Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: Anything Goes  (Read 19795 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: Anything Goes
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2010, 01:57:30 PM »

Title: The Watcher
Year: 2000
Director: Joe Charbanic
Rating: R
Length: 97 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English

Stars:
James Spader as Campbell
Marisa Tomei as Polly
Keanu Reeves as Griffin
Ernie Hudson as Ibby
Chris Ellis as Hollis

Plot:
Keanu Reeves ignites this action-packed, "superbly crafted thriller that zooms along like a sinister video game of hunter and prey!" (Richard Roeper, EBERT & ROEPER AND THE MOVIES)

After years of pursuing psychotic killers in Los Angeles, FBI agent Joel Campbell (James Spader) wants out. And now his nemesis, serial killer David Allen Griffin (Reeves), has tracked him all the way to Chicago just to torment him. Before each murder, Griffin sends Campbell a photograph of his intended victim and dares him to find her before he strikes again. Now, with every tick of the clock, and amidst pulse-pounding action, this stone-cold killer turns up the heat. Co-starring OscarĀ®-winner * Marisa Tomei, this game of cat and mouse will have you gasping for breath from its first terrifying frame until its final explosive conclusion!

* 1992 Best Supporting Actress, My Cousin Vinny.

Extras:
Scene Access
Trailers
Production Notes
DVD-ROM Content

My Thoughts:
This is a movie I bought blind (Never even heard of the movie before) when I found it in the Walmart bargain bin. It is definitely not the best serial killer movie I ever seen. But it is an entertaining movie. I liked most the cast in this movie... even if it didn't seem to be their best work. I also liked the storyline... but was expecting a little more from it. While it is worth watching... there is just something I can't put my finger on that is missing from the movie.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: Anything Goes
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2010, 05:36:58 AM »
Ah, but Roger, that's the great misunderstanding about horror fans. We can't be scared! It's like we're in on the joke with the film-makers. :laugh:
So true... Sometimes I am sad that it has come to this.

A film may scare me if I watch it in the cinema (due to the heightened focus to the film), but even then... The Descent is the only film in recent years genuinely freaked me out :laugh:

Then again, it's funny how one occasionally only realizes the tension a movie created at the moment when the muscles relax again (clenched hands or the sorts). :laugh: