Author Topic: The Person Below Me  (Read 21348 times)

SailorRipley

The Person Below Me
« on: July 29, 2007, 07:21:16 AM »
Alright let's see how we fare with this one.

:readthis: ***RULES*** :readthis:

• You'll start by taking a guess about the poster below you.
  • The guess can be Movie/DVD-related or more personal if you wish, there are no restrictions about what you can guess.
  • The poster below you will respond by saying YES, NO or MAYBE, writing a small comment about it and providing the next guess.
  • Every guess must start with "The person below me..."

Example:

You say: "The person below me secretly believes his/her mother-in-law is the offspring of Shrek."

The poster below you says: "Yes. I know for a fact she takes mud baths too."

Alright? Here we go.

The person below me usually likes to stare at his/her DVD collection and smile proudly.

Sanuye

Re: The Person Below Me
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 11:44:53 AM »
No, I stare at my collection wondering where I could put all the DVDs that don't fit in the shelves.

The person below me has way too much DVDs

Touti

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 09:53:11 PM »
What ?  I only got 400 hundred and I will never have enough.

However I know that the person below me sleeps with a dvd under the pillow.

lyonsden5

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 10:08:39 PM »
I do.... it's true  :bag:

At least I don't build a fort out of my DVD and watch cartoons in it like the person below me does..

SailorRipley

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 10:13:21 PM »
Hum... Well, do you have anything against watching Pinky and the Brain?

The person below me thinks he/she is watching far too many DVDs and not working enough.

Najemikon

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 10:21:23 PM »
That's not quite true. But when I'm working I'm thinking about DVDs to watch, so the work doesn't get done in any case!

But the person below me spends so much time arranging their DVDs, they run out of time to watch them. They must have dozens of unwatched titles by now!

Touti

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 10:26:24 PM »
Exactly 4 dozens actually but I'm trying to catch up.

But the person below me spends so much time on DVD Collectors Online I doubt he/she has any time left to actually collect DVD's

Sanuye

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 12:10:17 AM »
What ?  I only got 400 hundred and I will never have enough.
400 hundred?? 40.000? That must be a record  :tease:

But the person below me spends so much time on DVD Collectors Online I doubt he/she has any time left to actually collect DVD's

Not true, I have time to collect, but not enough time to watch them all!

The person below me has security tags in his/her DVDs and a security gate in the door, to prevent his/her friends from "borrowing" his/her DVDs

Touti

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 02:14:30 AM »
And in my DVD room I also have a dog, a infra-red security camera and an automatic lethal gas dispenser that does body temperature and breath analysis to make sure only me can get in the room.

The person below me thinks IMDB is evil.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 03:08:19 PM »
I don't think IMDb is evil. I take it for what it is and use it often to look up information. I do however have a understanding why we don't use credit data (or any data) from them in DVD Profiler.

The person below me is trying to cut down on DVD purchases but doesn't succeed.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 01:10:21 AM »
The reason I can't cut down on DVD purchases is because others keep recommending movies that I just MUST have!

The person below me can't decide whether to buy HD or Blu Ray formats and has decided to post a thread on the topic.

Najemikon

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 12:36:19 AM »
I'm trying to ignore HD altogether, until players come down in price and one format is crowned the glorious victor. DVD prices are crashing daily so is HD really worth getting into? I just upgraded my Titanic disc, a film I'm not even that bothered about, but I found the four-disc collector's set for £4.50! HD what?

The person below me wants to know where I found such a mega bargain!  :tease:

SailorRipley

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 02:43:51 AM »
Not particularly, I already have the 3-disc Titanic, a fourth disc may be too much to handle for me. But hey, I just got a bunch of shiny, old R1 DVDs at $2 USD each.

The person below me is married.

lyonsden5

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 02:40:43 PM »
Howd' you know  :hmmmm: Been married for almost 23 years.  :clap: My wife is my best friend.  ;D

The person below me used to change their own oil in their car but now goes to the shop to get it done and pays 4 times what it's worth just so they don't get dirty.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 01:27:57 PM »
Instead of paying to get my oil changed, I decided to buy a new car which includes free oil changes for life!

The person below me loves rules.