Author Topic: Where are you getting your Blu-Rays and what kind of pricing?`  (Read 3491 times)

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
I see a lot of Blu-Rays being posted and was wondering ...

Most of my dvds and Blu-Ray are used because I just can't afford to buy many new.
A lot of my discs come from amazon with just a few from other collectors and garage sales.
Pricing for dvds are running 3-5 most of the time (including any shipping) and the Blu-Rays are 9+ (again including shipping).

So what are you seeing out there?

Thanks
Dsig
Thank you
David

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: Where are you getting your Blu-Rays and what kind of pricing?`
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 07:36:49 PM »
I usually buy my Blu-ray new, when their price drops below £10 on amazon.co.uk (usually around £7.98 or so + shipping) or below €10 on amazon.de (usually around €8.99 including shipping).
Shipping on amazon.de is free for Blu-rays.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 07:39:04 PM »
I too like to buy my blu-rays new. And i too use amazon for the most part. (but i use amazon.co.uk) And the prices are much lower then the prices here locally sometimes. Usually from £10-12 plus the shipping for a £1 and such. :) I'm very happy with amazon btw =)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 09:07:59 PM »
I usually buy my Blu-ray new, when their price drops below £10 on amazon.co.uk (usually around £7.98 or so + shipping) or below €10 on amazon.de (usually around €8.99 including shipping).
Shipping on amazon.de is free for Blu-rays.

Shipping is free for all blu-ray?  Wow that would be cool.

Here (us) at least shipping is free if you hit $25+ which really isn't hard to do with Blu-Ray

Thanks
Dsig
Thank you
David

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 09:13:55 PM »
I too like to buy my blu-rays new. And i too use amazon for the most part. (but i use amazon.co.uk) And the prices are much lower then the prices here locally sometimes. Usually from £10-12 plus the shipping for a £1 and such. :) I'm very happy with amazon btw =)
Thanks for that .. Amazon, like Google, is our friend <G>

DSig
Thank you
David

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 09:28:59 PM »
Shipping is free for all blu-ray?  Wow that would be cool.

Yes, on amazon.de (domestic) shipping is free, if your order includes at least one book or Blu-ray. Otherwise shipping is free for order above €20.
I usually order single Blu-rays, because then it will fit in my mail box. Otherwise I have to ship to a packstation and get my packages from there. Especially since German Blu-ray releases usually use HD slim keep cases, it is easy to fit in a common mail box. This is what I don't like about UK Blu-rays: The thicker standard HD keep cases, which take up more room in the shelf.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 06:27:34 AM »
My rule is 10 pounds or 13€ plus shipping. I very rarely order online on amazon.de so I didn't even know about the blu-ray rule. I usually order several items on amazon.co.uk together so the shipping costs split themselves.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 03:13:01 PM »
I have fallen in love with craigslist and buffalofreecycle. In every case the DVDs have been perfect - many are still sealed - and I never pay more than $5.

If I'm buying new I mainly use amazon.com, deepdiscount.com or wbshop.com. I occasionally go to Target or Wal-Mart also. But, in all cases I wait until the movies are on sale - I never buy them when they first come out anymore.

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 06:43:09 PM »
Yep just started looking at craigslist.org.  Could be a good way to get many cheap.  But with gas prices you always want to be sure that there are sufficient qty and low price <G>

DSig
Thank you
David

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 09:17:40 PM »
When buying new I usually hope for "Release Day Specials", last time this worked was for "Deliverance" and "A Perfect World", which on release day where available for less than € 9,- each. One day later they were sold for € 13,- and 15,-.

My collection nourishes from two basic sources:
For new purchases: Amazon Ger/UK/USA, sometimes even France (even though they have horrible shipping rates).
For used purchases: Rebuy.de and Amazon's Marketplace, of course.

Rebuy also is a good way to get rid of "How did this get onto my shelve?".
They pay about 50% of the Amazon "used" price, but since Amazon's sale-fees for private sellers easily sum up to 50% too, this is no real problem (for me).

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 08:42:55 AM »
Some movies I get fairly soon when they come out...others I'll wait and watch for the price to drop.  I've been waiting more lately. 

I'll get some at Walmart or a store in the mall here when I find good prices.  Sometimes Sam's Club has some good prices.  I got a few tv show seasons for $14 there recently.

I get a lot from Amazon...again watching for the prices to drop some..or when they are part of a one day sale.

I've just been getting Blu-rays recently..some I've found for less than $10.

Sharpy

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 09:50:27 AM »
For BLU-RAYS I mainly use amazon.co.uk ,I get mine all new wherever I get them from (so far I have anyway).Im the same as other people have stated I usually wait till prices drop to £10 or less (unless its something I really want,I will pay more),and postage is free.I use HMV quite abit, sometimes they have offers on like 2 for £15 and theres been the odd times some of there BLU's have been cheaper then amazon.Some supermarkets (ASDA,Morrisons,Tesco etc) have reasonable prices occasionaly.Blockbuster can be quite good with new BLU's ranging from £6 - £12 (Not Ex-rental's).DVD's I pick up new or 2nd hand,im not to fussed bout that.I'll pick them up from anywhere (CEX being my favourite).

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 02:55:43 PM »
I get almost all my movies at the shop I work at.  Almost all of these I trade for.  If I was buying as a customer we run most of our blu at 2 for 20.

Otherwise, I order used off Amazon if I like the price and have a bit of extra money.  When Barnes and Noble has its 50% off Criterion sale I hit it. 
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 02:57:17 PM by Danae Cassandra »
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Najemikon

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 10:44:57 PM »
If you're in the UK it's worth signing up to emails from Zavvi and Play. Play do Daily Deals which occasionally feature blu-ray, while Zavvi do Mega Monday every week and often heavily discount products across the store, always including their Blu's. I've picked up a lot of bargains from them.

And I always make an effort to promote www.find-dvd.co.uk. You can set monitors on titles so they email you when they reach your budget and they are normally very quick, so if say Amazon discounts one you've been waiting for by 60% for one day only, Find DVD will tell you. Sam has mentioned another similar site before. Camel something?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 06:45:22 AM »
And I always make an effort to promote www.find-dvd.co.uk. You can set monitors on titles so they email you when they reach your budget and they are normally very quick, so if say Amazon discounts one you've been waiting for by 60% for one day only, Find DVD will tell you. Sam has mentioned another similar site before. Camel something?
blu-ray.com does the same for the US, although they mostly monitor Amzon.com. I haven't tried, but I think if you monitor a german release DVD they might actually monitor Amazon.de... While it is mainly for Amazon, a salew is still a sale :shrug: