Author Topic: My Blu-Ray Reviews  (Read 131835 times)

Najemikon

Re: My Blu-Ray Reviews
« Reply #330 on: January 26, 2013, 06:14:53 PM »
Have you seen Drive? There's an odd little tribute to it in Taken 2!

Yes, Sir i have. But i didnt see the tribute  :-[
When\Where is it?

Two of the tracks from Drive soundtrack are used. One, when his daughter is listening to headphones in the hotel on her own when Neeson is trying to call her. The second is more blatant though...

Remember the conceit of Drive is a driver who will give you five minutes, no more, then whatever, he's gone? Compare that to the scene where Neeson breaks into a taxi, leaves his daughter behind the wheel and tells her, whatever happens wait no more than five minutes then go! Coincidence until they start playing the bloody Drive theme as well... ;)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 27, 2013, 01:38:03 AM »
Hehe, cool! I will go back,and rewatch the scenes from both movies. :D
I didnt even think about that at all, when i watched 'Taken 2' yesterday :o
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #332 on: January 27, 2013, 01:52:19 AM »
I never knew either but I love little touches like this. The car chase was probably the best bit IMO and was of a high standard. I just hated the whole 'throw grenades to find me' nonsense.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 27, 2013, 03:04:52 PM »

Title: Lockout
Year: 2012
Director: Stephen Saint Leger, James Mather
Rating: Rated 15 : Strong Violence
Length: 95 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles: Engelsk

Stars:
Guy Pearce (1967)
Maggie Grace
Vincent Regan
Joseph Gilgun
Lennie James
Peter Stormare

Plot:
Luc Besson (Director of The Fifth Element) presents this futuristic thriller about a renegade CIA agent (Guy Pearce, Promethius) who is betrayed by his government and sentenced to 30 years frozen in a cryogenic chamber 50 miles above Earth. The only way to avoid serving time is a suicide mission – overcome a gang of ruthless prisoners and rescue the President's daughter (Maggie Grace, Taken).

Extras:
Scenevalg
Bonus Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Interviews

My Review:
Well, that was a cool Sci-Fi movie actually. A cool story, wich had me glued to the tv, trough out the movie. I like it when they go to outer space. I liked the idea, but i think they could have done just a littlebit more. A allright cast aswell. With some funny lines inbetween that made me laugh. All in all, for me, a good Sci-Fi movie, that i enjoyed. A movie that i recommand you to see, if you find it for a cheap penny.

My Rating:
4/6
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 08:45:55 PM by Piffi »
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 27, 2013, 05:19:00 PM »

Title: Ted: Extended Edition
Year: 2012
Director: Seth MacFarlane
Rating: Rated 15 : Strong sexual references, coarse language and drug use
Length: 107 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Fransk: DTS: 5.1, Spansk: DTS: 5.1
Subtitles: Engelsk, Fransk, Spansk

Stars:
Mark Wahlberg
Mila Kunis
Seth MacFarlane
Joel McHale
Giovanni Ribisi
Patrick Warburton

Plot:
As the result of a childhood wish, John Bennett's teddy bear, Ted, came to life and has been by John's side ever since - a friendship that's tested when Lori, John's girlfriend of four years, wants more from their relationship.

Extras:
Audio Commentary
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Outtakes/Bloopers
Digital Copy

My Review:
Didnt know what to expect really, other then what people have told me, and the trailer. The movie had a funny story with the talking teddybear. And the movie had me laugh out a loud a few times. And i enjoyed the idea behind it. But at some places they just dropped the ball IMO. I think both Mark and Mila Kunis did a ok job. But i feel that they could have done a bit more maby. For the comedy part of it they did a good job IMO. But there was a few things that they did, wich i didnt like at all. Wich drag the movie down unfortunatly. And its a movie that small kids shouldnt watch IMO. A good comedy for adults, that i would recommand you guys to check out for a cheap penny.

My Rating:
4/6
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 08:46:35 PM by Piffi »
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #335 on: January 27, 2013, 05:23:01 PM »
I enjoyed Ted but felt the trailer pretty much showed all the funniest parts which is typical.

