Author Topic: Wonderfalls Marathon  (Read 3377 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Wonderfalls Marathon
« on: January 20, 2010, 01:44:19 AM »
Wonderfalls Marathon
Although a recent graduate of Brown University, Jaye Taylor decides to ignore her degree, live in a trailer and work at a tourist gift shop in Niagara Falls called Wonderfalls—much to the despair of her well-to-do family. But Jaye's aimless life takes a startling turn after a lion figurine begins talking to her. Her family calls it an "episode," but Jaye knows better. Fearing for her sanity, Jaye nevertheless starts doing exactly what an increasing number of inanimate objects tell her to do and is amazed when her outrageous actions begin changing people's lives in unexpected ways.

There was 13 episodes of Wonderfalls produced... but unfortunately the series was canceled after only 4 episodes. Luckily the DVD set contains all 13 produced episodes. And thankfully they knew about the cancellation early enough to tie up all the loose ends and give us a decent ending to the series.

Episodes:
1. Wax Lion
2. Pink Flamingos
3. Karma Chameleon
4. Wound-up Penguin
5. Crime Dog
6. Muffin Buffalo
7. Barrel Bear
8. Lovesick Ass
9. Safety Canary
10. Lying Pig
11. Cocktail Bunny
12. Totem Pole
13. Caged Bird

Stars:
Caroline Dhavernas as Jaye Tyler
Katie Finneran as Sharon Tyler
Tyron Leitso as Eric Gotts
Lee Pace as Aaron Tyler
William Sadler as Darrin Tyler
Diana Scarwid as Karen Tyler
Tracie Thoms as Mahandra
Pete

Critter

Re: Wonderfalls Marathon
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 02:00:05 AM »
I love this show! It used to be on all strange times here but I tried to catch an episode when I could, but then they stopped showing it so I missed a few episodes, I still don't even think I've seen them all but I absolutley loved it when it was on. Hmm maybe I should get it on DVD some time.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 02:08:19 AM »
1. WAX LION
Jaye thinks she's going insane after a defective wax lion and a brass monkey begin telling her to do thing--and she actually finds herself doing them!

My Thoughts:
This is a really good introduction to the characters. I like how they don't make it clear what it is talking to her through these inanimate objects. Whether is is God, The Devil or if she is just crazy. And talk about a date going wrong.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 01:03:41 PM »
2. PINK FLAMINGOS
Too many voices telling her what to do results in Jaye backing the family car over her father, then causing a high school classmate's husband to have a car accident.

My Thoughts:
Another fun episode. This one Jaye helps an old classmate she hates to put together their high school reunion. Which is of course against her character.... but the stuffed bass on the wall told her she had to... so what could she do?

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 01:53:36 PM »
3. KARMA CHAMELEON
It's like 'Single White Female' all over again when the young girl who Jaye helps get back on her feet slowly begins to assume Jaye's identity.

My Thoughts:
Once again an episode I enjoyed. It was fun seeing how crazy this other girl drove Jayne. Though I must admit the whole how many words you get in a cover blurb seemed pretty rediculous to me.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 02:54:55 PM »
4. WOUND-UP PENGUIN
Jaye becomes the subject of an exorcism after she tries to help a nun rediscover her faith by sharing her own experience with the talking inanimate objects.

My Thoughts:
While still good... I didn't care for this one quite as much as the previous episodes. I have to admit that the whole exorcism thing was pretty good.

My Rating:
Pete