Author Topic: Are You Afraid of the Dark? marathon!!  (Read 31052 times)

addicted2comics(:P)

Re: Are You Afraid of the Dark? marathon!!
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 11:23:07 PM »
Marvel Zombies

Halloween Again

***As Told in the Perspective of Zombie Spider-Man***

Halloween again. I miss the sight of Trick-or-Treaters running free in New York. I miss the smell of candy corn and caramel apples around Times Square. I even miss douchy teenagers egging people's cars, and that I used to web them up just to teach them a lesson. Now … I'm living in Halloween. I live in a world where the greatest of heroes are cannibals. Where even the most kind-hearted person is a monster when the hunger strikes.

The things I've seen – the things I've done – that's true horror. My wife … she used to dress up every year just to do something different. Just to have fun. I know, everything I do reminds me of Mary Jane. She brought a flair to every party she went to. I always thought of myself as being lucky enough to go with her! Now … oh god … she's gone and I … I … I can't even think of it …

It's too horrible. The streets should be lit. Jack-O-Lanterns should be on so many doorsteps I get sick from the smell of pumpkin. Everyone puts on a costume and pretends to be monsters. All I see is monsters – every day of my life. I won't even take off my mask. I can't risk seeing my reflection, seeing what I've become. I remember a few years back. I saw so many kids in Spider-Man costumes I turned red. I miss seeing little fairy princesses. I miss the vampiresses and werewolves. God, I miss seeing those kids. The future is what they were. Every one of them is gone now. Every last one.

I've seen that happen, you know. I've been there too, too many times to count. The hunger is unstoppable. These monsters, they used to be heroes. Now we eat whatever human remains we can find. It feels so good, too. Just tearing through someone's flesh, feeling their skin against your teeth – even if they are decaying. Feeling the blood splatter against your mouth, hearing their screams at the mere sight of you – listening as it becomes even more desperate once you become close enough to bite. I remember thinking that the kids were the tastiest. The youth in their blood was the most delicious of all.

The true curse of being a zombie is that you regain your humanity after a meal. You remember the time when you were five and you got lost at a shopping mall. You remember your first kiss. You remember your family. Worst of all, you remember all the horrific things you've done. The lives you've destroyed. You try to escape this reality, but you can't. All you can do is remember. What you did every day. What you did with your family. What you talked about with your friends. What you did on the holidays.

I remember one Halloween, Mary Jane dressed as a vampiress. She was so hot, and I really loved her. More than anything. She even laughed along as I dressed as Spider-Man … again. That year she took me to a public ball that the old mayor threw. On the way home, she laughed so hard when I pranked these teenagers for the graffiti that she actually jumped out like a real vampiress and scared them to death! We walked a little more and saw a girl in a version of my costume. Her friends abandoned her. MJ gave me the look and I knew what to do. I showed her the time of her life as Spider-Man and took her home.

That kid … I remember her death. She was so innocent. I couldn't stop myself. I remember she was holding on to a little plush doll that looked like what I used to be. I still can't believe there will be no more kids. No more family, but there will be love. That is just really cruel. I really liked that kid, but … now she is only food …

Oh, LISTEN TO ME! What kind of monster would do that? Would think like this?

Oh yeah … I would …

Halloween. A time for kids and a time for monsters. The scary part of this is that it's not just a nightmare. This is real. All the memories, but no chance of happiness – for one moment – ever again. That's horror.

Happy Halloween.

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 01:01:45 AM »

11) The Tale of the Dark Music
Andy Carr and his mom and sister, Christina, moves to his uncle’s old house in a new neighborhood where things don't start out well with a neighborhood boy, Koda, until he figures out that there's something hidden inside his basement when he sees a carnival barker come out to feed when he plays music on the radio.

My Thoughts:

Your basic "boogey man in the dark" story. Pretty humorus, some things that come out of the dark, and what's really ironic?

(click to show/hide)

My Rating
Out of 5
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 01:31:03 AM by addicted2comics(:P) »

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 01:10:15 AM »

12) The Tale of the Prom Queen
In this take on the “vanishing hitchhiker” urban legend, two boys, Jam and Greg, befriend a young woman, Dede (Katie Griffin), where they encourage her to join them in trying to solve the mystery behind a prom queen's death, who was a victim of a hit and run accident while waiting for her boyfriend, Ricky Mitchell, to pick her up for prom in 1956.

My Thoughts:

A real favorite! Nothing can beat a good-old-fashioned local ghost story!! I have to admit, the Legend of the Ghost Bride was running through my head the whole time I was watching this. (Which is my inspiration for this year's Halloween costume) It was a story from an old cartoon I loved, "Hey Arnold!"  :laugh:

Despite my familiarity, this show really creeps you out if you're alone in a dark room! My recomendations! ;D

My Rating:
Out of 5

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 01:30:01 AM »

13) The Tale of the Pinball Wizard
Ross Campbell, a mischievous kid who is obsessed with pinball, finds himself trapped in the mall at closing time after he loses track of time when working at a repair shop for Mr. Olson—and the protagonist of a real life pinball game. He must use all of his skills to escape the enchanted mall and save Princess Sophie, but soon learns that he is not the only one playing.

My Thoughts:

So, let me get this straight, an evil pinball game? Ok.....

A pretty basic episode. There were some fun parts and a twist in the end, but average overall.

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 01:37:38 AM »

14) The Tale of the Final Wish
Jill Petterson, a thirteen year old girl, who loves unicorns and fairy tales, learns that they are not what they are cracked up to be when she wishes that she could be in a fairy tale word forever and The Sandman transports her to a world where her mom, dad, brother Jon, and friends are cursed to sleep forever and all her favorite fairy tale characters are out to get her

My Thoughts:

I remember this. A world of dreams. Pretty much the fairy tale episode of the bunch. Very weird, but a nice story of another example of "Wishes Gone Bad".

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2010, 01:45:36 AM »

15) The Tale of the Midnight Madness
Pete Matt and Katie Halloron want to save a dying theater, so they let Dr. Vink, show a special version of the vampire classic "Nosferatu" (1922), which draws in big audiences - and brings the movie vampire to life when the theater manager, Mr. Kristoph, refuses to honor the deal for the film.

My Thoughts:

A very memorable episode! Nosferatu in present TV shows? And here I thought they always skipped to Dracula!! :laugh:

Dr.Vink coming back is always a good trait in this series, and I wish there were more episodes with him, but I can only think of one other time...and we have a long wait....

So, here we have some old school horror and a little bit of comedy where the strange Dr. Vink shows up. One of the better ones! :thumbup:

My Rating
Out of 5
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 10:04:27 PM by addicted2comics(:P) »

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2010, 01:58:15 AM »

16) The Tale of Locker 22
A young girl is assigned a locker that takes her back to 1968, where she must save a hippie girl named Candy Warren who died in a chemistry lab explosion.

My Thoughts:

A pretty fun episode...especially loved how the kids were making fun of the 60s talk.  :laugh: Groovy, totally boss!

I always loves me a good ghost story! Pretty cool...above average at the least. Truth be told, I'm not sure if you can call this 100% a ghost story, because there is no ghost, is a ghost-like possesion thing when a girl puts on a necklace.Still a good plot, but a little off to me.

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2010, 09:30:45 PM »

17) The Tale of the 13th Floor
Two siblings discover an elevator floor filled with strange toys and games — and alien parents who want their daughter back.

My Thoughts:

Our first alien story of the series and it takes place at ... a toy company...

Its ok, very ... colorful? Yeah, to me that shouldn't happen in an alien show. But, a twist at the end helps spice things up. An ok episode.

My Rating
Out of 5
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 09:38:11 PM by addicted2comics(:P) »

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2010, 09:37:40 PM »

18) The Tale of the Dream Machine
An aspiring writer finds a typewriter that makes everything written come true, including a story about the death of his best friend.

My Thoughts:

First thing I need to point out, a good use of foreshadowing. The last author who used the magic typewriter died. Very cool.

On with the episode ... a typewriter that can make what you write happen in your dreams or someone else's, for real if you read it aloud. Maybe it just should have come true. Example? Goosebumps. "The Blob that Ate Everyone". Isk, I just see a lot of missed oppertunities. Still a good story, though.

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2010, 09:43:49 PM »

19) The Tale of the Dark Dragon
Based on The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, a teenage boy (still bitter from the accident that caused his disability) buys a strange magical potion from Sardo's magic shop that makes him the coolest kid in his school, but also brings out a demon born from his anger and self-loathing.

My Thoughts:
Ok, the return of Sar-Do. This time with a confidence potion. The Dark Dragon being a metaphor (more or less) for a person's inner doubts, it was a fine story with a good job done in the make-up department.

My Rating
Out of 5
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 09:46:10 PM by addicted2comics(:P) »

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2010, 09:54:48 PM »

20) The Tale of the Frozen Ghost
Clarissa Explains It All and Sabrina the Teenage Witch star Melissa Joan Hart guest stars in this story about a spoiled boy and his babysitter who while visiting the boy's aunts are haunted by the ghost of a boy who froze to death.

My Thoughts:

I have to say this: Whoo-hoo! Guest stars Melissa Joan Hart! I loved watching Sabrina!! :yahoo:

So, another ghost story. Actually, its two, nicely connected. A great change of pace from the strange and magical. Was it too much to ask for more classic ghost/monster stories? After watching the others, the ghost factor here brings up the creepy-meter! Great show! :thumbup:

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2010, 10:01:01 PM »

21) The Tale of the Whispering Walls
A babysitter and her two charges get lost on the way from a carnival. When their car breaks down, the babysitter goes inside to use their telephone. The children soon learn that the house is haunted by the ghosts of visitors who went in, but never came out.

My Thoughts:

Here you get an old superstition coming back at you about a full moon on leap year. Kinda creepy. Well, for a lot of this, I have no idea what's going on. Turns out, its all about the house. I've seen the plot before, but this one is a little brain-busting - at least to me. But walls that talk, a creepy owner, a baby blanket full of snakes -  no one can deny that its scary .......... or at least really weird......

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2010, 10:06:49 PM »

22) The Tale of the Full Moon
Two young pet detectives suspect a neighbor of being a werewolf after cats begin disappearing from the neighborhood.

My Thoughts:
Our first and only werewolf episode. The make-up could've been better, but the pet detective saw the meat in the fridge and figures he's a ..... pet carnovore.

I really enjoyed the twist ending. Suprise suprise!!
(click to show/hide)

A little more comedic than I would expect a werewolf show to be, but very fun.

My Rating
Out of 5

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2010, 09:46:00 PM »

23) The Tale of the Shiny Red Bicycle
A teen, still traumatized by his best friend's death, begins seeing the boy's ghost and his beloved bicycle.

My Thoughts:

This I found really heart-tugging. In this ghost story, how the boy died really gets to you. A real story about friendship. That's all you can say about it, really. I mean, the ghost is creepy but he's really for an emotional purpose. I can't help but think of a girl who died as an old friend of Lana in Smallville's early seasons. (I know its early, I've only sat down and watched seasons 1-3)

In any case, an excellent episode.

My Rating
Out of 5
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 09:55:24 PM by addicted2comics(:P) »

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2010, 09:49:56 PM »

24) The Tale of the Magician's Assistant
A young boy, Todd, becomes an assistant to the great magician Shandu and learns the rules of being a magician: Only let the audience see what you want them to see, never touch another magician's wand unless he hands it to you, and never get caught in your own reflection. But trouble ensues when Todd makes an unwise decision to take Shandu's wand and use it for himself.

My Thoughts:

It was ok, really a played-out "Magic is real" plot. The "Rules of Magic" was a nice touch, and the classic switch-a-roo worked out nicely with a tree limb and a certain wand!

My Rating
Out of 5