Author Topic: Toy Story 3  (Read 17504 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Toy Story 3
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2010, 09:49:01 PM »
I'm glad you saw it and liked it. :)

And now you can go read all the spoilers.

Critter

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2010, 03:13:52 AM »
I'm starting to feel sorry for Dreamworks, they are completly owned by Pixar every time, no matter what they do. They must be starting to feel at a loss for what they can do. Dreamworks best films are still probably only equal to Pixars worst.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2010, 03:33:59 AM »
Dreamworks is nowhere near Pixar on any level.  They did it to themselves though...rushing to get movies out faster.  They've been doing at least 1 animated movie a year since Shrek I think.  There have already been 2 out this year and I think a third is coming out in November.  Pixar did it the right way...focusing on one movie at a time while they got established, and then brining on more staff so they could have several projects going at once..and now they do 1 a year.

I do hope you write more about Toy Story 3...I'm really wondering what you thought of different things.  :) 

Critter

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2010, 03:48:05 AM »
I will write more about it, sorry I am taking so long, I'm really still trying to wrap my head around how fantastic it was. It really hit home for me, I think I will be seeing it a second time soon (maybe today) so I might be able to write more clearly about it then.

But I will tell you one thing.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 03:49:57 AM by Critter »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2010, 04:07:17 AM »
(click to show/hide)
The same moment get to all of us :laugh:

I watched Toy Story yesterday and found great to see all those reference they picked up in the third film. For example the opening of the third film, which is showing what it looks like in Andy's/the toy's minds when they play, is basically the same in the first one :o, albeit there we see Andy just play with the inanimate toys; the actions are pretty much the same though. Also many other small things got recognized by me this time; I am not sure I ever noticed that Sid owned a Binford toolbox before :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2010, 04:21:11 AM »
I will write more about it, sorry I am taking so long, I'm really still trying to wrap my head around how fantastic it was. It really hit home for me, I think I will be seeing it a second time soon (maybe today) so I might be able to write more clearly about it then.

But I will tell you one thing.
(click to show/hide)

You don't have to be sorry..and I wasn't trying to...pester.  I'm just really interested in hearing your thoughts on the movie.

If you have read the spoilers from before, you'll know that moment hit me hard too.

Critter

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2010, 04:29:46 AM »
Okay so I am most likley going to the 4:30 session this afternoon. Which worries me a lot becuase 4:30 on a Sunday afternoon usually means kids and lots of them. I can only hope that I will at least get lucky and have parents who will keep them under control.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2010, 04:30:19 AM »
(click to show/hide)
The same moment get to all of us :laugh:

I watched Toy Story yesterday and found great to see all those reference they picked up in the third film. For example the opening of the third film, which is showing what it looks like in Andy's/the toy's minds when they play, is basically the same in the first one :o, albeit there we see Andy just play with the inanimate toys; the actions are pretty much the same though. Also many other small things got recognized by me this time; I am not sure I ever noticed that Sid owned a Binford toolbox before :laugh:

Sid has a Binford toolbox??  How did I miss that??
Ohhh..that reminds me.  I found a story about all the little things hidden in Toy Story 3 referencing other Pixar movies.  Evidently Sid is in it..he's a garbage man.  He's supposed to be wearing the same black t-shirt with the white skull, but the site didn't have a picture of him in the movie yet.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2010, 04:31:47 AM »
Okay so I am most likley going to the 4:30 session this afternoon. Which worries me a lot becuase 4:30 on a Sunday afternoon usually means kids and lots of them. I can only hope that I will at least get lucky and have parents who will keep them under control.

I went to the first showing when I went.  There were a lot of kids in there...but really most of them were well behaved.  No running up and down the aisles or anything.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2010, 04:37:28 AM »
Ohhh..that reminds me.  I found a story about all the little things hidden in Toy Story 3 referencing other Pixar movies.  Evidently Sid is in it..he's a garbage man.  He's supposed to be wearing the same black t-shirt with the white skull, but the site didn't have a picture of him in the movie yet.

(click to show/hide)
Can you find the story again? I'd love to read it too. (I have a book pointing out all references, some might say thefts :laugh:, in Kill Bill Vol. 1. After seeing it just yesterday I might rewatch soon and read along with the book.)

As for Sid, my first guess would have been he's the crazy one that goes by Andy's house. Or is that actually the same one you referred to in the spoiler...?

Critter

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2010, 04:39:37 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2010, 04:43:17 AM »

(click to show/hide)
Can you find the story again? I'd love to read it too. (I have a book pointing out all references, some might say thefts :laugh:, in Kill Bill Vol. 1. After seeing it just yesterday I might rewatch soon and read along with the book.)

As for Sid, my first guess would have been he's the crazy one that goes by Andy's house. Or is that actually the same one you referred to in the spoiler...?

I don't know if he's the one that goes by Andy's house or not.  Hmmm....  I can't remember.

Here's the link. There are lots of pictures. :)

Toy Story 3 Easter Eggs

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2010, 05:43:20 AM »
(click to show/hide)

That would be the one going by Andy's house.

I don't know if he's the one that goes by Andy's house or not.  Hmmm....  I can't remember.
(click to show/hide)

Thanks for the link. Very interesting.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2010, 06:01:49 AM »
(click to show/hide)

That would be the one going by Andy's house.

(click to show/hide)

Thanks for the link. Very interesting.

Ahhh...good point about Sid.  I didn't think of that.

Critter

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2010, 11:12:44 AM »
Just got back from second viewing.

(click to show/hide)