Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: Laugh Riot  (Read 16465 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: Laugh Riot
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2009, 05:07:14 PM »

Little Rascals: Hook and Ladder
No sooner does the gang start their own fire department, than they've got their own fire! "1st Fire Chief" Dickie Moore, Stymie and tag-along Spanky are hot to put out the blaze -- but they have to find it first. Four-alarm fun.

My Thoughts:
My goodness Spanky was young in this one. It was apparently before Alfalfa. It is a short from 1932. And was a fun one at that. I thought it was hilarious when they were trying to give Spanky his medicine. Brittany watched this short with me. Her first time seeing the Little Rascals. When I asked what she thought.... she said it was really funny... and she wants to be sure to watch more of the shorts.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: Laugh Riot
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2009, 06:46:00 PM »

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Blonde, bouncy Buffy (KRISTY SWANSON) is your typical high school cheerleader - her goal is to "marry Christian Slater and die" and nothing gets in her way when it's time to shop. But all that changes when a strange man (DONALD SUTHERLAND) informs her she's been chosen by fate to kill vampires. With the help of a romantic rebel (LUKE PERRY), Buffy is soon spending school nights protecting L.A. from Lothos, the Vampire King (RUTGER HAUER), his sidekick, Lefty (PAUL REUBENS), and their determined gang of bloodsuckers. It's everything you'd expect from a teen queen in the Valley.

My Thoughts:
I know a lot of people that prefer the TV Series to this movie... and I agree... I do enjoy the series more... but I do still enjoy the movie as well. The thing is... with this one... I do definitely enjoy it and find myself coming back to it multiple times. But I have no idea why I enjoy watching this movie as much as I do. It isn't particularly that funny... but all the same I still really get a kick out of it.[/b]

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

NOTE TO JIMMY: This is a recycled review... no need to add it to the list.
Pete