Author Topic: DVD Profiler - TV series  (Read 8584 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DVD Profiler - TV series
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 03:42:52 AM »
I like IMDb too. I see the data you supplied but what to I do with it? Do I have to type everything exactly as it looks? Where do I put this information? (And no telling me where to stick it either!). If it's fairly easy to explain then let me know; if it's too difficult, don't bother.

RossRoy

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 04:53:46 AM »
I like IMDb too. I see the data you supplied but what to I do with it? Do I have to type everything exactly as it looks? Where do I put this information? (And no telling me where to stick it either!). If it's fairly easy to explain then let me know; if it's too difficult, don't bother.

I'll never tell you to "stick it". It'll take what it takes, but we're going to make it work!

Alright, so, I've attached a TXT file to this post, which contains the code for the IMDb window in Profiler.

Basically, all you have to do is download the file, remove the .TXT at the end (so that it becomes a .HTML)

Then, in Profiler, go to View -> HTML Windows -> Edit... and a new window opens.

In that new window, do Section -> New..., it'll ask for a name for the HTML Window, give any name you want (call mine IMDb)

Make sure the newly create section is selected in the left column. If not, just click on it.

Then, do File -> Open HTML File..., browse to the HTML file you just download and click OPEN. This will load the code into the section.

The loaded code should be this
Code: [Select]
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
<!--
<DP NAME="HEADER_VARS" Language="JavaScript" Comments="True" IncludeCast="False" IncludeCrew="False">
/**************************************************/
var imdbStart = "";
var imdbEnd = "";
var imdbCode = "";
var imdbLink = "";
var imdbFound = false;
var imdbURL = "http://www.imdb.com/title/";

// Open IMDb page for the profile
function imdb() {
imdbStart = DP_Notes.toLowerCase().indexOf("\<imdb") + 6;

if (imdbStart>5) {
if (DP_Notes.toLowerCase().indexOf("\<\/imdb\>", imdbStart)>1) {
imdbEnd = DP_Notes.toLowerCase().indexOf("\<\/imdb\>", imdbStart);
} else {
imdbEnd = DP_Notes.toLowerCase().indexOf("\/\>", imdbStart);
}
imdbCode = DP_Notes.slice(imdbStart, imdbEnd);
imdbLink = (imdbURL + imdbCode);
imdbFound = true;
window.location.href = imdbLink;
} else {
document.write("There is no IMDb code in the notes.");
}
}
//-->
</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>
<BODY onload="imdb();">
</BODY>
</HTML>

Click OK at the bottom of the window.

Now, you have to activate the window. To do that, do View -> HTML Windows -> <NameOfYourNewWindow> and it will show it.

To place it where you want (I place it as a second tab next to my Overview tab), just drag the window title to the tab that says Overview (if you have one). When it will be turned into a tab, it should look like this (notice the icon in the middle of the screen):

----------------------------------

But, you are not done yet. At this point, the window will show what you see in my screenshot above "There is no IMDb code in the notes". To remedy that, you need to add some text to the notes section of each profile. Namely, the IMDb identification number. How do you find it? Easy.

Go to IMDb and find the movie (or click the IMDb button in DVD Profiler). When you are on the movie's page, look at the address bar in IE or Firefox or Safari or whatever you use to browse the net. You'll see something like this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0910812/ (this is the page for Tin Man)

The part that interests us is the ID code at the end. Copy this, and go to profiler, go to the notes section of the profile and add

<imdb=tt0910812 /> (replacing ttXXXXXXX for whatever code it should be for the current profile).

And it should work!

mpengle

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 07:28:05 AM »
Sebastian,

Thanks for your help, I will see about hooking that into my profiler to see if I like it. ...And yes, since I am new, I was looking through the older threads to see what I had already missed, though I still have even more catching up to do. I didn't want to ask anything that had been said a million times before, plus this thread DID interest me...lol  I am always interested in how others set up their profilers and am looking for new and interesting ideas for my own profiler....

Now if I only had more time to actually watch my dvds I would be all set...   ;D