Author Topic: What TV Series did you discover on DVD?  (Read 12485 times)

xyrano

Re: What TV Series did you discover on DVD?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2007, 07:05:18 AM »
FireFly (5/5): Loved this and am moaning about the early shutdown.
Farscape - Peacekeeper wars (5/5): Definitely getting the seasons. Prices still too high though.
Battlestar Galactica - S1-3 (5/5): Too bad we have to wait for the next season. I hate to wait!
Star Trek (Voyager, TNG and DS9):
 - Voyager - S1-7 (5/5): After watching all of this I had to get DS9 & TNG but knew they were made prior to Voyager so I only got the first seasons. Voyager is still my favourite to this day.
 - TNG - S1 (3/5): Didn't much care for the effects in this so I waited a long time before getting the rest of the seasons.
 - Deep Space 9 - S1 (4/5): DS9 S1 was better then TNG S1. Still waiting for the prices to drop on the remaining 6 seasons.
Star Trek - TNG - S1-7 (3.5/5): Yea, got the complete box and yep double-dipped S1  :(
Babylon 5 (5/5): OMG! What a story!!!
Andromeda (3.5/5):
SeaQuest - S1 (3/5): Apperently, they also made seasons 2 and 3... but they have not been released on DVD yet, afaik...
Band of brothers (5/5): Not much to say about this really...  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 04:31:16 PM by xyrano »

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2007, 12:02:47 PM »
TV, isn't that what you watch DVDs on?
:hysterical:

lovemunkey187

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2007, 09:56:18 PM »
Firefly and Forbidden Love have been my only blind buys as far as TV shows go, all of the of the others I've either been an avid fan of or have watched a couple of episodes when they were aired on the one eyed lodger.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 09:56:04 AM »
I have to add "Buffay the Vampire Layer" ... urm ... "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" to my "discovered on DVD" list.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

movie diva

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2007, 01:11:22 AM »
I discovered

The Gilmore Girls
Veronica Mars
Deadwood
Alias
The Dead Zone
Battlestar Galactica
The Wire (some of the best TV out there)

lyonsden5

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2007, 01:28:09 AM »
I discovered

Alias

Hmmm... Might have to move this one up on the wish list. I've never watched it but know I'll like it. With the WGA strike killing the rest of the TV year I'm looking for something to fill the gap.

Thanks Diva.

RossRoy

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2007, 02:46:35 AM »
I discovered

Alias

Hmmm... Might have to move this one up on the wish list. I've never watched it but know I'll like it. With the WGA strike killing the rest of the TV year I'm looking for something to fill the gap.

Thanks Diva.

Definitely get Alias. It's a great show. It gets a little convoluted towards the later seasons, but some of the twists in the first two seasons are awesome! How it all connects together and all.  :thumbup:

xyrano

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2007, 01:24:59 PM »
Bones: S1 of ? (Watched S1) (4/5). Good series in general, just a little demanding due to all technological babel.
Dead like me: S1-2 (Watched) (3.5/5).
Deadwood: S1-3 (Unwatched). Heard this was good and have high expectations.
Farscape: S1-4 (Watching). Been waiting for these seasons to drop in prize, like forever. Finally!
The Net: The Complete Series (Unwatched). A blind buy really, and I thought the movie was good, so...
Six feet under S1-5 (Watched S1-3). (2/5) Curiosity really killed the cat on this one. Definitely not my cup of tea. Am sorry I got it.
The Unit: S1 of ? (Unwatched). Saw a trailer somewhere, thought it be cool to have.

I've got a special favor to ask, if someone could help me clear out those question marks for me, as I do not like to hunt for this information myself due to spoilers, I would appreciate it a great deal. I thank you in advance  :bow:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 09:00:31 PM by xyrano »

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2007, 01:46:50 PM »
Dead like me: S1-2 of ? (Unwatched). Was curious and am looking forward to watching this.
2 Seasons. An additional direct-to-DVD movie has filming completed and will be released by MGM in summer 2008.

Deadwood: S1-3 of ? (Unwatched). Heard this was good and have high expectations.
3 Seasons. For a while, there were plans to follow up with some TV movies, but that ship has sailed.

Six feet under S1-5 (Watched S1-3). (2/5) Curiosity really killed the cat on this one. Definitely not my cup of tea. Am sorry I got it.
Ouch.
Matthias

RossRoy

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »

:fingerchew: :fingerchew: :fingerchew:
I bought that completely blind.. I bought a used, complete boxset, on recommendation of a lot of people around me. I have not watched any of it yet. Should I happen to not like it, at least, it was dirt cheap! ;)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2007, 04:55:32 PM »
Six Feet Under was a good show and I caught almost all episodes of the first three seasons when they played here on HBO; enjoyed that a lot. Somehow I lost interest after that and failed to continue watching the following seasons...

xyrano

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2007, 09:01:16 PM »
Thanks goodguy!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 12:20:50 PM »
Did I lot of Blind buying lately... so thought I would update this list.. Wow! I take a lot of chances on TV Series... but hey I have done alright... haven't been sorry about any yet! :)

Here is my updated list...

- 24 (I first saw this one on DVD... and I was quick to not only buy the next set... but also became one of the shows I never miss when it airs!)
- Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. (Watched the first disc of the so far... loving it!)
- Alias (Love it! After the first season was watched I went straight to my computer and ordered Season 2!)
- Arrested Development (A Friend gave me the complete series [all 3 sets] a good comedy... but I wouldn't say a favorite)
- The Buccaneers (Only watched 3 eps so far... but really enjoying it)
- Burns and Allen (Classic comedy that I have 2 cheap best of discs... would love to see more... hilarious show!)
- Cleopatra 2525 (Cheesy Sci-Fi Fun!... what more can you ask?)
- Dexter (Unwatched)
- Dinotopia: The Series (Unwatched)
- Dracula: The Series (A fun Saturday morning show... was geared towards kids... but I enjoyed it too!)
- The Ellen Show (Ellen's Second Attempt on a sitcom... decent Show... but see why it only lasted 1 season)
- Firefly (Awesome Show! Ended so much earlier then it should have!)
- Frasier (Never seen till brother bought me the first season... started a little rocky for me.. but grew on me. Now want to get more seasons!)
- Game Over (decent cartoon... but not surprised it got canceled)
- Good Morning World (a sitcom from the 60's with Goldie Hawn... was fun... but one of the most aggravating themes I ever had to sit through!)
- Grey's Anatomy (I really enjoy this one too!)
- Harsh Realm (A really cool army/war/sci-fi series created by Chris Carter)
- Hunter (Great cop show... a shame only 3 seasons was released)
- Kindred: The Embrace (Vampire/Mob series... only lasted 8 episodes... but very enjoyable)
- Kingdom Hospital (Limited Series by Stephen King... only meant to last 1 season... starts off slow..but I ended up loving it!)
- Kolchak: The Night Stalker (Classic Horror series... Watched the first disc so far... really enjoying it!)
- Lost (All I can say is... I Love It!)
- Masters of Horror (One of my new favorite shows!... only watch on DVD)
- Mutant X (Good series... need to change my volumes for season sets!... If I could find them!)
- My Hero (a hilarious sitcom from the UK that I would love to get every episode of!)
- Nowhere Man (Unwatched)
- One Step Beyond (A great classic series similar to The Twilight Zone)
- Planet of the Apes (only watched Disc 1 so far... but really enjoying it)
- Picket Fences (This one is a strange one for me... I find it way too preachy... but at the same time I love every second of it... and hope to see the rest of the series released!)
- Point Pleasant (Unwatched)
- S.W.A.T. (Classic cop show... really enjoyed it... wish they would release season 2!)
- Scrubs (Hilarious hospital sitcom)
- Sherlock Holmes (Really enjoyable classic mystery series)
- Sledge Hammer! (only watched 1 disc so far... early to judge but looks pretty funny)
- Sports Night (Was probably my first TV Series Blind Buy... really enjoyed it)
- Stacked (Unwatched)
- Surface (Only watched the first disc... so far having a hard time getting into it.)
- Tabitha (Spin-off of Bewitched... really enjoyed it)
- Twilight Zone - original (Awesome classic show! Loving every minute of it!)
- Without a Trace (This is a pretty good crime drama that I am looking forward to checking out more seasons of)
- V: The Complete Series (Unwatched)
...if I counted right... that is 41 series that I bought sight unseen... I either really been lucky... or I am extremely easy to please!  :P
Pete

mpengle

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2008, 07:13:38 AM »
Hope it's not too late to chime in as I am fairly new here, but here goes:

The stuff I never saw until dvd...

'Allo 'Allo
Angel (had already watched Buffy on tv then dvd)
At Last the 1948 Show
Battlestar Galactica (new version)
A Bit of Fry & Laurie
Clerks: Uncensored (the animated series)
Complete Jeeves & Wooster
Damo (Korean tv series)
Do Not Adjust Your Set
Family Guy
Father Ted
Firefly
Men Behaving Badly (UK version)
MI-5
My Name is Kim Sam Soon (korean...hey, what can I say, my wife is Korean)
Rooftop Room Cat (korean)
Smallville
Star Trek Enterprise
The Vicar of Dibley
Yes, Minister
Yes, Prime Minister

lovemunkey187

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2008, 01:31:13 PM »
Hope it's not too late to chime in as I am fairly new here, but here goes:

The stuff I never saw until dvd...

Damo (Korean tv series)
My Name is Kim Sam Soon (korean...hey, what can I say, my wife is Korean)

I can highly recommend THIS