Author Topic: James Bond Marathon  (Read 104846 times)

RossRoy

Re: James Bond Marathon
« Reply #165 on: July 08, 2010, 11:44:37 PM »
Wow I'd never heard that before
 :o

Thanks, Achim.

You're welcome RossRoy  :tease: :laugh:

For a moment there, I thought I'd lost a beat! Then I figured out what happened  :laugh:

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 09, 2010, 12:39:20 AM »
Wow I'd never heard that before
 :o

Thanks, Achim.

You're welcome RossRoy  :tease: :laugh:

For a moment there, I thought I'd lost a beat! Then I figured out what happened  :laugh:

Hope I didn't cause you any confusion, your's was the name I first saw on my game list when I was posting my response.  :laugh:

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 26, 2012, 10:00:46 PM »

Title: James Bond: Dr. No
Year: 1962
Director: Terence Young
Rating: 15 years
Length: 110 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.66:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Tysk: DTS: 5.1, Fransk: DTS: 5.1, Spansk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portugisisk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Czech: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Czech, Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Hollandsk, Kinesisk, Norsk, Portugisisk, Spansk, Svensk, Tysk, Kommentar

Stars:
Sean Connery
Ursula Andress
Joseph Wiseman
Jack Lord (1920)
Bernard Lee (1908)
Anthony Dawson

Plot:
James Bond (007) is Britain's top agent and is on an exciting mission, to solve the mysterious murder of a fellow agent. The task sends him to Jamacia, where he joins forces with Quarrel and a loyal CIA agent, Felix Leiter. While dodging tarantulas, "fire breathing dragons" and a trio of assassins, known as the three blind mice. Bond meets up with the beautiful Honey Ryder and goes face to face with the evil Dr. No

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Dokumentar
Gallery

My Review:
Finally got my James Bond set :D so finally got started! What can i say about this movie? I really enjoyed this, didnt know what to expect really on bluray. But they have done a great job IMO. Both picture and sound wise. And for the movie itself i too really enjoyed it, the story a bit different than the usual "Bond story\arc" but still a pretty decent one. And the lead roles did a great job aswell. And if you have in mind the movie was made in 1962, amazing! And Sean Connery as Mr.Bond, also perfect. I think he might be my favourite James Bond actor. Great movie, great start! Cant wait for the next one!
Hopefully i will get to that a bit later, if i got the time!
But of course, highly recommanded!

My Rating:
 ;D
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #168 on: September 26, 2012, 10:33:58 PM »
Welcome to this marathon! I have added you to the table in the first post.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 26, 2012, 10:50:25 PM »
Thank you so much Tom! Really appreciate it :)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #170 on: September 27, 2012, 12:23:18 AM »
And Sean Connery as Mr.Bond, also perfect. I think he might be my favourite James Bond actor.

No doubt about it, Connery is an awesome Bond. I will say something a little controversial though! I honestly think that Pierce Brosnan was the best Bond - he just happened to not get given the best Bond movies (apart from Goldeneye). Brosnan really got shorted IMO and is certainly the most underrated Bond so far.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 27, 2012, 12:52:13 AM »
You know, i actually like Pierce Brosnan as an actor.. But its so many years ago since i watched him as
James Bond, that i dont remember much. But i liked him in Goldeneye. Looking forward to watch all the
James Bond movies again. :)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 27, 2012, 01:06:53 AM »

Title: James Bond - From Russia with Love
Year: 1963
Rating: 15 år
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.66:1
Audio: Engelsk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Engelsk: DTS: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Greek, Hindu, Hollandsk, Norsk, Svensk, Kommentar

Stars:
Sean Connery
Daniela Bianchi
Pedro Armendariz
Lotte Lenya
Robert Shaw
Bernard Lee (1908)

Plot:
James Bond 007 is on the search for a Russian decoding machine, known as Lektor. Bond needs to find this machine, before the evil SPECTRE organization discovers it first. Whilst being romantically linked with Russian girl, Tatiana Romanova, Bond sneaks his way around Istanbul, whilst each SPECTRE agent tries to pick him off, including the over powering Donald 'Red' Grant and ex-KGB agent Rosa Klebb who knows all the tricks in the books and even possesses an incredible poison tipped shoe!

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Dokumentar
Gallery
Booklet, Radio Spots

My Review:
Well, this one has some of the same elements as the first movie. They are starting of strong with this franchise, and here too they have done a great job with both the picture quality and the sound. Very good! The story was an ok story, but the movie was a bit slow at times. The train ride, nothing much happend really, until the end of the train ride. Could done alot more there IMO. But Mr.Connery does a great job again as the special agent! Still a solid peformance by all involved! Cant wait to start on the number 3  :)
Hopefully i'll get some James Bond in tomorrow aswell!
Its soon October, and then its a month break from James Bond! :o

My Rating:
 :D
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 27, 2012, 05:25:43 PM »
And Sean Connery as Mr.Bond, also perfect. I think he might be my favourite James Bond actor.

No doubt about it, Connery is an awesome Bond. I will say something a little controversial though! I honestly think that Pierce Brosnan was the best Bond - he just happened to not get given the best Bond movies (apart from Goldeneye). Brosnan really got shorted IMO and is certainly the most underrated Bond so far.

I agree with most of what you said.  Brosnan was very good as Bond.  I remember wanting to see him in that role very much.  Sorry to see him lose the franchise.  But Daniel Craig is bringing his own stamp to it now.  More physical action than Brosnan.

But still ... there really is only 1 Bond, and that is Sean Connery.  Maybe it is because I grew up with him in the role or just maybe he is the best actor for the role.  That is what I like about THIS forum .. people can have different opinions.
Thank you
David

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 27, 2012, 05:31:40 PM »

Title: James Bond - From Russia with Love
Year: 1963
Audio: Engelsk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Engelsk: DTS: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Greek, Hindu, Hollandsk, Norsk, Svensk, Kommentar

Stars:
Sean Connery
Daniela Bianchi
Pedro Armendariz
Lotte Lenya
Robert Shaw
Bernard Lee (1908)

Plot:
James Bond 007 is on the search for a Russian decoding machine, known as Lektor. Bond needs to find this machine, before the evil SPECTRE organization discovers it first. Whilst being romantically linked with Russian girl, Tatiana Romanova, Bond sneaks his way around Istanbul, whilst each SPECTRE agent tries to pick him off, including the over powering Donald 'Red' Grant and ex-KGB agent Rosa Klebb who knows all the tricks in the books and even possesses an incredible poison tipped shoe!

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Dokumentar
Gallery
Booklet, Radio Spots

My Review:
Well, this one has some of the same elements as the first movie. They are starting of strong with this franchise, and here too they have done a great job with both the picture quality and the sound. Very good! The story was an ok story, but the movie was a bit slow at times. The train ride, nothing much happend really, until the end of the train ride. Could done alot more there IMO. But Mr.Connery does a great job again as the special agent! Still a solid peformance by all involved! Cant wait to start on the number 3  :)
Hopefully i'll get some James Bond in tomorrow aswell!
Its soon October, and then its a month break from James Bond! :o

My Rating:
 :D

I saw this one when it first came out.  I think my mom turned me onto the books and man was I excited.  I remember the train scene very well .. and at the time it seemed very intense .. what was going to happen etc.

I often wonder, when I watch older films that have times like this, have we become so jaded that we really need something happening all the time? 

Sorry .. just watched the shower scene from Psycho .. oh my .. and a little blood washes down into the drain .. swirling ..

Where was I .. oh yeah .. the need for action :)

From Russia with Love will always be one of my favorite James Bond movies.
Thank you
David

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #175 on: September 27, 2012, 06:50:38 PM »
Nice reviews :)
Btw, there is a rating tag which will automatically use the correct smiley.
Just press the icon in the "Post reply" dialog und insert a number from 0 to 5 inside the "mr" brackets.
Just noticed it again, that we have 0-5. Which means you can map your 1-6 ratings after all.
For more information see here.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 27, 2012, 08:18:56 PM »
Thank you :) I will check it out on the next James Bond movie =)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 28, 2012, 03:51:31 PM »

Title: James Bond - Goldfinger
Year: 1964
Director: Guy Hamilton
Length: 105 Min.
Audio: Engelsk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Engelsk: DTS: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Sean Connery
Honor Blackman
Gert Frobe
Shirley Eaton
Tania Mallet
Harold Sakata

Plot:
Bond is back and his next mission takes him to Fort Knox, where Auric Goldfinger and his henchman are planning to raid Fort Knox and obliterate the world economy. To save the world once again, Bond will need to become friends with Goldfinger, dodge killer hats and avoid Goldfinger's personal pilot, the sexy Pussy Galore. She might not have feelings for Bond, but will 007 help her change her mind?

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Dokumentar
Gallery
Booklet, Radio Spots, Screen Tests

My Review:
Well, i've been doing a mini James Bond marathon yesterday and today, and got 3 movies in. But didnt have any time to review them yet, so i will review them now, starting in order! And this time James Bond is taking us to Fort Nox of all places! And of course he got to save the world, before his enemy is able to rob Fort Nox and what not. Very good story in this one (IMO) Had the tension trough out it. And to the save the world, JB have to be friends with Mr.Goldfinger himself. But how does he do that? Without blow anything? For me, they had the suspence very well trough out the movie. And Sean Connery was killing it again as 007. So far i think this is his best James Bond movie. A really good one, that i recommand of course you guys to watch. And the picture and sound quality is great aswell! Being that old.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 28, 2012, 04:05:23 PM »

Title: James Bond - Thunderball
Year: 1965
Length: 125 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: Engelsk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Engelsk: DTS: 5.1, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Sean Connery
Claudine Auger
Adolfo Celi
Luciana Paluzzi
Rik Van Nutter
Guy Doleman

Plot:
James Bond continues on his fourth mission, with his aim to recover two stolen warheads. They have been taken by the evil SPECTRE organisation. The world is held hostage and Bond heads to Nassau. Here, he meets the beautiful Domino and is forced into a thrilling confrontation with SPECTRE agent Emilio Largo, on board his boat, the Disco Volante. Will 007 prevent the killing of millions of innocent victims?

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Dokumentar
Gallery
Booklet, Radio Spots

My Review:
So Specter is back huh? So this time he have to travel all the way to Bahamas to get back some warheads. While the "world is held hostage" once again, a real good movie. And ok story, but we've delt with Specter before. So when will this "war" between them end? And how will win? And i have to say that i like what they have done with the technology this around too. In that way, the movies just improves really! Not the best James Bond movie, but still a decent one. A must see of course for every Bond fans out there. Its interesting to see how they improves everytime from movie to movie, and how they do stuff. So far i really enjoy the new James Bond set!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 28, 2012, 04:21:52 PM »

Title: James Bond - You Only Live Twice
Year: 1967
Director: Lewis Gilbert
Length: 112 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1

Stars:
Sean Connery
Akiko Wakabayashi
Mie Hama
Tetsuro Tamba
Teru Shimada
Karin Dor

Plot:
When an American space capsule is swallowed up by what they believe to be a Russian spaceship, World War 3 nearly breaks out. The British Government, however, suspect that other powers are at work as the space craft went down near Japan. S.P.E.C.T.R.E. is the force behind the theft, as James Bond discovers, but its motives are far from clear, and he must first find out where the captured space capsule is held before America and Russia initiate another world war.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Dokumentar
Gallery
Booklet, Radio Spots

My Review:
Interesting movie indeed! When i first saw the movie and saw the story i was a bit sceptical about it. Either it will be a real good one, or a bit too much! And IMO they managed it just perfectly. And this time James Bond is sent to Japan to avoid WW3, and of course i'm starting to understand that we wont get rid of SPECTRE that easy. Well, even if i dont like SPECTRE that much. I guess i dont have a choise. But a almost perfect Bond movie again. A bit different movie IMO (wich is a good thing!) And Mr.Connery just grows in the part as 007. Yet a great movie!

That was the movies i've been watching yesterday and today. I'll see what i get the time for a bit later.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas