Author Topic: Over-Indulging On Thanksgiving  (Read 5080 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Over-Indulging On Thanksgiving
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2010, 11:34:07 PM »
Friends: The Complete Tenth Season
They're outta here – but yours forever! This DELUXE 4-DISC SET of Friends' Final Season Ten boasts NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN FOOTAGE, the EXTENDED DVD VERSION OF THE FINALE, and EXCLUSIVE DVD EXTRAS. It's a splendid sendoff...And no Friends collection is complete without it.

Episode Watched:
The One with the Late Thanksgiving
Monica prepares a Thanksgiving feast and is furious when no one shows up! When Joey gets stuck in the door, Monica and Chandler have the ideal remedy. Phoebe convinces Rachel to enroll Emma in a baby beauty contest.

My Thoughts:
Another fun episode. This one I really enjoyed... it has lots of laughs. I especially enjoyed Joey getting his head stuck in the door.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2010, 01:09:17 PM »
Mike & Molly: Season 1
The series, set in Chicago, Illinois, follows two people, Mike Biggs, a police officer who wants to shed some pounds, and Molly Flynn, a fourth-grade teacher wanting to embrace her curves, who meet at an Overeaters Anonymous group and become an unlikely pair. However, they also have to deal with the comments, jokes, and criticism from Mike's fast-talking partner Carl McMillan, Molly's slim sister Victoria and mother Joyce, and Samuel, a Senegalese waiter at the officers' favorite restaurant.

Episode Watched:
Molly Gets a Hat
After Mike's mother buys a hat for her, Molly feels obliged to invite the older woman over for Thanksgiving.

My Thoughts:
This is a new sitcom that I have really enjoyed so far. It never fails to give you some laughs. Even though this one isn't the best episode I have seen... it is still a fun watch.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2010, 04:06:28 PM »
I found that I just don't care for the Thanksgiving episodes as much as the other holiday episodes... so I just don't have the desire to force feed myself all the episodes I own that deals with Thanksgiving. Though I do plan to continue this marathon... just not as originally intended. From this point on I will just be sure to watch at least 1 Thanksgiving episode each day up till (and including) Thanksgiving day.

So I accept that I failed what I originally intended... but hey if you are just not enjoying it all that much... then what's the point... right? :P
Pete

hal9g

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2010, 04:20:06 PM »
Quitter!!!!!!!!    :devil:

Just kidding!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2010, 04:32:22 PM »
 :laugh: Well... like I said... I will still be fitting in at least 1 episode per day! So lets not say Quitter... failure is more like it! :P
Pete

hal9g

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2010, 04:39:36 PM »
:laugh: Well... like I said... I will still be fitting in at least 1 episode per day! So lets not say Quitter... failure is more like it! :P

This is supposed to be fun!   :whistle:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2010, 08:37:40 PM »
Full House: The Complete First Season
Take three little girls, their recently widowed father, and two of dad's best buddies, put them in the same household, and stand back for a Full House of laughs, love and warmth.

Enjoy all 22 Season One episodes (plus wonderful extras!) of the smash-hit series that ran from 1987 to 1995. Bob Saget plays Danny Tanner, the girls' doting dad. John Stamos is their rock-'n'-rollin' Uncle Jesse. Dave Coulier is Joey, a wannabe comic whose best audience is right at home. And the three Tanner youngsters are played by Candice Cameron, Jodie Sweetin and Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, who share the role of nine-month-old scene stealer Michelle. Their house is your house!

Episode Watched:
The Miracle of Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving may be a turkey this year: D.J.'s holiday bird came out of the oven still frozen solid.

My Thoughts:
This is a series I used to watch when it originally aired. My wife and I never missed it. But this is the first time I have watched an episode in a while. This one is pretty good... but it does make you think about the people that is no longer with you for the holidays. So watching this one... the whole time I was thinking of my wife who passed away 15 years ago next month... and my mother who passed away last year.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2010, 10:48:09 PM »
I got to watch 2 Thanksgiving episodes today... just couldn't get enough time to write decent reviews for them. But I watch 2 episodes that aired last night which I recorded and watched today.

First one was The Middle... an alright series. It has been good enough to continue watching... but I don't know... it hasn't impressed me a great deal. A decent Thanksgiving episode though... had a couple chuckles in it.

Then I watched Cougar Town... this one I liked a bit more then The Middle... had a few decent laughs in it. Was definitely worth watching.
Pete