Author Topic: Critter's Random DVD Watchings  (Read 31689 times)

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Critter's Random DVD Watchings
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2010, 03:37:05 PM »
I may dream but I do not ever remember them. But, I do have strange visions (I call them "tingles") while I'm awake. When I get one I know exactly what is going to happen and it does.

For example, I took my family to the Bill's "greatest comeback ever" game. Everyone wanted to leave but I knew we were going to comeback and win. I kept saying that I had the tingle and they still didn't believe me...until it started to happen.

Or another time I was following a semi carrying a huge load of round metal tubes. As we were coming to the next intersection, I told my mom I had the tingles and said what was going to happen. The truck stopped at the red light. I blocked both lanes with my car and stopped several hundred feet away. The rolls of metal tubes broke away and fell off the truck and scattered all over the road.

I have had things like this happen to me hundreds of times. When I get the sensation, I know what I feel is going to occur. I have no control over it and can't predict when I will get them. But, I trust them and always believe them when I do.

Do you also see dead people and suddenly your breath turns to vapor? Oh, wait a minute, you live in Buffalo, your breath probably does that all the time. :whistle: :laugh:

Najemikon

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2010, 09:31:50 PM »
Fun conversation! I dream a lot about people I know, alive and dead, but doing the most bizarre damn things. And so funny too.

One of my favourites is I remember sensing a bright glow from the back of the house. Now we have a really long garden, and I looked out the back window and could see what looked like wildfire behind the top fence. I went downstairs and looked out another window. Now I could see it was a huge wall of flame that had destroyed the fence and was that much closer. I shouted my mum to come and look. By the time we both look out the window again, the wall of flame is half way towards us and is looking very end-of-the-world imposing. Now my mum has a very dry sense of humour and deals with most problems with a rather "so what now?" expression. Typically, she turned to me, rolled her eyes and said, "it's destroyed the f***ing shed. tch". That's where it ended!  :laugh:

I wish it was something interesting, but sometimes I've dreamt about very mundane things that have happened. Deja Vu, yes, but one I remember dreaming and it was full of strangers. I was reminded of it when I met them...  ???

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2010, 12:20:09 AM »
Antares, I'll have you know that in April Buffalo's temp was in the 80s (Fahrenheit) most of the month!

but its rainy and only in the 60s today

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2010, 12:33:07 AM »
Antares, I'll have you know that in April Buffalo's temp was in the 80s (Fahrenheit) most of the month!

but its rainy and only in the 60s today

:laugh:

Critter

« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2010, 12:42:37 AM »
By the time we both look out the window again, the wall of flame is half way towards us and is looking very end-of-the-world imposing. Now my mum has a very dry sense of humour and deals with most problems with a rather "so what now?" expression. Typically, she turned to me, rolled her eyes and said, "it's destroyed the f***ing shed. tch". That's where it ended!  :laugh:

I have had a couple of end of the world type dreams as well. One I remember very specifically was when I was in the streets of my town (except it looked all different), I was with a few friends, it was nighttime and very large rockets were falling from the sky everywhere and exploding. Oddly enough it's always these dreams I feel the calmest in, I sort of ran around a bit but then I remember looking at the rain of explosive rockets and thinking them somewhat pretty.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2010, 12:49:19 AM »
By the time we both look out the window again, the wall of flame is half way towards us and is looking very end-of-the-world imposing. Now my mum has a very dry sense of humour and deals with most problems with a rather "so what now?" expression. Typically, she turned to me, rolled her eyes and said, "it's destroyed the f***ing shed. tch". That's where it ended!  :laugh:

I have had a couple of end of the world type dreams as well. One I remember very specifically was when I was in the streets of my town (except it looked all different), I was with a few friends, it was nighttime and very large rockets were falling from the sky everywhere and exploding. Oddly enough it's always these dreams I feel the calmest in, I sort of ran around a bit but then I remember looking at the rain of explosive rockets and thinking them somewhat pretty.

I guess you can slough off the thought of Armageddon if you're from Australia, seeing as how you made Mad Max and The Road Warrior:laugh:

Critter

« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2010, 12:52:19 AM »
I uh... haven't seen either of those films.
 :-[
 :bag:

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2010, 12:59:01 AM »
I uh... haven't seen either of those films.
 :-[
 :bag:

:o

Critter

« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2010, 01:00:27 AM »
I know it's a disgrace, I just never get around to it. Even though I haven't see Mad Max though I have seen the original car used in the film at an Australian film exhibition once.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2010, 01:03:41 AM »
It's ok as long as you don't tell us that you are a fan of Yahoo Serious...

Critter

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2010, 01:06:48 AM »
As much as I can recall I don't think I have ever seen anything by Serious, so I'm not exactly sure if I'm a fan or not.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2010, 01:13:00 AM »
I've only seen one of his films and didn't find it funny. But maybe it's because it was a version dub in french :shrug:

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2010, 01:17:34 AM »
I've only seen one of his films and didn't find it funny. But maybe it's because it was a version dub in french :shrug:

It ain't the dubbing Jimmy, the movie stinks.  :yucky:

Critter

« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2010, 01:20:23 AM »
I have to admit, when Jimmy just asked me if I liked his works I actually had to google Yahoo Serious becuase I didn't know who it was. I am very much out of the loop with Australian films most of the time.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2010, 01:23:50 AM »
I have to admit, when Jimmy just asked me if I liked his works I actually had to google Yahoo Serious becuase I didn't know who it was. I am very much out of the loop with Australian films most of the time.

Yahoo Serious is Australia's version of Pauly Shore.  :laugh: