have a common story. The only episode of the last few seasons I ever saw before was the very last one. Even though I had stopped following Sabrina in the fourth season when it first aired on German television, I was curious about the finale. It is a good conclusion to the series.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2013, 01:06:26 AM »
[tom]097360270945f.jpg[/tom]      Taxi: Season Five (1982/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

CBS DVD, Paramount Home Entertainment (United States)
Length:571 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 1
Subtitles:

Plot:
The groundbreaking, Emmy® Award-winning sitcomTaxi completes its marvelous run with this sparkling 3-disc must-have collection: Taxi: The Final Season. Called one of the 50 greatest shows of all time by TV Guide, the fifth and final season of this critically acclaimed comedy garnered an impressive 3 Emmy® Awards (Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series – Judd Hirsch; Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series – Carol Kane; and Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series - Christopher Lloyd). Fueled by the incomparable ensemble talents of Danny DeVito, Marilu Henner, Tony Danza and Andy Kaufman, the final season of the Sunshine Cab Company's outrageous escapades set new standards of excellence that may never be matched for fun, laughter, tears, joy and sheer pedal-to-the-metal hilarity.

Taxi
Season 5.24 Simka's Monthlies
Writer: James L. Brooks (Created By), Stan Daniels (Created By), David Davis (Created By), Ed. Weinberger (Created By), Holly Holmberg Brooks (Writer)
Director: Harvey Miller
Cast: Judd Hirsch (Alex Reiger), Danny DeVito (Louie De Palma), Marilu Henner (Elaine O'Connor-Nardo), Tony Danza (Tony Banta), Christopher Lloyd (Jim Ignatowski), Carol Kane (Simka Dahblitz-Gravas), Andy Kaufman (Latka Gravas), Howard Witt (The Immigration Officer)

I have finished now watching the last season of Taxi. There were some fun episodes. The last episode is rather average. And it is not any conclusion for the series. But at least there was some nice character centered episodes before it.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2013, 10:50:23 AM »
[tom]5027182612710.4f.jpg[/tom]      Caroline in the City: Season Four (1998/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Revelation Films (United Kingdom)
Length:466 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
Subtitles:

Plot:
Cartoonist Caroline Duffy has her professional life just the way she wants it. The comic strip she lovingly created, "Caroline In The City", has turned into merchandising gold with an array of greeting cards, books and colourful calendars... and now, finally, her personal life has taken a turn for the better.

In the final series Caroline and her manic depressive assistant Richard are finally together, but will the course of true love ever run smooth or will fate once more conspire against them, along with a vengeful father-in-law and Caroline's over active imagination.

Meanwhile, after the unexpected demise of Eagle Greeting Cards, Del is organising focus groups to determine why sales are down, and Annie is planning drastic measures to prevent losing any more roles to more "well-endowed" women. And as for Charlie... Well, that's another story.

Caroline in the City
Season 4.22 Caroline and the Big Move (Part 2)
Writer: Fred Barron (Created By), Marco Pennette (Created By), Dottie Dartland (Created By), Marco Pennette (Writer), Michael Sardo (Writer)
Director: Ted Wass
Cast: Lea Thompson (Caroline Duffy), Eric Lutes (Del Cassidy), Malcolm Gets (Richard Karinsky), Amy Pietz (Annie Spadaro), Andy Lauer (Charlie), Anthony Tyler Quinn (Randy), Candice Azzara (Angie), Earl Holliman (Fred Duffy), Edie McClurg (Margaret Duffy), Lisa Passero (Signora Fabiana), Bob Shauger (Man), Robert Bock (Minister)

This is the first time that I saw the last season of Caroline in the City. I enjoyed the series finale, but sadly it ended on a cliffhanger.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2013, 08:04:32 PM »
[tom]5030697022042.4f.jpg[/tom]      Journeyman: The Complete Series (2007/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

(United Kingdom)
Length:522 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78, Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround
Subtitles:

Journeyman
Season 1.13 Perfidia

I really enjoyed this short series, and I also liked its finale. Even though it was cancelled and they didn't get a chance to do a proper series finale, I feel that this episode brings good closure.
(click to show/hide)

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2013, 04:19:48 PM »
[tom]8717344748735.9f.jpg[/tom]      Being Erica: Season Four (2011/Canada)
IMDb | Wikipedia

BBC Worldwide, Just Bridge Entertainment (Netherlands)
Length:495 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles:Dutch

Being Erica
Season 4.11 Dr. Erica 12.12.2011
Writer: Jana Sinyor (Created By), Aaron Martin (Writer), Jana Sinyor (Writer), Jana Sinyor (Original Material By), David Fortier (Original Material By), Ivan Schneeberg (Original Material By)
Director: Chris Grismer
Cast: Erin Karpluk (Erica Strange), Adam Fergus (Adam Fitzpatrick), Reagan Pasternak (Julianne Giacomelli), Kathleen Laskey (Barb Strange), Joanna Douglas (Samantha MacIntosh), Michael P. Northey (Ivan), Morgan Kelly (Brent Kennedy), Sebastian Pigott (Kai Booker), Michael Riley (Dr. Tom), Devon Bostick (Leo), Jadyn Wong (Rachel), Joanne Vannicola (Dr. Naadiah), Tatiana Maslany (Sarah), Jana Sinyor (Jana), Aaron Martin (Aaron), Lauren Collins (Young Barb), Suzy Joachim (Amanda), Graham Greene (Dr. Arthur), Shanda Bezic (Young Amanda), Grace Arianna Kirby (Child Erica), Joseph D'Aguanno (Child Leo)

"Being Erica" is a great series, which I can definately recommend. Also the final episode is a good conclusion to this series.
The last season on the other hand has disappointed me somewhat. Not that it doesn't have good episodes. It does. But the last episode of the previous season promised a specific direction that the series will take, but in my opinion it did not live up to it.
(click to show/hide)

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2013, 04:19:54 PM »
[tom]5039036045391.4f.jpg[/tom]      Dollhouse: Season Two (2009/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (United Kingdom)
Length:546 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.78
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Plot:
From creative mastermind Joss Whedon (Buffy The Vampire Slayer) comes the stunning final season of this sexy, provocative thriller that that will reveal all the secrets and complete your collection!

As Dollhouse continues to provide its elite clientele with "actives" – human beings imprinted with the personas of whomever the client wants them to be – its mind-altering technology spins dangerously out of control. Now, an unlikely alliance must attempt to destroy the sinister corporation behind the facade. And, as the lovely, lethal active Echo (Eliza Dushku) struggles with the memories of her past, she must unlock the deadly secret that will ultimately determine the fate of all mankind.

Dollhouse
Season 2.13 Epitaph Two: Return
Writer: Joss Whedon (Created By), Maurissa Tancharoen (Writer), Jed Whedon (Writer), Andrew Chambliss (Writer)
Director: David Solomon
Cast: Eliza Dushku (Echo), Harry J. Lennix (Boyd Langton), Fran Kranz (Topher Brink), Tahmoh Penikett (Paul Ballard), Enver Gjokaj (Anthony Ceccoli), Dichen Lachman (Priya Tsetsang), Olivia Williams (Adelle DeWitt), Felicia Day (Mag), Summer Glau (Bennett Halverson), Adair Tishler (Caroline Farrell), Alan Tudyk (Alpha), Zack Ward (Zone), Nate Dushku (Clive Ambrose), Noah Harpster (Matthew Harding), Christian Monzon (Romeo), Brandon Dieter (T), Jim Lindsey (Active), Maurissa Tancharoen (Kilo)

This was the first time that I have watched this series. When it originally aired, I stopped after the first few episodes. Am I glad that I gave this series another chance. My thought was that it really paid off that I gave Firefly a second chance. Now Joss Whedon has proven, that he has yet to disappoint me.
This series really got good after the first few episodes, when the focus switched from the single mission episodes to the arc episodes which focused on the other dollhouse employees.
The final episode is a great conclusion. Even though this series did not have a long life, it got the chance to do a proper ending. Personally I prefer series, which only are one or two seasons long. Then it is easier to rewatch at some point.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2013, 03:59:19 PM »
[tom]7321925010213.5f.jpg[/tom]      Gilmore Girls: Season Seven (2006/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

(Germany)
Length:883 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 5.1, German: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround
Subtitles:English, German

Gilmore Girls
Season 7.22 Bon Voyage
Writer: Amy Sherman-Palladino (Created By), David S. Rosenthal (Writer)
Director: Lee Shallat Chemel
Cast: Lauren Graham (Lorelai Gilmore), Alexis Bledel (Rory Gilmore), Scott Patterson (Luke Danes), Melissa McCarthy (Sookie St. James), Keiko Agena (Lane Kim), Yanic Truesdale (Michel Gerard), Liza Weil (Paris Geller), Sean Gunn (Kirk), Matt Czuchry (Logan Huntzberger), Kelly Bishop (Emily Gilmore), Edward Herrmann (Richard Gilmore), Kathleen Wilhoite (Liz), Liz Torres (Miss Patty), Sally Struthers (Babette Dell), Michael Winters (Taylor Doose), Jackson Douglas (Jackson), Todd Lowe (Zach), Ted Rooney (Morey Dell), Rose Abdoo (Gypsy), John Cabrera (Brian), Rini Bell (Lulu), Aris Alvarado (Caesar), Christiane Amanpour (Herself), Rich DiDonato (Man #1), Patty Malcolm (Woman #1), Michael A. Bachmann (Charlie), Robert Lee (Man #2), Inger Jackson (Woman #2)

I have now finished this series and I have to admit, that I enjoyed it more than expected. I enjoyed all seven seasons and never got bored with it.

I had feared that the series will end on a cliffhanger, because I had read that fans are not happy with the finale and that there was trouble with the network and the series got cancelled earlier than planned. But I have to say, that I am satisfied with the way that the series ended.

(click to show/hide)

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2013, 05:33:10 PM »
[tom]6867445002891.4f.jpg[/tom]      Misfits: Series Three (2011/United Kingdom)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Channel 4 DVD (United Kingdom)
Length:368 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1

Plot:
Resident delinquents – Simon, Kelly, Alisha and Curtis – are joined on community service by new kid on the block Rudy. Rudy gets a rude awakening in his first few days as he learns that with the keys to the infamous locker room comes a great deal of running and screaming and, in some instances, killing.

The gang are back with all-new superpowers. So just how did that trade-off with Seth the superpower dealer, go down? Do any of them have a superpower that's even a tad useful?

With Seth still trading powers, zombies on the loose, havoc being wreaked with events from the past and even more havoc being wreaked in the present, things haven't got any quieter for our gang...

Misfits
Season 3.08 Episode 8
Writer: Howard Overman (Writer), Howard Overman (Created By)
Director: Jonathan van Tulleken
Cast: Joseph Gilgun (Rudy), Iwan Rheon (Simon), Lauren Socha (Kelly), Nathan Stewart-Jarrett (Curtis), Antonia Thomas (Alisha), Robert Sheehan (Nathan), Matthew McNulty (Seth), Alex Reid (Sally), Jessica Brown Findlay (Rachel), Danny Sapani (Tony), Mark Heap (Jonas), Charlotte McDougall (Woman), Matthew Steer (James)

Not really the final episode of the series, but the last episode of the set I have. I plan to buy the rest also, but I feel that this episode works well for as a finale for the series. Especially as it is the last episode of most of the original main cast.
Thankfully we got some closure for these characters and I am happy that the storyline with Simon and Alisha came full circle.
So far, my favorite series is the second one, closely followed by the third.

[tom]stars_30_7.png[/tom]

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2014, 09:12:41 PM »
[tom]5039036040884.4f.jpg[/tom]      Boston Legal: Season Five (2008/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (United Kingdom)
Length:534 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78
Audio:English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround
Subtitles:Danish, English, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish

Plot:
In its spectacular fifth and final season, Boston Legal tackles some of today's most inflammatory—and sometimes irreverent—social and moral issues, from teen pregnancy and the death penalty to sex surrogates and Alzheimer's. Now, as Crane, Poole & Schmidt faces financial ruin, its brilliant attorneys face chaotic caseloads filled with malpractice, murder, love and lust. There's a surprise engagement—or two—and, of course, the bittersweet final act of this remarkable series. Starring Emmy® Award-winners James Spader, Candice Bergen, John Larroquette and William Shatner, Boston Legal remains one of the most vibrant, dramatic, hilarious and consistently brilliant shows on television. Case closed!

Boston Legal
Season 5.12 Made in China / Last Call
Writer: David E. Kelley (Created By), David E. Kelley (Screenwriter), David E. Kelley (Story By), Susan Dickes (Story By), Lauren MacKenzie (Story By)
Director: Bill D'Elia
Cast: James Spader (Alan Shore), John Larroquette (Carl Sack), Christian Clemenson (Jerry "Hands" Espenson), Tara Summers (Katie Lloyd), Candice Bergen (Shirley Schmidt), William Shatner (Denny Crane), René Auberjonois (Paul Lewiston), Roma Maffia (Judge Victoria Peyton), Chuck McCann (Judge Byron Fudd), Bess Armstrong (Penelope Kimball), Ming Lo (Hyung Lee), Jack Shearer (Justice Antonin Scalia), John Posey (Chief Justice Roberts), Raymond Ma (Zhu Chang), Vito D'Ambrosio (Justice Samuel Alito), Jim Jansen (Marshall Kennedy), Steven Anderson (Walter Seymore), Jim Turner (Father Joseph Martin), Pamela Dunlap (Adams), Kevin Cooney (Atty. Smith), Marianne Muellerleile (Evelyn), John Thaddeus (Detective John Stephenson), Chris McGarry (Mark Pinnard), Michael Holden (Rabbi Saul Levine), Kimberly Williams-Paisley (Atty. Elisa Brooks), Stu Levin (Justice Breyer), Roz Witt (Justice Ginsberg), Walter Addison (Justice Kennedy), Lee Duncan (Justice Thomas), Pamela Shaddock (Marshall of the Court), Ping Wu (Chinese Businessman #1), Joey Yu (Chinese Businessman #2), Peter Kim (Chinese Businessman #3), Jim Lau (Chinese Businessman #4), Ewan Chung (Chinese Businessman #5), Elaine Tan (Lisa), Randall Barnett (Evans), Eugene Boles (Reid), Paul Buxton (Thomason), Frank Stirling (Underwood), Soren Hellerup (Xavier), Elgin Brown (Zinberg)

