Author Topic: The Flash Marathon  (Read 21136 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: The Flash Marathon
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2010, 12:55:08 AM »
The Flash Marathon

Image: The Flash Goes up against his own clone.

Episode 18 - Twin Streaks
Is Central City big enough for two hyper-speed heroes? A genetics lab secretly uses The Flash's blood to create a clone who's an exact match... except he is emotionally a child.

Guest Stars:
Mike Genovese as Lt. Warren Garfield
Charley Lang as Ted Whitcomb
Lenny von Dohlen as Jason Brassell

My Thoughts:
This one is a good episode. But I must admit it was strange seeing him act child-like for the clone character. But it is a good entertaining episode.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2010, 02:00:42 AM »
The Flash Marathon

Image: When Tina wants information... you better give it to her!

Episode 19 - Done With Mirrors
Meet Professor Zoom, eccentric creator of The Flash. Barry poses as the bogus scientist while attempting to unravel a criminal scheme aimed at selling stolen Star Labs inventions on the black market.

Guest Stars:
David Cassidy as Sam Scudder
Signy Coleman as Stasia Masters
Vito D'Ambrosio as Bellows
Biff Manard as Murphy
Carolyn Seymour as Jocelyn Weller

My Thoughts:
This is an ok episode... but was never one of my favorites. I found I just didn't care much about the main storyline. But it still has some entertaining moments.

My Rating:
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2010, 03:22:18 AM »
I'm definitely going to have to get back to watching this show...apparently, I missed several episodes during its original run.  The last episode reviewed so far, "Done With Mirrors", evokes memories of TWO other Flash villains from the comics.  One is The Mirror Master...and I think his real name in the comics was Sam Scudder, so the character in this episode must be at least inspsired by the comic book villain.  But you say The Flash also poses as Professor Zoom which is the name of another character in the comics who was also known as The Reverse-Flash.  He was a villain from the future (I think) and his colors were reversed but he wore a costume identical to The Flash...except the main part of his costume was yellow, with red trim instead of vice versa.  Yes, I read The Flash quite a bit!  :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2010, 02:20:43 PM »
The Flash Marathon

Image: Barry behind bars?

Episode 20 - Good Night, Central City
Sweet dreams, citizens. Thieves who possess a sleep-inducing machine plan to pick banks and jewelry stores clean while everyone in Central City experiences a deep slumber.

Guest Stars:
Bill Mumy as Roger Braintree
Richard Belzer as Joe Kline
Matt Landers as Harry Milgrim
Biff Manard as Murphy

My Thoughts:
A good episode. I did like seeing Barry Allen in a bit of trouble... needing to clear his name. Made for an interesting episode. This one has Bill Mumy in it. I know there was a kid actor in a few episodes of the original Twilight Zone by that name. But I have to wonder if this is the same person or not. I say that because this show was made in 90/91 and he only looked to be in his mid 20s. Though I guess he could have just looked young for his age and be in the mid 30s here. Making it possible I guess.

My Rating:
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2010, 03:00:33 PM »
I don't remember this episode...but I imagine it's the same Bill Mumy.  That Bill Mumy also was a regular on Lost In Space and appeared in a few episodes of Bewitched (and doubtless other shows).  Some actors just stay young-looking longer...call it the Dick Clark Syndrome  :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2010, 03:29:45 PM »
 :laugh: Yeah... you are probably right.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2010, 06:24:11 PM »
The Flash Marathon

Image: The Flash flies through the air from a single punch

Episode 21 - Alpha
Her crime: wanting to be free. A would-be android assassin produced by a top-secret government project escapes her creators and is befriended by Barry and Tina.

Guest Stars:
Biff Manard as Murphy
Dick Miller as Fosnight
Laura Robinson as Col. Powers
Claire Stansfield as Alpha

My Thoughts:
Another good episode. I enjoyed it. They did the android effects pretty cool... and it has an interesting story.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2010, 10:51:57 PM »
The Flash Marathon

Image: Trickster and his new sidekick Prank capture The Flash

Episode 22 - Trial of the Trickster
Can anyone out-trick the Trickster? Perhaps not after accomplice Prank helps him escape his trial... and after the mag magician roars through Central City with an unexpected partner-in-crime: The Flash!

Guest Stars:
Mark Hamill as The Trickster
Corinne Bohrer as Zoey
Richard Belzer as Joe Kline
Biff Manard as Murphy
Joyce Hyser as Megan Lockhart

My Thoughts:
This is a fun episode to end the series on. I am glad they got to revisit The Trickster before the series ended. Corinne Bohrer who played Prank/Zoey is one of those people I know I seen in things before... but never knew who she was. Just a familiar face. It was also good to see the character of Megan again as well. She is the Private Eye that discovered Barry is The Flash about half way into the series. I am sitting here now sorry that this marathon is over. I would have liked to seen at least one more season.

My Rating:
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2010, 10:57:47 PM »
I always liked Corinne Bohrer and I've seen her in a lot of things...movies, TV shows and (most recently) commercials.  I remember she was in a sitcom where she played a witch...I guess they were trying to do a new version of Bewitched without it being official.  But it was canceled very quickly.  I like how this episode ends.  Some city workers are amending the name of the city, adding a "Home of The Flash" kind of sign...and as we see them do this, The Flash whizzes by.  It's a sign that the city has finally accepted him as their hometown hero.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2010, 11:03:33 PM »
Over-All Thoughts on the Show
Over all this is a really fun show. I enjoyed it a lot. I just don't think it lasted long enough. I would liked to have seen at least one more season. I think the guy that played The Flash did a good job.... and I really liked the woman that played Dr. Tina McGee. Julio was a lot of fun to watch too... especially how he kept getting close to figuring out Barry is The Flash... but never actually finding out. Well except for when The Flash was sent into the Future... I would have kinda liked seeing Julio find out for real... but that would have ended all the fun situations of him coming close.

Over-All Thoughts on the DVD Release
It is a pretty good DVD release... though it could have been much better. The Audio/Video was fine in it. And thankfully it does has the play all function... that is of course a big plus. But no extras what so ever? None!?!  Not even any trailers for other release. A bit of a miss there! But I am glad I have all the episodes. That is the main thing of course. It just would have been nice to see some sort of extras on this set.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2010, 11:07:13 PM »
I always liked Corinne Bohrer and I've seen her in a lot of things...movies, TV shows and (most recently) commercials.  I remember she was in a sitcom where she played a witch...I guess they were trying to do a new version of Bewitched without it being official.  But it was canceled very quickly.  I like how this episode ends.  Some city workers are amending the name of the city, adding a "Home of The Flash" kind of sign...and as we see them do this, The Flash whizzes by.  It's a sign that the city has finally accepted him as their hometown hero.

After I posted that last episode review I checked to see what all I have Corinne Bohrer in. I pretty much mostly have her in odd episodes of several different TV Series. But one that I took a special note of was she played Lianne Mars (Veronica Mars' mother) in Veronica Mars (of course).

I agree with you about that ending.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2010, 11:11:06 PM »
Over all this is a really fun show. I enjoyed it a lot.
Imagine if it would have been the contrary. Not only you would have got a bad show, but bought it two times... It would have been very sad :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2010, 12:04:52 AM »
 :laugh: Well I knew that wouldn't be the case. This is after all the 3rd time I watched the series all the way through. When it originally aired Dawn and I never missed it.... when I originally got the (first) DVD set.... and now.  :thumbup:
Pete