Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 249886 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #915 on: September 15, 2011, 04:52:56 PM »
     The War at Home: The Complete First Season: Disc 2 (2005/United Kingdom)

8 Cheers
You booze, you lose. After Dave and Vicky declare the Gold household a no-alcohol zone, they come home tipsy.

9 The Empire Spanks Back
The Sultan of Swat: Dave's new pro-spanking regime has unexpected consequences.

10 Breaking Up Is Hard to Do
Grandma Betty's new boyfriend is a handsome, charming big spender...with Grandma's money.

11 It's a Living
What goes up...Vicky tries climbing the ladder of success in the high-powered world of fashion.

12 Three's Company
When Vicky's college friend visits, Dave fears Vicky will find out that he was friends with her, too. Close friends.

13 Gimme a Break
With chaos in the household and backstabbing on the job, Vicky rethinks her career move.

14 How Do You Spell Relief?
Room for one more...not! The Gold household may receive another visit from the stork.

15 Looney Tunes
"Life sucks. Why even bother?" Dave and Vicky mistakenly think Mike's cheesy song lyrics are a cry for help.

Stars:
Michael Rapaport as Dave Gold
Anita Barone as Vicky Gold
Kaylee DeFer as Hillary Gold
Kyle Sullivan as Larry Gold
Dean Collins as Mike Gold

Extras:
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This show continues to grow on me... but it is still not what I would call a favorite. While some of the inserts they do to talk to the camera is funny... I still don't like that they do them. I still feel it takes away from the flow of the storyline. But as I said... it is growing on me some. I find myself getting into the storyline and the characters more. One of the episodes (Three's Company) has a guest star I am familiar with. Jamie Luner (Just the Ten of Us) plays Vicky's old college friend that comes visit. Which I think I would say is also my favorite episode on this disc.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: September 16, 2011, 12:29:52 PM »
     Dollhouse: The Complete Season 2: Disc 3 (2009/United States)

8. A Love Supreme
Alpha returns and goes after Echo's past romantic clients, killing them one by one.

9. Stop-Loss
Victor's contract lapses and he goes back out into the real world... but his past life may threaten his future with Sierra.

10. The Attic
Adelle finally decides that Echo is too much of a threat to her house. Now Echo must face the very personal horrors of the Attic.

11. Getting Closer
Adelle realizes that Echo's suppressed memories and personality hold the key to saving mankind, but Echo's past connection to Bennett Halverson puts Topher's efforts at risk. Meanwhile, the leader of Rossum is revealed.

Stars:
Eliza Dushku as Echo
Harry Lennix as Boyd Langton
Fran Kranz as Topher Brink
Tahmoh Penikett as Paul Ballard
Enver Gjokaj as Victor
Dichen Lachman as Sierra
Olivia Williams as Adelle DeWitt

Extras:
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Watched another disc of this great series yesterday. Once again... I enjoyed it very much. I know it has been a long time since this show was on TV... but I swear... I don't remember a few of these episodes... even slightly. I guess I may have missed a few episodes from the second season when it originally aired. Summer Glau returns for another episode on this disc. Going back into her xharacter's old relationship with Elixa Dushku's character in the episode Getting Closer... Which is also the episode I would have to pick for my favorite on this disc.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: September 16, 2011, 02:17:40 PM »
     The War at Home: The Complete First Season: Disc 3 (2006/United States)

16 Oh, Grow Up
Doctor No. Hillary' gynecologist is Dave's old high school buddy, a babe hound once known as the Devirginator.

17 The Seventeen-Year Itch
Dave's ego takes a bruising when a gorgeous co-worker thinks he may be the perfect man...for her mother.

18 13 Going on 30,000
Mike wants a bar mitzvah. Is he interested in his Jewish heritage - or is it just an excuse to party down?

19 Snow Job
A ski trip puts Hillary in the ER and her parents' marriage on life support.

20 Drive Me Crazy
When Dave teaches Hillary to drive, he doesn't lose his temper or his cool. But he does lose his licence.

21 Runaways
The mother-son relationship hits the deep freeze when Vicky refuses to buy Larry tickets to the Ice Capades.

22 The West Palm Beach Story
Meet the folks. Dave's plan for a happy family reunion in Florida hits a few dozen snags.

Stars:
Michael Rapaport as Dave Gold
Anita Barone as Vicky Gold
Kaylee DeFer as Hillary Gold
Kyle Sullivan as Larry Gold
Dean Collins as Mike Gold

Extras:
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I just finished off the last disc in this set. The show is still growing on me... as I enjoyed these episodes well enough. But I don't think this show will ever be among my favorites. However, it is good entertainment with some laugh out loud moments. Just not as many as I would expect. If the second (final) season was ever released... I would probably add it to my collection as long as I could get it for a decent price. I would say I would buy it if I could get if for between $15 and $20. At least now I can scratch this set off my unwatched list.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: September 17, 2011, 02:07:53 AM »
     Dollhouse: The Complete Season 2: Disc 4 (2010/United States)

12. The Hollow Men
Echo and her team travel to Arizona in order to destroy the Rossum Corporation's mainframe.

13. Epitaph 2: Return
In the year 2020, Echo and the few surviving Dollhouse staff struggle to restore mankind after the devastating events seen in the unaired first season episode, "Epitaph."

