Author Topic: My Blu-Ray Reviews  (Read 131849 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: My Blu-Ray Reviews
« Reply #480 on: June 23, 2013, 03:45:08 PM »
I own the remastered version, which is supposedly approved by Friedkin and Roizman.
The 2009 edition on blu? If it is the one you talk about the transfer is awfull, one of the worst blu ever release. They have re-released it with a much better HD transfer last year, so if it's the one you own you are fine.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 23, 2013, 04:13:03 PM »

Title: Michael Clayton
Year: 2007
Director: Tony Gilroy
Rating: 15
Length: 114 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Tom Wilkinson
Michael O'Keefe
Sydney Pollack
Danielle Skraastad
Tilda Swinton
George Clooney

Plot:
Attorney Michael Clayton is a "fixer," the go-to guy when his powerful New York law firm wants a mess swept under the rug. But now he's handed a crisis even he may not be able to fix. The firm's top litigator in a $3-billion case has gone from advocate to whistleblower. And the more Michael tries to undo the damage, the more he's up against forces that put corporate survival over human life – including Michael's.

George Clooney portrays Michael, backed into a career corner that offers little room to fight free in this suspense- and star-packed thriller written and directed by Tony Gilroy (writer/co-writer of the Bourne movie trilogy).

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Slettede scener

My Review:
Well, that was a great ride. As some of you might know (from my reviews etc) i am a big fan of Mr.Clooney's work, both in front of the camera and behind. And this movie was no exception. And in this one we was put trough a journey of Michael Clayton's life. A lawyer that works as a "fixer" to fix other people's problems. But what happens when he gets himself in some serious trouble? A lot of great moments trough out. And a cool twists a little more then half way trough. Again great work from Geroge Clooney as 'Michael Clayton' this was a great suspence\thriller. A movie that i highly recommand you guys to check out!  2 hours of 'fun'

My Rating:
5/6
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 08:03:00 PM by Piffi »
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 23, 2013, 04:35:55 PM »

Title: Få meg på, for faen
Year: 2011
Director: Jannicke Systad Jacobsen
Rating: 11 år
Length: 73 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: Norsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Norsk: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: Engelsk, Norsk

Stars:
Helene Bergsholm
Malin Bjørhovde
Beate Støfring
Matias Myren
Henriette Steenstrup
Lars Nordtveit Listau

Plot:
In Skoddeheimen, Norway, 15-year-old Alma is consumed by her hormones and fantasies that range from sweetly romantic images of Artur, the boyfriend she yearns for, to daydreams about practically everybody she lays eyes on.

Extras:
Feature Trailers
Slettede scener

My Review:
Well, this is a Norwegian movie again from my unwatched pile. A comedy that was talked about in the media in Norway alot. And i finally got around to watch a few movies this weekend. Some reviews are allready up, and some will come. And this movie had actually some real funny moments where it made me LOL. A fun and akward story. And this poor "15 year" old girl from a town with only a few people living. Are both horny and sick and tired of her town. And with that combo alot of weird stuff happens trough out the movie. Some real funny and akward moments, and some cute moments. I guess we follow this 15 year old girls journey in life. In a small town and stuff going against her. And wanting to movie and do stuff with her life. All in all, an allright Norwegian comedy. A comedy that i recommand you Norwegians out there to check out.

My Rating:
4/6
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 09:20:51 PM by Piffi »
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 23, 2013, 06:13:00 PM »

Title: Swordfish
Year: 2001
Director: Dominic Sena
Rating: Rated 15 : Strong Language and Moderate Violence
Length: 99 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: Engelsk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Fransk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Tysk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: Danish, English, Dutch , Italian, Norwegian, Spanish

Stars:
John Travolta (1954)
Hugh Jackman
Halle Berry
Don Cheadle
Sam Shepard
Vinnie Jones

Plot:
Use a computer, go to jail. The terms of Stanley Jobson's parole are clear. Yet a $10-million payday awaits the superhacker if he takes on a job masterminded by a charismatic covert agent - the electronic theft of a government slush fund.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Musikkvideo(er)

My Review:
That was a rather entertaining movie. A typical "oldschool Travolta actionflick" a story that wasnt anything too original. But they made it work. Alot of cool moments with John Travolta and Hugh Jackman. And a hot Halle Berry isnt wrong either. Lot of good moments here with Travolta i would say. Its good to see the 'old' Travolta. I think the 'oldschool' Travolta is best. And ofc what is a oldschool actionflick with out wild car cashes and some wild shooting and explotions? Well, all in all this was a fast paced actionflck, with something happening all over the place. This movie was a fun 1.5 hours. A movie that i recommand you guys to check out.

My Rating:
4/6
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #484 on: June 23, 2013, 07:21:30 PM »
I really need to upgrade on this one rewatch it. The ball-bearing bomb at the beginning was a reference quality effect for audiophiles back when the dvd first came out. It's a cracking film.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 24, 2013, 06:16:42 AM »
They have re-released it with a much better HD transfer last year, so if it's the one you own you are fine.
Yes, I own last year's release.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 24, 2013, 11:18:08 PM »

Title: The Ides of March
Director: George Clooney
Rating: Rated 15 : Strong Language
Length: 97 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Ryan Gosling
George Clooney
Philip Seymour Hoffman
Paul Giamatti
Evan Rachel Wood
Marisa Tomei

Plot:
Written and directed by Academy Award® winner George Clooney and starring Ryan Gosling, The Ides of March is an electrifying tale of ambition, betrayal and revenge.

As up and coming press secretary Stephen Myers (Ryan Gosling) battles tirelessly for Governor Mike Morris (George Clooney) in a frantic election race he becomes distracted by sexy young intern Molly (Evan Rachel Wood). Whilst concealing their affair he agrees to meet the opposition's campaign manager (Paul Giamatti), who offers him a job on his staff. Stephen neglects to inform his boss of the meeting and as his silence is revealed he discovers a dirty personal secret that could sink Morris' political career. Stephen must then decide whether to enact revenge or use the secret to his advantage.

Boasting a stellar cast including George Clooney, Marisa Tomei, Jeffrey Wright, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Paul Giamatti and Evan Rachel Wood, this seductive, award-winning thriller will leave audiences guessing until the very last moment.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Dokumentar
Interviews

My Review:
So i finally got some time on my hands on a Monday to get around to watch a movie. Between all the other shiitake mushroom that's being going on the past year. And this is a movie i've had for a quite a while but for some reason never seen it. Even tho i like both Clooney and Gosling. The story was ofc politics, who screws who. Who will end up being the big dog in the end. But the way the story was played IMO was genious. Kudos to the people behind the cameras and the cast. Mr.Clooney did a great job again (almost as always) And Ryan Gosling did a great job too. It was a tense movie alot of the time. Something was going to happen, just had that feeling. And how things played aswell, good. This is a politic movie that i actually really enjoyed. Great from start to finish. And with some cool extras. That never hurts. A movie that i highly recommand if you like that sort of movie. 

My Rating:
5/6
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 25, 2013, 10:58:35 PM »

Title: Iron Man: Ultimate 2-Disc Edition
Year: 2008
Director: Jon Favreau
Rating: Rated 12 : Moderate Violence
Length: 126 Min.
Audio: Engelsk: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Italiensk: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Greek, Hollandsk, Hungarian, Italiensk, Norsk, Polish, Portugisisk, Svensk, Turkish

Stars:
Robert Downey, Jr. [Robert Downey Jr.]
Terrence Howard
Jeff Bridges
Gwyneth Paltrow
Leslie Bibb
Shaun Toub

Plot:
Lift off with high-speed, high-flying action in this Ultimate 2-disc Edition that takes you inside the suit of Marvel's invincible Super Hero for the ultimate Iron Man experience!

After surviving an unexpected attack in enemy territory, jet-setting industrialist Tony Stark builds a high-tech suit of armour and vows to protect the world as Iron Man. Straight from the pages of the legendary comic book is a hero who is built - not born - to be unlike any other!

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Gallery
BD-Live

My Review:
So, after Marie wrote a review on Iron Man 3 i decided to rewatch the 2 first ones. And I watched this one once it came out (i think it was) but didnt remember much of it. And i decided to rewatch them now, since the 3rd will be out. This was a real cool movie. Great story. The visual efects? Amazing! The sound was amazing aswell. Lot of cool moments here and there. And lot of action too. Not only 'superheros' a great mix between the superheros and "real" action.  And the cast worked well together too i think. Was refreshing to see Jeff Bridges as a bad guy. A bald bad guy i might add.And there is a own disc with some real cool special features.  All in all this a real good movie. Looking forward to catch up on the second one soon! Recommanded ofcourse! But i guess most of you have seen them allready.

My Rating:
4.5/6
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 26, 2013, 10:26:21 PM »

Title: Iron Man 2
Year: 2010
Director: Jon Favreau
Rating: 11 år
Length: 124 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Fransk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Italiensk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spansk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Hollandsk, Italiensk, Norsk, Spansk, Svensk

Stars:
Gwyneth Paltrow
Don Cheadle
Scarlett Johansson
Sam Rockwell
Mickey Rourke

Plot:
With the world now aware of his dual life as the armored superhero Iron Man, billionaire inventor Tony Stark faces pressure from the government, the press, and the public to share his technology with the military. Unwilling to let go of his invention, Stark, along with Pepper Potts, and James "Rhodey" Rhodes at his side, must forge new alliances - and confront powerful enemies.

Extras:
Audio Commentary
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Outtakes/Bloopers

My Review:
Again a real good and entertaining movie. Great follow up from the first one. I liked the twist and plot in this one. Made for some good action here and there. And the visual efects\special efects are even better in this one. Amazing job by the crew. And i have to say that i like the new characters. Cool to see some of the shield etc. Good job by the cast aswell IMO. And i really think the ending was real good. It can make for some good moments and writing if they do it right in the 3rd movie. This was a fun couple of hours. Just have to say that the sound in this one. WOW! This is ofcourse recommanded if you liked the first one. And i'm looking forward to the 3rd coming out. 

My Rating:
4.5/6
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 27, 2013, 05:41:45 PM »

Title: The Avengers
Year: 2012
Director: Joss Whedon
Rating: Rated PG-13 : Intense Sequences of Sci-Fi Violence and Action Throughout, and A Mild Drug Reference
Length: 143 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Fransk: DTS-HD High Resolution: 7.1, Spansk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Chris Evans (1981)
Mark Ruffalo
Chris Hemsworth
Scarlett Johansson
Jeremy Renner

Plot:
Marvel makes cinematic history as it unites the Super Hero team of a lifetime. Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Captain America (Chris Evans), The Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) and Thor (Chris Hemsworth) assemble together for the first time ever in this epic, action-packed blockbuster - alongside Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) and Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson). Director Joss Whedon creates an unprecedented masterpiece that has become a global phenomenon. Packed with spectacular special effects, this must-own movie sensation boasts exclusive bonus features that transport you deep into the world of Marvel's The Avengers, including a never-before-seen Marvel short film, an interactive Second Screen Experience and Marvel's highly anticipated, first-ever Gag Reel!

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Bonus Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Musikkvideo(er)
Outtakes/Bloopers
Second Screen, "Item 47" short film

My Review:
So, that was fun! Great movie with some real cool characters. And some fun lines aswell. And there was alot of big names in this aswell. Never a bad thing. High and actionpacked trough out the movie. Stuff happening around every corner. And a big kudos to the people behind the camera aswell. Amazing job! And while at it. The sound? Simply amazing! Picture too. Wow. The movie only hit a few bumps in the road. Other than that a real good superhero movie. A movie that i really enjoyed from start to end. And i just have to say. Scarlett Johansson? Wow ;) All in all a great movie that is highly recommanded!

My Rating:
5/6
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 27, 2013, 07:03:47 PM »

Title: Dolphin Tale
Director: Charles Martin Smith
Rating: PG
Length: 113 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Harry Connick, Jr.
Ashley Judd
Kris Kristofferson
Morgan Freeman (1937)
Nathan Gamble
Cozi Zuehlsdorff

Plot:
In an inspiring story of the bond between animals and humans, a boy named Sawyer discovers an injured dolphin, who is brought to a marine hospital and named Winter. Unfortunately, her injuries cost Winter her tail, without which she may not survive. But with Sawyer's devotion, a marine biologist's (Harry Connick Jr.) expertise and the brilliance of a prosthetist (Morgan Freeman) charged with creating a new tail, Winter may receive a second chance at life.

Extras:
Scenevalg

My Review:
Well, after Pete recommanded this movie and give a perfect score. I decided to check it out myself. And what an amazing and warm movie it is. The story is just heartwarming. How they rescue this dolphin, and all the efforts they do to save its life. Its amazing. And that its based on a true story is even more amazing. As Pete said himself, just a feelgood movie, alot of feelgood moments trough out. This is a real great movie, that everyone should watch IMHO.

My Rating:
6/6
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 27, 2013, 07:05:57 PM »
 :clap: So thrilled you liked it so much! :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 27, 2013, 07:24:57 PM »
Yeah! Its great to see that there still are great people out there  :) In this crazy world!
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 30, 2013, 02:40:27 AM »

Title: Snitch
Year: 2013
Director: Ric Roman Waugh
Rating: Rated 14A : Violence, Language May Offend, Mature Theme
Length: 112 Min.
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, Fransk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Engelsk, Fransk

Stars:
Dwayne Johnson
Barry Pepper
Jon Bernthal
Susan Sarandon
Michael Kenneth Williams [Michael K. Williams]
Rafi Gavron

Plot:
Dwayne Johnson explodes into action as a man determined to bring a Mexican cartel to its knees. Johnson stars as a successful businessman who learns his son faces 10 tough years in a federal hole for drug possession. Convinced it was a setup, he volunteers to become an undercover informant and infiltrate a ruthless cartel. Now, with his back against the wall and his life totally on the line, he must expose the true criminals before they discover his identity.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar

My Review:
So, after waking up with the worst hangover of the decade i was finally able to watch two movies. Will review one now, and the other tomorrow. So i've heard alot of things about this movie actually. And this was a movie i wanted to watch since it came out. The movie had a strong and great story. Based on a true story! Unreal. And 'The Rock' as the lead in this does IMHO a solid job. The story about a father who's willing to do everything (even get killed) to save his son's future\life. A lot of great moments from The Rock here. He's getting a great actor. This movie was able to keep both the action and the suspence. Wich is good. Some familiar faces too, that i hadnt seen in a long time. A great movie with some great sound. A action\suspence movie that i recommand you guys to check out!

My Rating:
4.5/6
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 30, 2013, 12:17:02 PM »

Title: A Good Day to Die Hard: Extended Cut
Year: 2013
Director: John Moore (1970)
Rating: Unrated
Length: 98 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Bruce Willis (1955)
Jai Courtney
Sebastian Koch
Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Yulia Snigir
Rasha Bukvic

Plot:
BRUCE WILLIS IS BACK IN ACTION — mind-blowing, heart-stopping, rip-roaring action — as John McClane, the heroic New York cop with a knack for being in the wrong place at the right time. John's latest predicament takes him all the way to Russia to track down his estranged son, Jack (Jai Courtney), who has been imprisoned in Moscow. But the mission takes a deadly turn as father and son must join forces to thwart a nuclear weapons heist that could trigger World War III!

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Gallery
Digital Copy

My Review:
Well, this was a movie that i just had to check out. Even though i think  its time for John McClane to retire soon. And me being a fan of the earlier Die Hard movies and seen all of them. I had to check this out. And i dont know what to say really. The story was a bit too 'out there' for me. Alot of cool special efects, lot of shooting and lot of things blowing up (ofcourse) and even some funny lines here and there. But thats about it. Bruce didnt look inspired in this one, it looked like he only did it for the money. And thats a shame really. Since i liked the 3 first movies. And he isnt getting any younger. But after what i've seen and heard there will be atleast one more 'Die Hard' movie. (And i can see why the studio does it. Since they bring in the big bucks) but please quit before its too late. All in all not a good movie. Not worthy of the 'Die Hard' But i guess money still talks. If you liked the 'Die Hard' franchise, and have seen the rest. Sure, check it out for a cheap cheap penny. But if not. Not worth it IMHO.

My Rating:
2/6
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas