Author Topic: phpdvdprofiler  (Read 65488 times)

RossRoy

Re: phpdvdprofiler
« Reply #270 on: June 23, 2012, 04:14:23 AM »
Actually I just did the change proposed by Fred on both your site and mine - and yes, it seems to have fixed it for now.  ;D

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #271 on: June 23, 2012, 04:23:17 AM »
Ahh..ok.  Well it is working now.  So that's good.

I did just go to upload a file that I've been holding off on for a few days...got this error message at first..

JavaScript Error: Error loading script at line number 1. Please post this info on dvdaholic.me.uk/forums/

I still did the update, and I think it ran fine.

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 23, 2012, 05:15:09 AM »
Well, assumption #1 is correct, but #2 is not. Dvdaholic is Andy's site, and he's been missing in action for a while. I think it'll be ok with Karsten if you ask questions in this thread, though... Or you can always email me - fred@bws.com
1) Where is there documentation dealing with requirements for this plugin (php level, db ..  any other considerations)
2) Where are there install instructions
3) documentation dealing with any options/switches (there are always options and switches :)
4) Where is the link for the newest download.  It cant be the first page as it goes to a page dated 2010.

Thanks
Dsig
Thank you
David

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 23, 2012, 06:06:18 AM »
1) Where is there documentation dealing with requirements for this plugin (php level, db ..  any other considerations)
3) documentation dealing with any options/switches (there are always options and switches :)
4) Where is the link for the newest download.  It cant be the first page as it goes to a page dated 2010.
1) + 2) There is no actual documentation, but the forum you found (that Andy is unavailable to approve you for) will give you plenty information and Fred is always helpful. For installation user johnd prepared this, although it might not be 100% up to date:
http://www.johnd.com.au/installingphpdvdprofilerV3/index.htm
3) Most settings are done in a file called localsiteconfig.php and are explained with a few comments. Last time I looked there was a few unexplained, but often even their name is self explanatory. If there are still questions, just ask here.
4) The download is only available in the other forum when logged in. But on page 16 Fred posted a direct link as well, which I repeat for your convenience: Here.

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 23, 2012, 06:32:43 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply.  1 and 2 are the most important <G> so i hope that fred will pop in with some quick info

Thanks again
DSig
Thank you
David

Offline FredLooks

• phpDVDProfiler Moderator
  • Intermediate Poster
    • View Profile
    • Fred's Home Site
« Reply #275 on: June 23, 2012, 07:40:02 PM »
Actually I just did the change proposed by Fred on both your site and mine - and yes, it seems to have fixed it for now.  ;D

Well, it seemed to be a little sporadic, so keep me posted if it repeats ...

Offline FredLooks

• Intermediate Poster
    • View Profile
    • Fred's Home Site
« Reply #276 on: June 23, 2012, 07:47:35 PM »
Ahh..ok.  Well it is working now.  So that's good.
Good to hear. Please let me know of any other repeats

I did just go to upload a file that I've been holding off on for a few days...got this error message at first..

JavaScript Error: Error loading script at line number 1. Please post this info on dvdaholic.me.uk/forums/

I still did the update, and I think it ran fine.

That's the most annoying error. It is basically the browser's way of saying "I had a problem, but I don't think I should give you any information about it". It says that there was some unspecified error loading some unspecified script. One would expect that it is the main updater script, but that appears to then work with the update. If it told us a little more about the problem it had it would be possible to investigate.

If you get this again and are keen to try to debug :) , it would be interesting to see what the Javascript Console says. Pressing Ctrl-Shift-K should bring up the Console, where you can see what it thinks the errors are.

Offline FredLooks

• Intermediate Poster
    • View Profile
    • Fred's Home Site
« Reply #277 on: June 23, 2012, 08:05:26 PM »
Basically, what Achim said. Additional comments:
Inside the zip file, phpdvdprofiler-install.txt. Basically it requires PHP (>4.0.3), MySQL (any version), a webserver that will process PHP, and which has sufficient storage for the XML file produced by the Windows program and the image files which you want to display. The image files are not strictly required.
Inside the zip file, phpdvdprofiler-install.txt. These are, uhhh, terse, yes, terse instructions, and the website Achim mentioned is a much more detailed assist. And I'm generally available to help, as are others.
I would like to think that they are documented in the siteconfig.php file. Sadly, they are only mostly (ok, partially) documented there. There are a large number of switches affecting the behaviour of the program. In most cases the defaults are good. I'm pretty certain that the switches that I have not gotten around to documenting are mostly for helping people who had specific issues. (For those who want to see the true gore, globalinits.php has the complete set of switches, with the defaults)
As Achim noted: this is always the current version

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 23, 2012, 09:07:42 PM »
Thanks again.  This is the info i needed

DSig
Thank you
David

Offline FredLooks

• Intermediate Poster
    • View Profile
    • Fred's Home Site
« Reply #279 on: June 27, 2012, 07:38:08 PM »
OK, for those who are experiencing the so-called "Loading" problem, could you try to clear your cache (on FireFox, that is accessible from the menu item FireFox->Options->Advanced and there is a button to clear your content cache)

This has sorted things out for others, so I'm just trolling to see if there are any problems remaining once this has been done ...

Thanks in advance

BigTim

« Reply #280 on: June 28, 2012, 10:15:40 AM »
Thanks for your TIRELESS EFFORT! FredLooks! I was one of those experiencing the "LOADING" Problem.  I uninstalled, reinstalled, used different versions... Firefox kept calling on that BAD CACHE.  Do as he recommends.  Took 5 seconds and straightened me out!  Amazing troubleshooting!  BOO YAH!!!!!!!!!

Big Tim

Offline FredLooks

• Intermediate Poster
    • View Profile
    • Fred's Home Site
« Reply #281 on: July 02, 2012, 10:14:37 PM »
OK, I've released a new version which is compatible with 3.8.1 ... it's in the usual place on dvdaholic, and the bws download is also active. The fixes discussed here have been incorporated, and there is no schema change required (I saw where Ken was headed with color, and made that part of the schema compatible)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 06, 2012, 09:47:14 PM »
I have an error message on my online collection display and from what I understand the country is responsible for this.

Is there a solution or I must wait for an update?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 07, 2012, 06:12:38 AM »
Serbia is not defined in phpDVDProfiler. Is it available in DVD Profiler...?

While it would be possible to make some amendments to fix the issue temporarily in teh end fred must add Serbia to the list of countrie sto make this go away.

The CIA have an image of the the Serbian flag on their website.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 07, 2012, 02:31:40 PM »
Serbia is not defined in phpDVDProfiler. Is it available in DVD Profiler...?
Yes it is. Even The Vatican is now there... but do they really do movies :shrug: