Author Topic: My 25 Days of Christmas Marathon  (Read 25590 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: My 25 Days of Christmas Marathon
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2007, 10:58:22 PM »
December 19th

M*A*S*H: Dear Dad
In a letter home to his father, Hawkeye describes the antics of the 4077 and how he had to fly to the front dressed as Santa to save a young soldier's life.

My Thoughts:
fun episode.... especially liked the scene of Santa hanging down from the helicopter to save the soldier. The letter home format was used in many episodes of this series... and were always some of my favorite episodes.
Pete

richierich

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2007, 11:22:11 PM »
December 19th

M*A*S*H: Dear Dad
In a letter home to his father, Hawkeye describes the antics of the 4077 and how he had to fly to the front dressed as Santa to save a young soldier's life.

My Thoughts:
fun episode.... especially liked the scene of Santa hanging down from the helicopter to save the soldier. The letter home format was used in many episodes of this series... and were always some of my favorite episodes.

Thanks Pete - I'll slip this in to my marathon this month  :thumbup:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2007, 12:02:03 AM »
hope you enjoy as much as I did! :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2007, 11:29:08 AM »
Meant to get this posted yesterday... but slipped my mind.

December 20th

Joey: Joey and the Plot Twist
Joey can't get into the Christmas spirit in sunny L.A. The season gets bluer when he discloses a Deep Powder plot twist to the press and worries that the producer might retaliate by killing off his character.

My Thoughts:
As a big fan of Friends... I was excited about a spin-off for Joey. But as many felt... Joey left a lot to be desired. That said I did enjoy the series... and hope to see the second (last) season released so I could complete my collection. It was still a decent show. I especially liked the Christmas episode. I thought it made sense that it wou7ldn't feel like Christmas in LA for someone from the eastern coast. Of course it is to the extreme with Joey... in the usual Joey style. So there was a few decent laughs in this episode.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2007, 09:21:57 PM »
December 21st

Tru Calling: 'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS... AGAIN
Harrison suspects his father is having an affair only to catch him meeting with Jack Harper, and Tru reluctantly allowsJack to help her after an old cadaver asks for help.

My Thoughts:
You know I had to do it... just had to watch the Christmas episode of Tru Calling! This was unfortunately the last episode ever made. Since it was cut so short there is a lot of unanswered questions... as well as a lot set up for what they thought would be upcoming episodes. this series was getting so good... it still steams me that the series was canceled the way it was. A great episode of a wonderful series that ended way too soon.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2007, 11:24:05 PM »

Veronica Mars: An Echolls Family Christmas
California Hold 'em. Weevil's the big winner at Logan Echolls' poker party but the $5,000 pot disappears. Keith attends the Echolls' swank Christmas party to discover who's been stalking Logan's father.

My Thoughts:
This was such a great series. I just loved the smart-ass attitude that Veronica Mars always had. The Christmas Party case Veronica's father was interesting... but felt more like filler to add more Christmas to the episode. The real mystery was Veronica's (of course)... but it really had nothing to do with Christmas. A really good episode though.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2007, 02:40:45 PM »
December 22nd

Veronica Mars: One Angry Veronica
Called to jury duty over Christmas break, Veronica must sit on a difficult, polarizing case against a pair of affluent 09'er defendants accused of assaulting a young Hispanic woman.

My Thoughts:
This was one of those episodes that Christmas was no more then the background to the episode... The mystery had nothing to do with Christmas what so ever. It was still a very good episode. I really liked how Veronica handled herself in the jury room.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2007, 12:32:13 AM »

Sliders: Season's Greedings
The Sliders arrive on a world consumed by consumerism, and where most of the population have moved into giant malls in the sky. They are forced to dive into this twisted world when a mother abandons her child in Arturo's arms to return to a life of slavery at the mall.

My Thoughts:
This was a great episode of Sliders. It was hilarious to see Professor Arturo dressed as Santa... and at the same time it was good to see them spreading the true meaning of Christmas in a world that was taken over with consumerism.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2007, 01:09:53 AM »
December 23rd

Grey's Anatomy: Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer
Cristina and Burke squabble over a young boy's heart transplant, as the interns pitch in to help Alex pass his upcoming exam and Meredith reminds Izzie about the spirit of the season.

My Thoughts:
Really good episode... I enjoyed it a lot. It was sad to see that young boy not wanting the new heart... knowing another kid had to die for him to get it. Another guy has to have... not one... but 2 brain surgeries after he falls off the roof doing Christmas decorations. Watching this episode I remembered how much I enjoyed this hospital series... I really need to get the 3rd season into my collection.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2007, 03:03:33 PM »
December 24th

How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Discover the Magic of the Mean One this holiday season! Oscar-winning director RON HOWARD and Oscar-winning producer BRIAN GRAZER bring Christams' best-loved grump to life with the help of the irrepressible JIM CARREY as The Grinch. The Grinch is a celebration of the holdiay spirit no home should be without! Why is The Grinch (Carrey) such a grouch? No one seems to know, until little Cindy Lou Who (Taylor Momsen) takes matters into her own hands and turns both Whoville and The Grinch's world upside down, inside out... and funny side up in her search for the true meaning of Christmas.

My Thoughts:
I have watched this movie with my daughter Brittany every since it first came out at the theater. This is her favorite Christmas movie. I enjoy it as well... though I wouldn't call it a favorite of mine. But definitely a good movie for the holiday season.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2007, 09:17:15 PM »

Blue Collar TV: Christmas
Larry shows Children the "true" meaning of Christmas, using a politically correct fairy tale. Ronnie and Blake try to teach Dooley to walk -- to save Christmas. The Tackett family realizes that there is no where else like the mobile home for the holidays.

My Thoughts:
I know many don't but I always loved the Blue Collar TV style of Comedy. I just had to watch the Christmas episode again this year. This is just a hilarious episode poking fun of basically everything Christmas!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2007, 11:12:47 PM »
December 25th

The Dead Zone: A Very Dead Zone Christmas
When female psychic Alex Sinclair pays Johnny a surprise Christmas visit, the two work together to solve the mystery of one very lost and confused Santa.

My Thoughts:
There for a moment I started to think I would not get the chance to watch something for my marathon today... been a very hectic day! This episode is a good Christmas special... but not the best Dead Zone episode I have seen. But somehow since it was released I have watched it in every Christmas marathon I have had.
Pete