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 27, 2013, 07:16:48 PM »
I didn't rush out and see "Ted", nor have i purchased it ... yet.  I did watch it on HBO (i think) and really rather enjoyed it.  The humor was over the top and rancid without seeming 'frat boy' like.  Probably will get it if i find it cheap enough  :)  All in all a pretty fun watch
Thank you
David

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #337 on: January 27, 2013, 07:18:47 PM »
I am keen on seeing it, but I am waiting until the Blu drops below €10.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 27, 2013, 11:03:19 PM »
I thought 'Ted' was funny, and it had its moments.
Dont get me wrong, but for a comedy.. I wouldnt pay full price for it :\
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 27, 2013, 11:55:24 PM »
 :D i wont pay full price for just about anything  :D
Thank you
David

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #340 on: January 28, 2013, 12:15:54 AM »
And its a movie that small kids shouldnt watch IMO.

That's why it's rated 15+ for "Strong sexual references, coarse language and drug use", which can be considered as a fairly high rating and should give those that want to show this to their 5-year old something to think.
But, sure, those that even after taking a look at the cover still think that this might be an adequate afternoon-show for kids, will probably ignore the rating too.

Just because there's an animated Teddy-bear appearing in it doesn't make it a kids-movie.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #341 on: January 28, 2013, 03:13:29 AM »
And its a movie that small kids shouldnt watch IMO.

That's why it's rated 15+ for "Strong sexual references, coarse language and drug use", which can be considered as a fairly high rating and should give those that want to show this to their 5-year old something to think.
But, sure, those that even after taking a look at the cover still think that this might be an adequate afternoon-show for kids, will probably ignore the rating too.

Just because there's an animated Teddy-bear appearing in it doesn't make it a kids-movie.

Unfortunately, some parents didn't get that message.  There were a few fairly young children in the theater when I saw it.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 02, 2013, 02:21:29 PM »

Title: Death Race 2: Unrated
Year: 2010
Director: Roel Reiné
Rating: Unrated
Length: 100 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spansk: DTS: 5.1, Fransk: DTS: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: Engelsk, Fransk, Spansk

Stars:
Luke Goss
Lauren Cohan
Sean Bean
Ving Rhames
Tanit Phoenix
Patrick Lyster

Plot:
In the world's most dangerous prison, a new game is born: Death Race. The rules of this adrenaline-fueled blood sport are simple, drive — or die. When repentant convict Carl Lucas (Luke Goss) discovers there's a price on his head, his only hope is to survive a twisted race against an army of hardened criminals and tricked-out cars.

Also starring Danny Trejo and Ving Rhames, Death Race 2 tells the explosive story of how the legendary race began. Strap yourself in for an insane thrill-ride!

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
BD-Live
Digital Copy
pocket BLU, D-BOX Motion Code

My Review:
Well, this was interesting. I've heard alot about this one, mostly bad things about it. I really enjoyed the first\original Death Race movie with Jason Statham. This one i didnt have too much or any expactions for. The movie started of in a good way. With some good scenes. And from there, it had my interest. For the movie and the action in it, its a great movie, with alot of good scenes, some 'good' racing, some fighting etc. For me, this was actually a good action movie. BUT, since this is supposed to be a follow up, or a second movie in this 'franchise' There was a few things i think they should have done a bit better. The story for one, (its a good and entertaing story, but a bit too simular to the first movie) could have done a bit more, to make their 'own' kinda. And the actors in this one. Not as good as the first one. And i have to say the way the movie ended. Really?! Was that the best they could do? Well, for me a enjoyble actionflick. And a good follow up, not a great follow up. But an ok one. And with how things ended. I'm interested to see how the 3rd movie will be.  For me, i recommand you guys to atleast check this one out, if you enjoyed the first Death Race.

My Rating:
4/6
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 02, 2013, 04:11:10 PM »

Title: 2 Fast 2 Furious
Year: 2003
Director: John Singleton
Rating: Rated 15 : Fit For Viewing By Persons 15 Years Or More
Length: 108 Min.
Audio: Japansk: DTS: 5.1, Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Fransk: DTS: 5.1, Italiensk: DTS: 5.1, Tysk: DTS: 5.1, Spansk: DTS: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Hollandsk, Italiensk, Japansk, Kinesisk, Koreansk, Norsk, Portugisisk, Spansk, Svensk, Tysk, Kommentar

Stars:
Paul Walker (1973)
Tyrese Gibson [Tyrese]
Eva Mendes
Cole Hauser
Chris "Ludacris" Bridges
Thom Barry

Plot:
Supercharged street-racing action exploding onto the streets of Miami, incredible cars driven to the edge. Beautiful girls and a lifestyle to die for... It's 2 Fast 2 Furious .

Academy Award nominated Director John Singleton (Boys N Da Hood) brings you the nitrous-injected follow up to The Fast and The Furious .

Brian O'Connor (Paul Walker) has lost his job after letting his friend Dom Toretto, a street-racing crime boss, escape the law. Now he's back in Miami with his old friend, Roman Pierce (Tyrese). He's working undercover for the cops to avoid punishment for his actions. He's helping the gorgeous Monica Fuentes (Eva Mendes) track down a shady businessman. And he's racing again - this time it's for his life...

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Interviews
Outtakes/Bloopers
Digital Copy

My Review:
As i've said before, Fast and The Furious is one of my biggest guilty pleasures  :-[
And after the 'Death Race 2' i got in the mood for some car chases, and its been a while since i've seen this one. And since Fast 6 will be out in the theaters in awhile, so why not? This one, i really enjoy. It has a great and fun story, with a few bumps here and there. And some good driving. And a cast that works good together aswell. I think they do their parts good in this one. Its not much to say about the Fast And The Furious movies really. But it had a deal of action in this one, some high speed chases, and some racing. And a story that wasnt boring, or solved before 30 minutes trough the movie. A great movie, with some real good scenes. A movie that i ofc i will be watching again some time! For me, this franchise is ofc highly recommanded! All of the movies, expect the 3rd one!

My Rating:
5/6
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 03, 2013, 01:32:05 AM »

Title: Gone in 60 Seconds
Year: 2000
Director: Dominic Sena
Rating: Rated 15 : Moderate Sex and Violence
Length: 118 Min.
Audio: Engelsk: PCM: 5.1, Engelsk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Fransk: DTS: 5.1, Fransk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Italiensk: DTS: 5.1, Italiensk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Tysk: DTS: 5.1, Tysk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spansk: DTS: 5.1, Spansk: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Hollandsk, Icelandic, Italiensk, Norsk, Spansk, Svensk, Tysk

Stars:
Nicolas Cage
Giovanni Ribisi
Angelina Jolie
TJ Cross
William Lee Scott
Scott Caan

Plot:
Nicolas Cage and Angelina Jolie feed the need for speed with Gone In 60 Seconds on Blu-ray's high definition disc. Gear up for action-packed thrills as this revolutionary new format gets your motor running.

Forced out of retirement to save his kid brother from an evil mobster, legendary car booster Memphis Raines re-assembles his old crew and floors it in a full-throttle race to pull off the ultimate auto heist. Experience the searing intensity of every headlight in amazing 1080p, and hear the roar of exotic engines - plus a hot soundtrack - with spectacular enhanced audio. Now, life in the fast lane is wilder than ever with Blu-ray™ High Definition!

Extras:
Scenevalg
Dokumentar

My Review:
Ah, i guess you can call this movie a guilty pleasure aswell. I just love this movie, i dont know how many times i've watched it really on dvd and tv. But never watched it on blu actually. So finally got around to check the blu version out. A few things about the movie, the story is just great. The action is off the chart (?) And its always good to see the oldschool Nic Cage. Both him and Angelina Jolie did a great job in this one. And i just have to say that the music people did a great job. Just fit right perfect to the whole thing. Ah, just perfect. And to compare the blu version to the dvd version. The blu is actually a good upgrage, the sound is just really great in this one. As is the picture quality. This is ofc a movie i cant recommand highly enough!  :-[

My Rating:
6/6
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 08:47:20 PM by Piffi »
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas