Author Topic: Guardians of the Galaxy  (Read 2341 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Guardians of the Galaxy
« on: August 03, 2014, 06:46:20 AM »
Guardians of the Galaxy

5 out of 5 stars

I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy on opening day.  I loved it.  I want to see it in the theater again and I will definitely be adding it to my collection.

Peter Quill, who likes to call himself Star Lord, ends up in all sorts of trouble after he finds an orb that others are after.  He ends up working with a strange group including an assassin, two bounty hunter/mercenaries, and a maniac to save the galaxy. 

There is a scene after the end of the credits that ties back into something from earlier in the movie.  Another Marvel character is shown.  I knew who the character was immediately, though I have no idea what Marvel is planning where that character is concerned.  I certainly wasn't expecting that character to show up.  I thought maybe it would be someone that will be in one of the next few confirmed Marvel movies.

The plot is fun and entertaining, though it also has some more emotional moments as well.  There is a lot of humor throughout the movie and it works wonderfully well.  This movie made me laugh more than 22 Jump Street and Tammy.  There is a decent amount of action and adventure going on.  There is some violence, but nothing too extreme or graphic.  At one point, a character does make an obscene gesture.  It is done in a humorous way.  Even with that bit in the movie, it seems more family friendly than some of the other PG-13 rated comic book movies.  The movie is a bit...odd or even bizarre at times, but it works.  The oddness makes the movies more interesting and entertaining.  It is really one of the best movies of the year.

I did see the movie in 3D.  I did notice some 3D effects and think it was used well throughout the movie.  There are a lot of cool scenes throughout the movie and the 3D does add to some of them. 

Several older songs are heard throughout the movie.  The way the songs are used works very well and adds to what is going on.  Personally, I would have liked to have heard more of some of the songs. 

The characters are interesting and different from anything in any of the other comic book movies I've seen.  There is a small connection to the other Marvel cinematic universe movies through Thanos.  It seems like something in particular is being set up for him in future movies, though I don't know how at least one of the confirmed movies will connect to that. 

Guardians of the Galaxy is a very fun, entertaining movie that is well worth seeing.  It is awesome.

5 out of 5 stars

I did post a longer review on my blog.

Guardians of the Galaxy