Author Topic: Warner DVD2BLU Program - Price Drop  (Read 1031 times)

hal9g

Warner DVD2BLU Program - Price Drop
« on: February 05, 2011, 09:36:39 PM »
Warner has reduced their trade in price for upgrading old DVDs to the Blu ray version from $7.95 to $4.95.

See details HERE.

hal9g

Re: Warner DVD2BLU Program - Price Drop
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 10:24:58 PM »
I had been under the impression that this was an "upgrade" of the same DVD title to the equivalent Blu ray title, but apparently not.

You can send any qualifying DVD (professionally produced, non-adult content, sorry Jimmy) and select any Blu ray disc from their list.  They even have some TV seasons (not for $4.95, though).

KinkyCyborg

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 10:41:09 PM »
One of our Video Vault members first brought this program to my attention and not surprisingly it's not open to Canadians.  :thumbdown:  Just kills me how some of these studios are on the verge of bankruptcy and yet they completely shun entire markets of potential revenue streams.  :shrug:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 04:51:45 AM »
non-adult content, sorry Jimmy
All my Warner dvd are regular stuff, but I don't want to trade them even if I don't like the snapper :laugh:
Just the idea of giving something old and OOP sound weird to me, maybe it's the collector mentality :shrug:

hal9g

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 07:23:14 PM »
All my Warner dvd are regular stuff, but I don't want to trade them even if I don't like the snapper :laugh:

They don't have to be Warner DVDs..they can be anything.  Then you can get any of their Blu rays for $4.95.  If you spend over $30.00, they give free shipping.  Seems like a cheap way to pick up some Blu ray titles, if you've got some old DVDs that you really don't want to keep.

I know, I know.....it's that last part that's the stickler!   :devil: