Author Topic: Bringing Up Baby  (Read 252 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Bringing Up Baby
« on: March 20, 2023, 01:39:40 PM »
     Bringing up Baby: The Criterion Collection (1938/United States)

The Criterion Collection (United States)
Director:Howard Hawks
Writing:Dudley Nichols (Screenwriter), Hagar Wilde (Screenwriter), Hagar Wilde (Story By)
Length:103 min.
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: PCM: Mono
Subtitles:English

Stars:
Katharine Hepburn as Susan
Cary Grant (1904) as David
Charlie Ruggles as Major Applegate
Walter Catlett as Slocum
Barry Fitzgerald (1888) as Mr. Gogarty

Plot:
Screwball sparks fly when Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn let loose in one of the fastest and funniest films ever made—a high-wire act of invention that took American screen comedy to new heights of absurdity. Hoping to procure a million-dollar endowment from a wealthy society matron for his museum, a hapless paleontologist (Grant) finds himself entangled with a dizzy heiress (Hepburn) as the manic misadventures pile up—a missing dinosaur bone, a leopard on the loose, and plenty of gender-bending mayhem among them. Bringing Up Baby's sophisticated dialogue, spontaneous performances, and giddy innuendo come together in a whirlwind of comic chaos captured with lightning-in-a-bottle brio by director Howard Hawks.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Interviews

My Thoughts:

I found this film to be just a treat to watch. Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn are just great in this one. As a lover of animals.... especially the large cats I really enjoyed seeing the leopard in this fiilm. This film is more then worth the time put in to watch it I would highly recommend this one if you never seen it!
Rating:
Pete