An enjoyable last episode. The best thing in this series is the bromance between Denny and Allan, which they played up more and more during the series. And here in the series finale they jump the shark on purpose (even mentioning it in one of they typical breaking of the fourth wall comments), and they both get married to each other :laugh:

My favorite season was the fourth one. That may be because of Jerry joining the main cast and the introduction of Katie. I think those two made a great team and it was nice having more than two characters to be invested in. That was not the case of most of the other characters.

The thing which made me most curious about this series was Bill Shatner. He was nominated every season for an Emmy and won one of them. And he even got a Golden Globe for his role. That was something which I couldn't quite believe. But now having seen him in this series, I have to admit, that he has earned his nominations and awards. He was great in this series.

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2014, 12:25:24 AM »
The thing that makes David E. Kelly shows *usually* (ignore the crazy ones) is the characters.  The ensemble casts tend to be very very good.  And in this one Shatner and Spader played off each other so well .. I enjoyed almost every episode in this series .. and that is hard to do.
Thank you
David

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2014, 10:49:57 PM »
[tom]5051561001703.4f.jpg[/tom]      Torchwood: Miracle Day (2011/United Kingdom)
IMDb | Wikipedia

2 entertain Video (United Kingdom)
Length:529 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD High Resolution 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo

Plot:
One Day, nobody dies. All across the world, nobody dies. Day after day, the phenomenon continues. And a secret British institution named Torchwood seems to hold the answers...

CIA agents Rex Matheson and Esther Drummond investigate the only two surviving members of the team – Gwen Cooper, who has retreated to a remote Welsh hideaway with her husband and new baby, and the mysterious, brilliant Captain Jack Harkness. But they soon find themselves on the same side, fighting the greatest threat to humanity ever known – humanity itself.

Torchwood
Series 4.10 The Blood Line
Writer: Russell T Davies (Created By), Jane Espenson (Screenwriter), Russell T Davies (Screenwriter), Russell T Davies (Story By), Visual Effects by Lion Visual Effects)
Director: Billy Gierhart, Visual Effects by Lion Visual Effects
Cast: John Barrowman (Captain Jack Harkness), Eve Myles (Gwen Cooper), Mekhi Phifer (Rex Matheson), Alexa Havins (Esther Drummond), Kai Owen (Rhys Williams), Bill Pullman (Oswald Danes), Lauren Ambrose (Jilly Kitzinger), Candace Brown (Sarah Drummond), Sharon Morgan (Mary Cooper), William Thomas (Geraint Cooper), Marina Benedict (Charlotte Wills), Paul James (Noah Vickers), John de Lancie (Allen Shapiro), Tom Price (Sgt. Andy Davidson), Teddy Sears (Blue Eyed Man), Frances Fisher (The Mother), Benito Martinez (Captain Santos), Chris Butler (The Cousin), McKenzie Applegate (Girl), Veronica Diaz (Female Soldier), Noemi Del Rio (Sandra Morales), Fernando Fernandez (Young Male Soldier), Cici Lau (Chinese Woman), Laura Waddell (Cat One Nurse)

A not so good conclusion to a good show. This last season has a good premise, but ten episodes was too much for it. They should have done a five episode story arc like in the third season and I think it would have been much better. Also I thought that Jack and Gwen became more and more out of character as this season went on.
And to make it worse, it ended on a cliffhanger.

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2014, 04:41:14 AM »
Although I agree it wasn't the best Torchwood for me it is a 3.5/5 (pretty close).  There were some good bits.  And and I enjoyed Bill Pullman in his bad man role.  He takes on some outrageous roles and I thought he did very well with this one.
Thank you
David