Author Topic: Angel Marathon  (Read 37229 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Marathon
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2010, 10:24:21 PM »
Angel: Season 4

7. Apocalypse, Nowish
Original Air Date: 11/17/2002
When Cordelia's apocalyptic nightmares become a reality, Angel, Wesley, Gunn and Lorne find themselves powerless against The Beast (guest star Vladimir Kulich) who has risen from the center of the Earth, bringing earthquakes and a rain of fire to Los Angeles. Bloodied and beaten, Angel and his friends realize that they may not be able to stop the impending doom.

Guest Stars:
Stephanie Romanov
Daniel Dae Kim
Vladimir Kulich

My Thoughts:
Another episode I enjoyed. I like how the did "The Beast"... they made him look right cool. And the fight between him and Angel and the gang was a good one... The Beast is getting the best of them. Which of course makes for a good... exciting episode.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2010, 10:37:33 PM »

8. Habeas Corpses
Original Air Date: 1/15/2003
When Angel realizes that there may be some connection between Connor and the Beast, he learns that Connor is trapped within Wolfram & Hart where the building is under lock-down and the Beast is on a brutal killing spree. Angel, Wesley, Gunn and Fred break into the building, only to be encountered by zombies of dead lawyers.

Guest Stars:
Stephanie Romanov
Daniel Dae Kim
Vladimir Kulich

My Thoughts:
This one I liked a whole lot! And I must say I got a good laugh out of Connor comparing angel to the Zombies... A slow, dimwitted undead thing that craves human flesh!  :laugh: That just could have been the best laugh I had so far in this series. Obviously Angel is not very happy with Cordelia right now for sleeping with Connor. But that is ok... Pretty soon we will have "Shiny Happy People"

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2010, 01:28:37 AM »

9. Long Day's Journey
Original Air Date: 1/22/2003
The Beast is searching for 5 mystical Totems, he has slaughtered 3 of them, plus the little girl in Wolfram & Hart. The last Totem is a guy named Manny, he seeks help from Gwen Raiden and Angel Investigations. 

Guest Stars:
Alexa Davalos
Jack Kehler
Michael Chinyamurindi
Vladimir Kulich

My Thoughts:
Another episode I really liked. In this episode we see Gwen again. The thief that has the power to control electricity. And we have another scene of the team fighting the Beast... and once again not beating him. But they do find out that they need info stuck deep inside of Angel... matter of fact to get the info... they need Angelus. This episode must have aired on the around the time of Glenn Quinn's death (Season 1 - Doyle)... because at the end of the episode they had a note up saying In Loving Memory of Glenn Quinn.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2010, 03:12:46 PM »

10. Awakening
Original Air Date: 1/29/2003
After Cordelia's revelation that Angelus and The Beast made a pact, the gang determines that they must turn Angel into Angelus to end the eternal darkness. For that transformation to take place, Angel must lose his soul by experiencing a moment of pure happiness..

Guest Stars:
Vladimir Kulich
Roger Yuan
Larry McCormick

My Thoughts:
A great episode... I enjoyed every second of it. I must admit... it didn't go exactly as I remembered it. But the outcome was the same. I especially enjoyed both the search for the needed sword as well as the fight with the Beast.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2010, 07:50:47 PM »

11. Soulless
Original Air Date: 2/5/2003
With Angel's soul locked away in a safe, the gang begin interrogation. Angelus has the gang arguing after he reveals the truth behind their recent actions.

Guest Stars:
Vladimir Kulich

My Thoughts:
Another excellent episode. I always liked the Evil Angel episodes. Both here on Angel as well as on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I am starting to remember more and more about this storyline... but even with that I am still enjoying every minute of it. Now that they got Angel's soul out... and have it locked away in the safe... what happens? They of course go back to the safe to find his soul missing.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 17, 2010, 10:13:45 PM »

12. Calvary
Original Air Date: 2/12/2003
The gang rush to confront Wo-Pang about the missing soul, but he doesn't have it. When they arrive home they find Lilah on the cameras, talking to Angelus about 'taking care of The Beast'. They follow her and discover the information that Wolfram & Hart stole from Lorne's head.

Guest Stars:
Stephanie Romanov
Vladimir Kulich

My Thoughts:
We are really on a role with some excellent episodes! Another one I loved every minute of. Lilah shows back up in this episode. And we also learn who it is that is working with The Beast. And a nice surprise that is.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 17, 2010, 11:13:41 PM »

13. Salvage
Original Air Date: 3/5/2003
Angel's evil alter ego, who's out of his cage and pursuing the Beast, hits a pool hall packed with vamps to see if he can determine the demon's hideout. Meanwhile, at the hotel, Wes goes about the grisly task of dispatching Lilah's corpse, as Lorne, Fred and Gunn gather ingredients for a protective sanctuary spell. But the gang is all too familiar with the unpredictability of magic, so Wes pays a visit to the incarcerated Faith to try to persuade her to join the team in the race to prevent Armageddon.

Guest Stars:
Stephanie Romanov
Vladimir Kulich
Eliza Dushku

My Thoughts:
And we have yet another excellent episode! It is so good to see Faith again! And I must say... she knows how to make an exit. Her exit escaping from prison was very cool! And wow! what a fight between Faith and The Beast & Angelus. Lots of action packed excitement in this one!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2010, 12:24:00 AM »

14. Release
Original Air Date: 3/12/2003
Angelus continues his search for The Beast's mysterious master, never suspecting that it could be someone close to him. Meanwhile, Faith and Angelus do battle while Cordelia convinces Connor to keep their baby a secret.

Guest Stars:
Eliza Dushku

My Thoughts:
Once again... I am really loving every second of it. Evil Angel, Faith... what's not to like? And what an ending to this episode! I know how it all turns out and I am still all excited watching it!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2010, 01:26:22 AM »

15. Orpheus
Original Air Date: 3/19/2003
While in their drug-induced comas, Angelus and Faith (guest star Eliza Dushku) experience flashbacks of Angel's good deeds over the centuries; Fred calls in Willow, the only person ever able to restore Angel's soul and asks her to help them do it again.

Guest Stars:
Alyson Hannigan
Eliza Dushku

My Thoughts:
Woohoo... now we have Willow in an episode! She was always one of my favorites on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She made a good vampire too in the alternate universe. With Willow here... this is obviously the last of the Angelus storyline. My favorite storyline for the entire series. I really liked everything about this episode... but I especially enjoyed the Angelus/Faith flashbacks.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2010, 11:42:50 PM »

16. Players
Original Air Date: 3/26/2003
Angel and the gang set out to find out as much as they can about Cordelia's pregnancy and the identity of The Beast's master while Gwen Raiden (guest star Alexa Davalos) enlists Gunn's help to crash a black-tie affair and rescue a kidnapped girl.

Guest Stars:
Alexa Davalos
Dana Lee
David Monahan
Hope Shin

My Thoughts:
Another good episode... though not quite as good as the "Evil Angel" episodes. What can I say... I like it when Angel goes all bad-ass in the episodes.  :P

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2010, 01:17:27 AM »

17. Inside Out
Original Air Date: 4/2/2003
Desperate to find out why Cordelia has turned to the dark side, Angel goes to demon Skip for answers. Forcing the truth out of him, Angel learns that all that's transpired, Connor's birth, Cordelia's ascension to the higher plane, Angel turning into Angelus and Cordelia's pregnancy, were all a part of a higher being's plan to create something even more powerful than itself.

Guest Stars:
Gina Torres
David Denman
Stephi Lineburg
Julie Benz

My Thoughts:
Another right good episode. We even get to see Darla and the demon Skip again. And everything is pretty much tied up in this episode to reveal the answer to any questions from this season to this point.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2010, 12:29:28 AM »

18. Shiny Happy People
Original Air Date: 4/9/2003
As Cordelia lies in a coma following her demonic delivery, the rest of the gang becomes acquainted with---and enchanted by---her unexpected offspring. But when Fred sees something the others don't (or won't), she finds herself all alone and on the run.

Guest Stars:
Gina Torres

My Thoughts:
A good episode... I enjoyed it. I like how they made Jasmine "really" look. After watching this episode you can't help but to want to watch the next episode to see where it goes from here.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2010, 01:26:43 AM »

19. The Magic Bullet
Original Air Date: 4/16/2003
With Angel and the others under Jasmine's extraordinarily divine power, Fred's life is in danger and she goes on the run. After discovering the secret to breaking Jasmine's spell over the nation's citizens, Fred must find a way to save the others before she's captured and killed.

Guest Stars:
Gina Torres
Danny Woodburn
Patrick Fischler

My Thoughts:
Enjoyed this episode as well. Fred figures out how to get Angel to see what she sees... and between the 2 of them the get the rest of the group to see it too. But now they are all on the run. As I know many of you here like Firefly... Jasmine is played by the actress that plays Zoe. But she will only be on the series for 2 more episodes now.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2010, 12:35:15 AM »

20. Sacrifice
Original Air Date: 4/23/2003
Angel and the gang are now reunited, but they must hide out in the sewers to escape from Jasmine and her followers. While walking around, they encounter a large group of teenagers. Wesley is captured by a creature dwelling further in the sewers, who gives him some helpful information. Meanwhile, Connor realizes Cordelia is missing.

Guest Stars:
Gina Torres
Avery Kidd Waddell
Michah Henson

My Thoughts:
An excellent episode... I enjoyed every minute of it.I especially liked the way they did the spider creature.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2010, 01:50:33 AM »

21. Peace Out
Original Air Date: 4/30/2003
Angel goes on a mission to find proof that his son Connor wasn’t simply a vessel designed to bring the evil Jasmine (guest star Gina Torres), who is hell-bent on destroying everyone, into the world. Meanwhile, Connor goes in search of the missing Cordelia.

Guest Stars:
Gina Torres
Stephanie Romanov
Robert Towers

My Thoughts:
Another good episode. Though not quite as good as the previous one. This is the final episode of Jasmine. Kind of weird seeing the "big bad" being taken care of an episode before the season finale. But if I remember right Buffy the Vampire Slayer did this same thing one season also.

My Rating:
Pete