Stars:
Eliza Dushku as Echo
Harry Lennix as Boyd Langton
Fran Kranz as Topher Brink
Tahmoh Penikett as Paul Ballard
Enver Gjokaj as Victor
Dichen Lachman as Sierra
Olivia Williams as Adelle DeWitt

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Just finished watching the last disc in the set. It seems I missed the last several episodes when it originally aired. As I really don't remember anything on them what so ever. So it was good to finally see the complete series. I enjoyed where they went with the storyline. I especially enjoyed Epitaph 2: Return as it showed what happen after the end of the unaired season 1 episode. Which was great because it did end a bit open-ended.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: September 20, 2011, 11:54:27 PM »
     Friends: The Complete First Season (1994/United States)

You can never have enough Friends. With this DELUXE 4-DISC SET OF THE COMPLETE SEASON ONE, you have more: each episode contains NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN MOMENTS every fan of Friends will savor. And for all loyal patrons of Central Perk, we've brewed up a fresh pot brimming with BONUS FEATURES. Revisit that first year in which Rachel (JENNIFER ANISTON), Monica (COURTENEY COX ARQUETTE), Phoebe (LISA KUDROW), Joey (MATT LeBLANC), Chandler (MATTHEW PERRY) and Ross (DAVID SCHWIMMER) first charmed audiences worldwide. You'll be in fabulous company.

EPISODES:
1. The Pilot
2. The One with the Sonogram at the End
3. The One with the Thumb
4. The One with George Stephanopoulus
5. The One with the East German Laundry Detergent
6. The One with the Butt
7. The One with the Blackout
8. The One Where Nana Dies Twice
9. The One Where Underdog Gets Away
10. The One with the Monkey
11. The One with Mrs. Bing
12. The One with the Dozen Lasagnas
13. The One with the Boobies
14. The One with the Candy Hearts
15. The One with the Stoned Guy
16. The One with Two Parts
17. The One with All the Poker
18. The One Where the Monkey Gets Away
19. The One with the Evil Orthodontist
20. The One with the Fake Monica
21. The One with the Ick Factor
22. The One with the Birth
23. The One Where Rachel Finds Out

Stars:
Jennifer Aniston as Rachel Green
Courteney Cox as Monica Geller
Lisa Kudrow as Phoebe Buffay
Matt Le Blanc as Joey Tribbiani
Matthew Perry as Chandler Bing
David Schwimmer as Ross Geller

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Production Notes
  • Interactive Games
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Yesterday evening I felt like watching a good sitcom. And it has been a good 3 years since I watched this series... so grabbed the first disc of the first season Before I knew it I had watched the entire season.  Yup... looks like I got hooked watching a show once again. Even after seeing this show several times over... I still find myself literally laughing out loud many times through-out. This is definitely one of my all time favorite sitcoms. I don't know how far I will get into watching this series... but I am about to pop in the first disc of season 2 now.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 21, 2011, 01:02:21 PM »
Are you gonna go through the entire series again just like with Smallvile...? :o

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: September 21, 2011, 02:05:41 PM »
Honestly... no idea. Not sure I could between now and October. So doubtful.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 23, 2011, 12:52:14 AM »
     Friends: The Complete Second Season (1995/United States)

Through thick and thin, Friends has become one of the most enduring viewing habits in television history. This DELUXE 4-DISC SET OF THE COMPLETE SEASON TWO delivers a richer roast of Friends pleasure, as each episode now includes NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN MOMENTS to make each serving more delicious. More BONUS FEATURES have been percolated to make this the best Friends home video experience yet.

EPISODES:
1. The One with Ross's New Girlfriend
2. The One with the Breast Milk
3. The One Where Heckles Dies
4. The One with Phoebe's Husband
5. The One with Five Steaks and an Eggplant
6. The One with the Baby on the Bus
7. The One Where Ross Finds Out
8. The One with the List
9. The One with Phoebe's Dad
10. The One with Russ
11. The One With The Lesbian Wedding
12. The One After the Super Bowl
13. The One with the Prom Video
14. The One Where Ross and Rachel...You Know
15. The One Where Joey Moves Out
16. The One Where Eddie Moves In
17. The One Where Dr. Ramoray Dies
18. The One Where Eddie Won't Go
19. The One Where Old Yeller Dies
20. The One with the Bullies
21. The One with Two Parties
22. The One with the Chicken Pox
23. The One with Barry & Mindy's Wedding

Stars:
Jennifer Aniston as Rachel Green
Courteney Cox as Monica Geller
Lisa Kudrow as Phoebe Buffay
Matt Le Blanc as Joey Tribbiani
Matthew Perry as Chandler Bing
David Schwimmer as Ross Geller

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Production Notes
  • Interactive Games
  • Music Videos
  • DVD-ROM Content
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Last night I finished off Season 2 of Friends. Still enjoying re-watching it very much. Such a great sitcom... still laugh out loud whenever I watch it. This season has some pretty good recognizable guest stars. They include Max Wright (ALF), Catherine Bell (JAG), Arye Gross (Ellen), Michael McKeon (Laverne & Shirley), Audra Lindly (Three's Company), Peter Deluise (21 Jump Street) and Charlie Sheen (Two and a Half Men). now off to watch some of Season 3!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 26, 2011, 12:13:08 AM »
     The Twilight Zone: Season 4: Disc Three: The Definitive Edition (1963/United States)

Jess-Belle
Episode 109 - February 14, 1963
Billy-Ben Turner (James Best) finds himself enchanted by the beautiful Jess-Belle (Anne Francis), who soon learns the danger of buying a love spell from a witch.

Miniature
Episode 110 - February 21, 1963
Charley Parkes (Robert Duvall) is a shy bachelor who discovers a miniature doll apparently alive inside a 19th Century dollhouse. Fascinated, he whiles away the hours peering into this little world and wishing he were part of it.

Printer's Devil
Episode 111 - February 28, 1963
When a newspaper editor is at the brink of suicide as his paper is being driven out of business, the devious Mr. Smith (Burgess Meredith) presents an unususal deal guaranteed to boost circulation.

Stars:
Rod Serling
James Best
Anne Francis
Robert Duvall
Burgess Meredith

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
I just finished the 3rd disc of season 4 of the Twilight Zone. I am still not used to the hour long format in this season. I have always read that this is the weakest season... and now that I am half way through the season I think it is safe to say that I agree... this is definitely the weakest season I have seen so far. The first two episodes on the disc—Jess-Belle and Miniature—didn't do a very good job at keeping my interest at all. But I enjoyed every minute of Printer's Devil with Burgess Meredith. It seems... at least up to this point any episode with Burgess Meredith ends up being a favorite of mine. Unfortunately this seems to be the last episode of Twilight Zone that he did.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 29, 2011, 12:56:55 AM »
I haven't posted anything about watching Friends for 6 days now. But I have still been watching (and enjoying). Tonight I am finishing up season 5. Yup watched 3 seasons in 6 days!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 06, 2011, 09:31:39 PM »
As of yesterday evening I watched all 10 seasons of Friends!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 06, 2011, 10:50:47 AM »
     Ghost Whisperer: The Complete First Season: Disc 1 (2005/United States)

PILOT
Melinda is haunted by the spirit of a restless soldier who died 30 years ago in Vietnam. She helps the veteran and his living son find closure.

THE CROSSING
A boy, killed in a train accident, gets Melinda to find and convince the boy's mother that it was not her fault.

GHOST, INTERRUPTED
Following her twin sister's death, a young girl's strange behavior gets her placed in a psychiatric facility. Melinda discovers the girl's dead twin is haunting her and must help the sisters reconcile.

MENDED HEARTS
A dead triathlete enlists Melinda to save the life of his suicidal fiancée, by helping her find closure and new love with the man who received his donated heart.

Stars:
Jennifer Love Hewitt as Melinda Gordon
Aisha Tyler as Andrea Moreno
David Conrad as Jim Clancy

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Yesterday evening I got the strong urge to watch some of the early episodes of Ghost Whisperer. So decided to pop in the first disc of the first season. It was good going back and seeing who the series all started again. Not to mention seeing episodes with Andrea in them again. I really enjoyed every second of it. I don't know if I will go through and watch the entire series again... but I can see myself watching at least the first season.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 07, 2011, 12:32:08 PM »
     Ghost Whisperer: The Complete First Season: Disc 2 (2005/United States)

LOST BOYS
While cleaning the basement of an old inn, Melinda finds the lost spirits of three boys that died in an orphanage fire 50 years ago. She must help the boys pass on before the inn is destroyed and they become eternally earth-bound spirits.

HOMECOMING
Melinda assists an upset teenage ghost and learns something that will affect the lives of everyone the boy left behind.

HOPE AND MERCY
A woman who died during pregnancy can't cross over until her husband stops blaming himself. Plus, Andrea meets a con artist who discovers a surprise about her past.

ON THE WINGS OF A DOVE
Five years after his father's death, Jim begins acting strangely. Melinda notices and believes the problem is caused by his tortured spirit. Painful memories are brought back when she is surprised by a visit from a friend (Estella Warren).

Stars:

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Another disc full of great episodes. On this disc I would have to say that Lost Boys is my favorite episode. Least favorite is probably On the Wings of a Dove... though that one is still enjoyable as well. At this point in the series the show is still more drama then anything.... though by the end of this season to beginning of second season they add more thriller into the storylines.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 07, 2011, 06:35:14 PM »
     Star Trek: The Animated Series: Disc 1 (1973/United States)

1. Beyond the Farthest Star
Pulled towards an imploded negative star mass, the Enterprise encounters a strange starship inhabited by a shapeless evil being. When the creature takes control of the ship, Captain Kirk uses bold tactics to convince the creature that it is being lured to its death.

2. Yesteryear
Following a venture with the powerful Guardian of Forever, Mr. Spock is removed from history, despite being very much present aboard the Enterprise ! A distant memory allows the Vulcan to formulate a plan to restore himself to the timeline, by pretending to be his own cousin in the past.

3. One of Our Planets is Missing
A massive planet-destroying cloud threatens to destroy every planet in the galaxy. Pulled inside the cloud, the Enterprise crew realize that the entity is in fact, a sentient being. While Kirk speculates that the only way forward may be to kill the creature, Spock employs a more "Vulcan" approach.

4. The Lorelei Signal
In an uncharted region of space where Federation and Klingon vessels have been reported missing every 27 years, the male crew members are seduced by hallucinations of beautiful women. With the menfolk rendered uniconscious or ineffective by the sirens, Uhura assembles an all-female landing party to take control of the situation.

5. More Tribbles, More Troubles
Returning to the famine-stricken Sherman's planet, the Enterprise discovers that trader Cyrano Jones is being held captive by Klingon Captain Koloth. Although Kirk manages to rescue Jones, he discovers that the trader is carrying a new breed of tribbles which makes the troubles caused by the previous breed seem tiny by comparison.

6. The Survivor
When a long-lost philanthropist is discovered on board a damaged one-man vessel, his fiancée is delighted. However, when the returnee turns out to be a shape-shifting alien who later impersonates Kirk and orders the Enterprise into the dangerous Romulan Neutral Zone, the situation takes a turn for the worse.

Stars:
William Shatner as Capt. Kirk
Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock
DeForest Kelley as Dr. McCoy
James Doohan as Montgomery Scott
Nichelle Nichols as Uhura
George Takei as Hikaru Sulu

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is a show I haven't seen since I was a little kid. I went into it not sure how well it would hold up. But I should have known better then to worry... after all it is Star Trek. And I enjoyed the show just as much today as I did in my childhood. I like the fact that it has the cast from The Original Series doing the voices for the animated series. If I had to pick a favorite episode on this disc... and it wouldn't be easy as I enjoyed them all... I would have to go with More Tribbles, More Troubles. I like the fact that it is a subject that we are already familiar with from The Original Series. I am so glad I got this collection in my collection. A big Thank You to the friend that sent it to me!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 07, 2011, 11:53:22 PM »
     Ghost Whisperer: The Complete First Season: Disc 3 (2005/United States)

VOICES
Melinda has a horrible side effect upon meeting a spirit who communicates only via electronic devices. She assists the spirit in hopes of relieving her own ailments. Jim's mother brings an unexpected guest.

GHOST BRIDE
An evil spirit in a wedding gown tries to destroy the wedding of Melinda's friend Lisa. Melinda learns the spirit was supposed to marry Lisa's fiancée the day she died.

SHADOW BOXER
A recently dead woman will not pass over until her son, a boxer, reconciles with his father. Melinda helps the family comes to terms with their loss.

UNDEAD COMIC
Melinda meets the spirt of a comic who committed suicide and guides him towards making amends with those he left behind.

Stars:

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I just finished off Disc 3 of the first season set. Still really enjoying revisiting this series. Though the episodes on this disc isn't quite as good as the previous episodes... but they are close. Trying to pick a favorite episode on this disc is very hard as all the episodes here really are equally good. But I guess if pushed I would go with Undead Comic. And that is mostly because I always enjoyed stand up comedians. For the first time in this set I noticed a few guest stars I am familiar with. First on Voices is John M. Jackson (JAG),,, next on Shadow Boxer is Sonia Braga... and then on Undead Comic is Katey Sagal (Married with Children).

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete