Author Topic: My Personal Horrorfest  (Read 13183 times)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: My Personal Horrorfest
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 11:55:57 PM »
Oh, i didnt know there was a sequel.. Maby i have to check that one out too then.
And will pretend there isnt a third one ;) Oh, i kinda miss the theatres. Havent been to one in ages!
Thanks for answers :)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 12:12:31 AM »

Title: Silent House
Year: 2012
Director: Chris Kentis, Laura Lau
Rating: Rated NR : Disturbing Violent Content and Terror
Length: 86 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Elizabeth Olsen
Adam Trese
Eric Sheffer Stevens
Julia Taylor Ross
Adam Barnett
Haley Murphy

Plot:
Elizabeth Olsen (Martha Marcy May) stars in this suspenseful, edge-of-your-seat thriller presented in real time as one shocking, uninterrupted shot. When Sarah (Olsen) finds herself sealed inside her family's secluded lake house with no contact to the outside world, panic soon turns to terror as events become increasingly ominous. Directed by filmmaking duo Chris Kentis and Laura Lau (Open Water), it's a tension-filled journey that Scott Mantz of Access Hollywood raves is "Beyond terrifying! Clever, gripping, intense and scary as hell!"

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
BD-Live
Digital Copy

My Review:
I wanted to check out this movie for a few different reasons. One of them was Elizabeth Olsen, the babysister to the famous Olsen twins! Was curious to see how she did on the big screen. And i actually like what she did with it. Very good job! For the movie, a psychological horror movie. With a few good scare moments in it aswell. I like what they did with it (and that its based on a true story) i like true stories. And even though there wasnt "very muh scare moments" trough out the movie, they have made the movie that stuff sits with you trough out the movie. Its a very scary movie in many ways. And very strong psychological movie. A movie that i would recommand horrorfans to watch! I really enjoyed what they have done with it. And i'm looking forward to check out more of Liz's Olsen work!

My Rating:
4.5/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2012, 01:54:38 PM »
Oh, i didnt know there was a sequel.. Maby i have to check that one out too then.
And will pretend there isnt a third one ;) Oh, i kinda miss the theatres. Havent been to one in ages!
Thanks for answers :)

I also liked Urban Legend: Bloody Mary... which is part 3... but they focus on telling the story of a single urban legend... I wish this would have started a line of films doing it this way... but seems this is the only one...

Urban Legends: Bloody Mary
From the Director of Pet Sematary, the terrifying Urban Legend trilogy comes full circle with URBAN LEGENDS: BLOODY MARY, delivering hair-raising scares in the tradition of The Grudge and The Ring.

On a Homecoming Night dare, a trio of high-school friends chant an incantation, unleashing an evil spirit from the past with deadly consequences. That same night, the girls are abducted by a gang of high-school jocks. Once rescued, their tormentors receive their just desserts, dying one by one in a chain reaction of gruesome murders, each with a bizarre "Urban Legend" twist. Is it all just a high-school prank taken to grisly extremes – or has "Bloody Mary" returned from the grave to wreak her own vengeance?
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2012, 03:06:54 PM »
Hm, very interesting :)
Thanks Pete
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 05:09:04 PM »
But it's important to know for your information that Pete like also Superman 3 and Omen 4 :whistle:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 05:15:42 PM »
 :surrender: :weep:

:tease:
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 06:32:30 PM »
Hehe..
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 08:32:14 PM »

Title: The Orphanage
Year: 2007
Director: J. A. Bayona [J.A. Bayona]
Rating: Rated 15 : Strong Psychological Horror and Strong Injury Detail
Length: 106 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: Spansk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spansk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Belén Rueda
Fernando Cayo
Roger Príncep
Mabel Rivera
Montserrat Carulla
Andrés Gertrúdix

Plot:
Many years ago, Laura left the orphanage where she had spent her childhood. Now, thirty years later, she returns with her husband Carlos and her young son Simon, with a dream of restoring and reopening the long-abandonded orphanage as a home for disabled children. But the mysterious surroundings awaken Simon's imagination and the boy starts to spin a web of fantastic tales and not-so innocent games...

As events take a sinister turn, Laura slowly becomes convinced that something long-hidden and terrible is lurking in the old house, something waiting to emerge and inflict appalling damage on her family.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Gallery
Interviews
Storyboard Comparisons

My Review:
So after a few people said this was a good one, i decided that it would be my first movie for the day. And the movie started of strong and kept its pace for the most part. But it was slow at some parts too, but it kept my interest in it. The story was allright, and i like what they did with it. The lead actress in the movie did a great job too. It is a very strong psychological horror movie, with a few really good moments trough out the movie. A movie that had me interested trough out the movie, with an interesting ending too! A spanish horror movie. Its something with me and spanish horror movies. I just love a good spanish horror movie! And this is another good one. One that i would recommand you guys to check out!  :)

My Rating:
4/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2012, 12:22:29 AM »

Title: The Roommate
Year: 2011
Director: Christian E. Christiansen
Rating: Rated 15 : Strong Sustained Menace
Length: 91 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Fransk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Tysk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: Arabic, Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Hindu, Hollandsk, Norsk, Svensk, Turkish, Tysk

Stars:
Leighton Meester
Minka Kelly
Cam Gigandet
Aly Michalka
Danneel Harris
Frances Fisher

Plot:
She's cute. She's loyal. She's psychotic. And, unfortunately for college freshman Sara (Minka Kelly), she's THE ROOMMATE from hell. When Sara arrives at college, she finds new romance with Stephen (Cam Gigandet) and befriends her roommate Rebecca (Leighton Meester). However, what begins as friendship soon turns to fear as Sara comes face-to-face with the terrifying realisation that her new best friend is obsessive, unbalanced...and maybe even a killer!

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Bonus Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
BD-Live
movieIQ

My Review:
Well, i dont know what to say about this one. I think i had my expactations up a bit too high after watching the trailer. The movie started off ok, and the story was interesting enough. But, for a horror movie, the scare scenes wasnt there enough for me. There was a few good scare scenes, but not enough to be a real good horror movie. They could have done much more with the crazy roommate. All in all, an allright story wich could have been even better if they did a bit more of it. And the leads did an ok job too. But for the avid horrorfan. I wouldnt recommand it really. It was ok, but thats it i think.

My Rating:
3/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2012, 12:37:09 AM »
Try to check for the original who is an excellent thriller (and not an horror film, I sure don't get why it was marketed as one...) with Bridget Fonda and Jennifer Jason Leigh.

Single White Female (1992)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2012, 01:26:49 PM »
Nice, thanks Jim! I've just checked out the trailer for it.
Looked interesting :) I've put it on my list, to look after :D
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 03:59:37 PM »

Title: Shrooms
Year: 2006
Director: Paddy Breathnach
Rating: 15 år
Length: 88 Min.
Audio: Engelsk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Engelsk: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Engelsk

Stars:
Lindsey Haun
Jack Huston
Max Kasch
Maya Hazen
Alice Greczyn
Rob Hoffman

Plot:
3 couples go to Ireland woods to collect magic mushrooms and trip out. On their way they meet some strange inhabitants of the woods and it doesn't take long until a creepy story is being told at the campfire which might be more than just a story. So strange things happen, people start disappearing, silhouettes move through the woods and the creepy story starts to melt into reality. The horror kicks in along with the effect of the mushrooms.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Interviews
Outtakes/Bloopers

My Review:
A bit different horror movie than i've seen so far this marathon. It starts of right of the bat strong, with a few people going over to Ireland to get the best shrooms. And it doesnt take long before weird things start to happen with one of the people in the crew. Stuff that only that one person can see and hear. Some kind of dreams. And the movie have a steady pace trough out the movie. A few good moments in the movie aswell. Could have been a few more IMO. I liked what they have done with it tho, thinking about that hadnt much to go with. And ok story, and ok acting by some. And with an awesome ending too! I didnt see that coming anyways. A movie i recommand you to watch

My Rating:
4/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2012, 06:20:34 PM »

Title: Friday the 13th: Extended Cut
Year: 2009
Director: Marcus Nispel
Rating: Rated NR : Strong Bloody Violence and Strong Sex
Length: 105 Min.
Audio: Engelsk: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1
Subtitles: Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Hollandsk, Norsk, Svensk

Stars:
Jared Padalecki (1982)
Danielle Panabaker
Amanda Righetti
Travis Van Winkle
Aaron Yoo
Derek Mears

Plot:
Producer Michael Bay and the director of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre take you back to where the terrifying nightmare began.

At Crystal Lake, what started as the best weekend of their lives could quickly become their last. A group of teens, miles from civilisation, are about the learn, one by one, that the lake has a bloody past... and it's ready for revenge.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Picture-in-picture

My Review:
I actually liked this one quite a bit. Prolly not many will agree with me on this. But i found the movie very good actually. The story is a bit different of course than the original. But i think they did a good job with the story here. And the movie starts of very fast, and keeps a fast pace the whole movie out. From start to finish. A lot of good moments in this one aswell. And i loved how they did it with the story this time around. And i love how they started of with the movie, and then some things happend in the middle of the movie (wich was great) and he ending. Wow! I dont know if we have seen the last of Jason yet! Not just yet maby. I havent seen all the "Friday 13th" movies. But those i've seen i really enjoyed! Nothing can beat the original of course. But i do welcome this addition. For me, i would highly recommand this one if you like the "Friday 13th" saga.
I'm sure that Jim will dissagree with me on this one  :-[

My Rating:
5/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2012, 10:39:49 PM »

Title: Dead Silence
Year: 2007
Director: James Wan
Rating: 15
Length: 92 Min.
Audio: Japansk: DTS: 5.1, Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Fransk: DTS: 5.1, Italiensk: DTS: 5.1, Tysk: DTS: 5.1, Spansk: DTS: 5.1, Portugisisk: DTS: 5.1, Spansk: DTS: 5.1, Russisk: DTS: 5.1
Subtitles: Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Greek, Hollandsk, Italiensk, Japansk, Kinesisk, Koreansk, Norsk, Polish, Portugisisk, Spansk, Svensk, Thai, Turkish, Tysk

Stars:
Ryan Kwanten
Amber Valletta
Donnie Wahlberg
Michael Fairman
Joan Heney
Bob Gunton

Plot:
Dare to unlock the deadly curse of Mary Shaw... From the writers and director of Saw comes a new thriller of relentless terror! Ever since Mary Shaw was hunted down and killed, the small town of Ravens Fair has been haunted by horrific deaths. When a local's wife is brutally murdered, he returns home to unravel the terrifying legend of Mary Shaw and the reason why when you see her, you should never, ever scream.

Extras:
Scenevalg

My Review:
Ok, i just got to get two things off my chest. WHAT A CREEPY movie WITH CREEPY DOLLS! I hate dolls! Specially the creepy ones. (so of course, that makes for a good horror movie) This movie was almost a blind buy. I didnt expect much from it really. I think the story was ok. (i dont know if "Mary Shaw and those dolls are real or not) I liked where they were heading with the movie, and the idea of it. A lot of creepy moments with the dolls! And a not a boring moment either IMO. A movie that had me kinda jump from my couch. God i hated those dolls! And yeah, they did alot with less. I liked what they did with this one, and i really like what they did with the ending of the movie. A good horror movie that i would highly recommand. But if you dont like dolls, beware!

My Rating:
5/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2012, 04:07:46 PM »

Title: Maniac Cop
Year: 1988
Director: William Lustig
Rating: NR
Length: 85 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 6.1 (Discrete), Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 4.0, Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Tom Atkins
Bruce Campbell (1958)
Laurene Landon
Richard Roundtree
William Smith
Robert Z'Dar

Plot:
Innocent people are brutally killed on the streets of New York by a uniformed police officer. A young cop, Jack Forrest (Bruce Campbell, TV's BURN NOTICE and The EVIL DEAD Trilogy) finds himself marked as the chief suspect after his wife is murdered. As Lieutenant Frank McCrae (Tom Atkins, DRIVE ANGRY and LETHAL WEAPON) investigates, the death toll rises and he suspects a mysterious police cover-up. This maniac cop must be stopped, but it might not be so easy. He seems inhuman, and ready to take on the entire police force, hell-bent on revenge!

Restored and remastered from original vault materials by Synapse Films, MANIAC COP looks and sounds better than ever in this all-new 2011 2K high definition transfer and restoration, featuring remixed DTS-HD Master Audio surround sound! Long considered a classic of the horror genre, MANIAC COP is written and produced by Larry Cohen (IT'S ALIVE, PHONE BOOTH) and directed by William Lustig (MANIAC, VIGILANTE).

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Gallery
Interviews
Spanish Radio Spot

My Review:
This was a movie i was looking forward to watch. Heard alot of great things about it. And finally i got around to it. And what a movie it was! It started of with the Maniac Cop going wild right of the bat. And the chase is on. But somehow noone know who he is, and he's always a step in front of them. So the city is on the hunt on a maniac cop, that killing for the fun of it. I really liked what they have done with the story with this one. And the visual efects, makeup and the music just made it perfect. A great peace of a horror flick. Can i go so far as saying, a classic maby?
There was a few things i didnt like tho. The acting some places could have been better.
But i really enjoyed this one! And there was a nice twist aswell in it. Wich is always good. A really good horror movie, that i highly recommand! I hoped i would get in a few movies today.. But it looks like it will be a real slow day :\ Hopefully i will get in one more today.

My Rating:
5/6

Movie Count:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 04:10:23 PM by Piffi »
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas