Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package?  (Read 141496 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Another DVD Care Package?
« on: June 14, 2009, 03:47:12 PM »
Looks like my good friend Roger, the guy that is getting me more and more into classic movies and Westerns, is going to be sending me another package.

This time it all started because of my Superhero Marathon... talking about how much I enjoyed the Ultimate Avengers animated movies. He said he has double copies of 4 comics where The Avengers and the Justice League join forces in crossover comics... sending me a picture of 2 of the 4 comics he will be sending me...

Looks like some fun comics... And I haven't read a single comic since I was a kid!  :P I get a kick out of that comic cover on the left... all the heroes looking off to the left... except Iron Man is looking off to the right... I can just hear him... what? Where? I don't see anything!   :P  But I have to admit... I like the cover with a tattered Superman holding Thor's Hammer and Captain America's Shield.

So he said he wasn't sure exactly when... but he would send me those comics before too long. Then this morning I wake up to an email from him asking me if I have this movie...

Wyatt Earp: 2 Disc Special Edition

... as he saw he has 2 copies of it and would send me one with my comics If I don't have it. I of course emailed him and told him I don't have it and would be more then happy to get it. Here I was thinking of watching Open Range soon... but now I may wait so I can watch it along with Wyatt Earp!

Then I noticed at the bottom of the email that he said he will probably also be sending me some surprise dvds in my package as well.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Another DVD Care Package?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 12:38:47 AM »
Wow this package he is planning on sending me is really growing! Here is what I know he is at least planning so far...

- 4 Comics
- Wyatt Earp (Western... Kevin Costner)
- 40 Guns (Western... Barbara Stanwyck)
- he didn't name it but the first sequel to "The Magnificent Seven" (Western)
- a *cough*bootleg*cough" DVD with 4 episodes of classic Saturday morning Cheese-fest Electra Woman and Dyna Girl
- The Bela Lugosi Collection... contains Scared To Death and The Devil Bat
- Nabonga and The Gorilla double Feature.
- White Zombie... I have a very poor (UNWATCHABLE) copy of this... and hated it when I tried to watch it... he said this is a good print and I should give it another chance.
- House on Haunted Hill and The Bat... Vincent Price Double Feature.
- Surprise movie serial he refuses to name #1
- Surprise Movie Serial he refuses to name #2

OK... so at this point that is 10 DVDs and 4 comics he is planning to send me! Though he did say it could be a while before he actually gets it in the mail. Hopefully I will have some new classic horror to watch in October!  ;D
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 01:12:37 AM »
Why don't I have friends like this? "Here, have a box of some cool shit..."    :shrug: :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 01:22:29 AM »
 :laugh: Sorry Jon!
BTW... any idea what the first sequel to "The Magnificent Seven" is?
Pete

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 03:11:17 AM »
- 40 Guns (Western... Barbara Stanwyck)

One of my favorite Westerns, probably because it really isn't one, more a somewhat kinky Noir take on the genre. Plus, one of the best walk ups to a confrontation ever.
Matthias

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 05:59:20 AM »
:laugh: Sorry Jon!
BTW... any idea what the first sequel to "The Magnificent Seven" is?

I IMDb'sd it for you:
The Return of the Seven
:P

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 06:27:59 AM »
Why don't I have friends like this? "Here, have a box of some cool shit..."    :shrug: :P

Me too.  No one ever sends me stuff.  Oh well, looks like you've got a nice selection of goodies coming.

Rogmeister

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 10:55:09 PM »
That package has now been sent.  It includes even more stuff  :o

I threw in a 3rd serial and the movie "From Hell".  Anything else?  I can't recall right now. 

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 11:03:27 PM »
Really looking forward to it Roger! I especially can't wait to see what movie serials you included since you left those to be a surprise!  :P

If the package comes after the 1st the classic horror will have to wait till October. Because starting July 1st I will be ATTEMPTING to abstain from horror till my Month Long Horror/Halloween Marathon.  If I make it that will mean I will be 92 Days Horror Free... Oh my goodness... 92 Days??... I not sure I can go that long without horror!  :shrug:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 11:10:05 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 07:59:56 AM »
Well at least you'll have some new horror stuff once October gets here. :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 01:22:48 PM »
yup... I am looking for the package to come any day now. :) Thankfully there is more then horror in the package so I will have some stuff I will be able to watch right away. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 08:15:35 PM »
Well... our good friend Roger is at it once again. I just got an email from him saying he just sent me another DVD Care Package. It is on the way!

I don't know exactly what all he sent me... but going by the multiple emails we exchanged the last couple weeks. Here is ones he mentioned that I will most likely be seeing at least...

- Black Sunday (1960 - Mario Bava)
- Destination Moon (1950)
- El Dorado (1967 - Howard Hawks)
- Gorgo (1961)
- The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra (2001)
- Tron (1982 - First Release)

He also said that there will be a good half a dozen or so old time movie serials he will be sending me. Not listing the titles... but he did mention a boot of an old Green Hornet serial that he threw in there. And if I am not mistaken he also mentioned there may be a couple other Westerns he may have thrown in as well.

Now... how much of that actually came to be I can't say for sure. I will see within the next few days... as that is how long it usually takes for his packages to get to me. And don't worry... this is not a one way street....

I am in the middle of making up a DVD Care Package for him as well. Containing several movies I seldomly watched/disliked/or have multiple copies of. Including the first copy of King Kong (2005) now that I have the Deluxe Extended Edition.  :thumbup:
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 08:32:55 PM »
Yes, that's a pretty accurate description of what I included...I'm not absolutely positive how many serials I tossed in there but I threw in more than I originally planned because the only box I had available to use was larger than I expected.  It seems there is a limit to the sub-genres of serials so all I'll say is the package includes crimefighters (the previously mentioned Green Hornet), sci-fi, jungle, aviation and (indeed) westerns.  Pete better stock up on snacks for he may be at his TV for ashile!  :tv:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 08:50:25 PM »
 :laugh: I will be stocking up on the pop-corn... that is for sure! Once again Roger... I really appreciate all the dvds you have sent me. Now and in the past. Believe me they are going to a good home... and are being watched over and over again what with a household of 5 people.  :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 09:11:16 PM »
I am in the middle of making up a DVD Care Package for him as well. Containing several movies I seldomly watched/disliked/or have multiple copies of.
Way to thank someone if you send him The Sorority and The Curse of Lizzie Borden :laugh: